**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is the game getting too hard?

13»

Comments

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The game should get much harder every month as it has been
    I think the game does progress in difficulty each month..but the average player team doesn’t progress with the difficulty to keep up.

Except it doesn't. Some months are harder than others and always have been.
  • Options
    I think the game does progress in difficulty each month..but the average player team doesn’t progress with the difficulty to keep up.

It seems very weird to me to believe that at least half of all the players playing a game are constantly falling behind further and further down the difficulty curve, which means for their entire playing time they are able to do less and less content and yet the vast majority of them keep on playing. That seems unlikely to me.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    The game should get harder but rewards should match difficulty.

The Champion EQ hard and good rewards
    Variant OP and rewards meh
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited December 2018
    I feel this month has been little harder than most though not too hard if you can play around Darkhawk, the only thing I found REALLY annoying from this month quest is the Thorns node. I mean, seriously, I hate it.
  • Options
    Captain_NietschCaptain_Nietsch Posts: 481 ★★
    I think the dynamics of the game are changing constantly. The biggest change are the new nodes that are being introduced and frankly , some of them are absurdly, over the top.

It is not about roster growth, but more about the growth of the player. Are you becoming a better player as the new content comes out or not. If you are not, then definitely the going is getting tougher each day.

The game's getting tough, no doubt, but are you getting better with it. It is a test of skill/ patience/ roster all the time, not to mention the need of having either an iOS or latest android device to play it.

If you're clearing content with 5/65 champs, then you're still in the selected few. With the Symbioid (between 4/55 and 5/65 champ), we all saw how ppl can clear content when provided with appropriate tools. EQ is not that hard to be honest, once you start practicing and not trying to clear the stage in one go. Practice makes perfect, but if you are having lag, then please try and see if you can get a better device.

I think the lag is a problem, for non iOS users. I have tried it on my older Galaxy S7 and newer Android devices. Them being new does not necessarily make it work without a bit of lag... Sorry to say. The game flows best on some devices, and becomes greatly increased in difficulty on others. And, with a bit of lag, some of the most challenging nodes become close to impossible. To bad I can't stand having an iPhone...
  • Options
    Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 371 ★★
    The game is getting way to frustrating for players
    Lowlivier wrote: »
    the real probleme is that every month there is a new probleme or a new ridiculous node buff that is making it harder and harder, the last month there was the probleme with aegon and parry, this month it's a ridiculous unbeatable node with start sp2 and unblocable combo.
    Remember last month, they communicate about the issue with aegon and parry/block but did not fixed it ine a full month of EQ, but when on the contrary there was a problem which gives advantage to us with the swap who juste overkill hyperion node, they reacted in just 30 minutes ???

It does not shock anyone?

Kabam is really making it harder and harder, i used to play since 3 years 1/2, i have not a champion skill but I do not owe anything to anyone, but and for the first time this month i am really blocking on the master EQ and i think it's not normal.

I'm not saying there should not be a challenge but not everyone has killer thumbs and we also have the right to participate and keep playing, if we can not even finish master why were we continuing to play.[/quote the sad thing is master is supposed to be compared to act 4 difficulty that is why they added higher difficulties.. How is a newer player supposed to survive? Even if by some miracle they managed to just complete master 1 time all they get is a 3 star and 500 4 star shards when most folks cant even beat it with 5 stars.. Nothing changes because new players quit when they realize they dont have a chance and never will..which makes the paying player base mainly 3 year old players who had time to complete everything before masteries and and heroes were nerfed so they have tons of maxed 5 stars and before new heroes were added to act 4 missions and the pi of heroes in that act were raised..i really think i need to just cut my losses with all the money i put into this game and walk away it was fun untill they made it impossible
  • Options
    Last night there were 97 votes for yes and 72 votes for now 6 hours later there are 92 votes yes and 82 votes no im starting to question kabams tallying system where did those other 5 votes for yes its too hard go?
  • Options
    SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    For the average player yes it has gotten harder. I have a good roster. Been playing over three years. I am UC. The last several EQs have been a lot harder to complete.
    Yes the game needs harder content for top players. That’s why we have act 5 and UC. If you make heroic harder to please top players next just so they get more content. There are also new players. Avg players. Their content is getting harder for their levels.
  • Options
    Sirmacool wrote: »
    For the average player yes it has gotten harder. I have a good roster. Been playing over three years. I am UC. The last several EQs have been a lot harder to complete.
    Yes the game needs harder content for top players. That’s why we have act 5 and UC. If you make heroic harder to please top players next just so they get more content. There are also new players. Avg players. Their content is getting harder for their levels.

Making heroic harder won't please top players. They will still autofight it.
  • Options

Exactly i started july first and beat master every month untill the symbiote event..even heroic has been alot harder but i still beat it without too much trouble..its okay to make some contend hard for players i just dont want to be locked out of every mission i need to complete to advance my roster..i dont expect to be an end game player right from the start. But if i cant really play after the first day because i already beat heroic than why even bother playing at all.. I basically wait for 1 day of gameplay every month.. Once i %100 act 4 which is close ill have nothing left to do every month
  • Options
    zarcorzarcor Posts: 28
    The difficulty has not risen, but the couple of last month you need the right counter to clear it relatively easily

You need to find those counter and that´s all
  • Options
    TaimurKhanTaimurKhan Posts: 119
    I don't mind if difficulty increases but at the same time, the rewards should increase too.
  • Options
    PhidoggPhidogg Posts: 37
    Right, the game is getting harder but the rewards stays the same...how many times have we defeated bosses in the Heroic or Master levels just to receive low amounts of gold or iso? Whenever we are playing lower levels the iso should be that way as well...beginner should be 75 to 125 but Master should be 3000 to 5000 for iso 8. The risk is high but not the reward. This should be for all content of the game, once you receive a certain level like Uncollected your gold per rounds should increase. Just a thought...
  • Options
    Urkel2 wrote: »

Exactly i started july first and beat master every month untill the symbiote event..even heroic has been alot harder but i still beat it without too much trouble..its okay to make some contend hard for players i just dont want to be locked out of every mission i need to complete to advance my roster..i dont expect to be an end game player right from the start. But if i cant really play after the first day because i already beat heroic than why even bother playing at all.. I basically wait for 1 day of gameplay every month.. Once i %100 act 4 which is close ill have nothing left to do every month

Your team will get stronger and you'll get better at the game.
  • Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    I do like the in game content which kabam releases and it should be more harder