**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are we sure this is all RNG based?

KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
Over 5k glory spent on t4cc fragment crystals along with dozens of crystals from EQ and AQ and not a single shard of skill which just so happens to be the only class I need. How often does this happen to you guys?

Comments

• Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Popped two 5* class awakening gems after completing Act 5. Needed anything BUT mystic & cosmic.
    Guess which two I got?

Open three rank up gems.
    In desperate need of Tech, Skill & Mutant.
    Guess which three I didn't get?

RNG my ass.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I opened 6 T4CC crystals and got 3 Mutants, which was the class I was searching for. We can't be 100% sure it's based on RNG, but we don't have any evidence pointing to the contrary. For every time someone is unlucky, someone else is lucky, that's how RNG works. Usually you only hear the unlucky ones though, cause they have something to complain about. So it feels like RNG is heavily favored against us.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    RNG is definitely against me on my main account. Haven’t pulled anything decent from any crystals since Heimdall was originally released. Basically 4 months of Rhinos, Hulkbusters, and Groots.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    So you think Kabam wants to actively prevent you from getting what you need? The game looks at your inventory and reduces the odds for what you are low on...except for those times when you get exactly what you need? That's when the "he has suffered enough" algorithm kicks in?
  • Options
    So you think Kabam wants to actively prevent you from getting what you need? The game looks at your inventory and reduces the odds for what you are low on...except for those times when you get exactly what you need? That's when the "he has suffered enough" algorithm kicks in?

Yes actually. Because as I’ve heard many times from a few guys around here the game doesn’t want to give you what you need. That’s what drives the gambling compulsion and keeps you coming back. “Maybe I’ll get it next time”.
  • Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    edited December 2018
    Lol I have a friend who deleted the game today after two bs pulls. His 5* were as follows...

Kingpin
    Groot
    Cyclops (Red team duped)
    Rogue
    BP (Civil War)
    Iron Patriot (Duped)
    Gambit
    Cable
    Rhino (Duped)
    Agent Venom
    Night Crawler
    Hulkbuster
    Red Skull **featured crystal**
    Karnak **featured crystal**

Last two were the last straw. Pushed him over the edge 🤣
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    Well, I for one (doubt anyone really can to anyone’s satisfaction) cannot definitively say one way or the other so it’s a judgement call. I would rather trust what Kabam says as they are held to a higher standard than rando internet posts, shower thoughts and tricks of the mind.
  • Options
    Lol I have a friend who deleted the game today after two bs pulls. His 5* were as follows...

Kingpin
    Groot
    Cyclops (Red team duped)
    Rogue
    BP (Civil War)
    Iron Patriot (Duped)
    Gambit
    Cable
    Rhino (Duped)
    Agent Venom
    Night Crawler
    Hulkbuster
    Red Skull **featured crystal**
    Karnak **featured crystal**

Last two were the last straw. Pushed him over the edge 🤣

I would quit too. That’s awful.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,024 ★★★★★
    I flipped a coin today and called heads. It was tails. Think the goverment did it on purpose so I didnt get what I wanted?
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    There's literally no point for it not to be RNG based, if it was otherwise and it got revealed it's them just waiting for someone to get fed up and file a lawsuit. I've heard of tons of people leaving the game after poor RNG and burnout. Not to mention the fact that as we have seen in the past year their servers are already volatile so having dozens of additional algorithms rigging every account just wouldn't be efficient. Not having it RNG based means they have almost nothing to gain and everything to lose.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,281 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    If this thread gets longer, more Kabam apologist threadcrappers are going to appear and *bleeep* it. Just sayin'.

[Hip waders on cuz the sarcasm, she be thick.]
    Clearly Kabam's RNG process is perfect. There's never been anything in this game where the outcome was anything other than was intended. Never. Everything else always works just as expected, so why would this process be any different?
  • Options
    WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    You can get into a debate about how computers are incapable of TRUE randomness but aside from that… Random rarely seems random but if you were to keep track of 100...or better yet 200 crystals, you would probably find a near Equal split.

But I feel ya, about a year ago I pulled 4 cosmic in a row. It was what I was maxed on and coincidentally was also wanting skill😂
  • Options
    BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    This is not a question of “luck” There is no debate. Luck is something that cannot be defined. What we have here is called an algorithm. It’s basically a series “yes” and/or “no” which are string together, in an order, to give balance.

This can mean different things, depending on the code devolopes and game executives decide to implement. Likely taking into consideration what you choose to spend your money, time, and resources on.

Quite possibly how many higher ranking champions of a particular class you may already have.

It was written, by man, in all our infallible glory.