**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think it’s better to rank up champions you love to play, or champs that are “God tier”?

2»

Comments

• Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    I do both, there are a lot of “god tier” champs that I enjoy playing already so that makes things easier. There are still many champs that by no means are bad, just not TOP tier that I still enjoy and rank up, like Elektra, Hood, Sentinel (okay he’s pretty damn good) and some others. I’ve definitely made some rank up decisions that I’m sure many people would think I’m crazy for but then again, the aim of the game is to have fun.
  • Foxhero007Foxhero007 Posts: 690 ★★★
    I"ll like to take up champions that I like to play, over what the community say is a good or bad champion.
    so why would I or anyone else would follow the herd and it would boring if we all use and play with the same champions there would be no fun in playing that way.
  • I usually rank up champs I like or am good with but if I get good "godtier" champ, I try to prioritize getting them ranked up if I'm good at using them.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I might keep my ear to the ground for feedback on who is efficient and who isn't, but I don't allow anyone to tell me who to Rank and who not to. I don't subscribe to the God Tier List. So much is missed in that. If we don't spend the time to use and get to know Champs outside that list, then obviously they'll all be useless. Can't use what you don't use. I Rank who I want. I try to get the most utility out of my higher Resources, but ultimately, if I like a Champ enough, I'll Rank them. Sitting with a 4* R5 Thor Rags. No regrets. Push him past an L3 and watch him go to town. Always be willing to think outside the box. :)
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    Sad but true, I would go with God Tiers. They will help you A lot more in difficult content.
  • This may seem pedantic, but I generally rank up who I want to rank up. A lot of things factor into that decision, but no one's god tier list directly factors into that decision. Sometimes I'm ranking up a champ because that champ would help be a lot based on what I'm doing now or what I want to do later. Sometimes I'm ranking up a champ because I think that champ would be a very useful champ to have for future content. Sometimes I'm ranking up a champ because I have resources expiring and I'm choosing to rank up something that isn't at the top of my list but would be a good use of the resources. Every rank up decision I make is a situational decision at the time, and most of the time that decision is based on present or future utility of some kind. But occasionally it is because I've always wanted to rank something up, and I'm not sure how useful it will be, but I have the discretionary resources to burn.

In other words, I rank up who I want to rank up. It works for me. I don't think there is a "better" strategy in that regard.
  • RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Kinda a mix of both. You don't want a complete deadweight, but you don't want some forced rank up just for the sake of being of good either.
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    Define "better."

Better as in succeed on whatever quests?

OR

Better as in the level of enjoyment while playing?
  • GildenlowGildenlow Posts: 691 ★★★
    Definitely the ones you like to play, is a game after all.

I myself love playing with guillotine.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Gildenlow wrote: »
    Definitely the ones you like to play, is a game after all.

I myself love playing with guillotine.

She was my first 5/50 champ over a year ago. Loved her animations and how she could one-shot the cosmic path in AQ map 5. Picked her over Magik and Magik is still 4/40.

Granted, I also recently pulled a 5* Magik and she went to 4/55 immediately.

When it comes to ranking up 5* champs, they are very resource dependent. As such, there is some objective value in favoring more efficient champs with more utility.

Even if I loved playing with Groot or Colossus, there is no way I would pick them over Hype or AA.

Even in my above example of Guilly vs Magik, Guilly still had some legitimate utility.

It all comes down to what you find valuable in the game. This decision will separate the true Marvel fans from the pure gamers, although realistically we all sit somewhere in between.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Depends on your goals. If you are not focused on clearing endgame content and/ higher level AW/AQ then go with what you want.

If you are looking to clear endgame content with as little potion use as possible then stick with the god/demigod tier. They are there because they are the best at what they do and will allow for easier clearing of content.
  • FrankCYoungFrankCYoung Posts: 255 ★★
    Hey, it’s your game when you play, do what you think is best for yourself and getting your goals accomplished.
  • Utility. A 4* AA duped is jus as good as a rank 5 AA. It doesn’t need it. Jus faster..

I ranked 5 my CAIW because he has perfect block and high utility. Is he considered the best damage output? No; well, by some. But his damage is fair and his perfect block makes it worth it to me
    I know there are champs who are terrible like groot or colossus also there are great champs like blade, Emma frost or quake and there is no way that anyone with some understanding of the game will rank up one of the first ones over the God tiers.

Nevertheless I truly believe that once you get some options you should rank up the champs that you enjoy using which should implies that have utility for you.

Just as an example of this I have a 5 star blade who is still at R2, while my r4s are void, sabretooth and cap iw, just because as useful as blade is, I don't enjoy him that much, I actually use more often my R3 Massacre.

Other example is that if I'd get sparky I don't think I'd rank him up right away since I'm not familiar with that kind of style of playing.

So at the end of the day I play for fun and the champs I've ranked up are the ones that deliver that fun and some great utility over other God tiers.

Pd. Everyone in my alliance hates me for ranking up sabretooth over Emma frost as a 5 stars but I just don't like her that much,what can we do.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I think many of bros above cite the point: god tier

I’d say: try to play god tier more and exploit the merits them.

1.5 years ago when I got 5* GR, yet I kept him intact at level 1 as I just don’t like him (I kept using 5* Storm / x23 for all SQ EQ AQ AW....no jokes). Once in a while my ex-teammate saw my roster and asked why I set GR aside and he said the same to me. Fortunately I listen and gradually treasure the power of such god tier, which helps me to pass thru Act 5.2.6.
    Reference wrote: »
    I think many of bros above cite the point: god tier

I’d say: try to play god tier more and exploit the merits them.

1.5 years ago when I got 5* GR, yet I kept him intact at level 1 as I just don’t like him (I kept using 5* Storm / x23 for all SQ EQ AQ AW....no jokes). Once in a while my ex-teammate saw my roster and asked why I set GR aside and he said the same to me. Fortunately I listen and gradually treasure the power of such god tier, which helps me to pass thru Act 5.2.6.

I understand this. However I have a 5/50 blade awakaned blade and as powerful as he is, I don't like him. I didn't find anything g I can't do with my other champs so I'm good. Maybe some day I'll start liking him and rank him up, until then hell remain where he is.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,676 ★★★★★
    I like the game, I play for fun and as a nice time waster but I like progressing as well.

When the game presents challenges that are either really damn difficult or reasonably achievable based not on my skill or level of enjoyment, but having the right champs then the right champs are who I will invest in.

It just so happens the right champs are pretty useful everywhere.

• NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    love to play obviously
  • BeginthEndBeginthEnd Posts: 334
    This is one question with multiple answers, depending on your perspective, so I’ll break it down in order of what I believe is most important to advance in the game first, to what I believe is best for me last. (Switch it up if it makes ya feel better lol)

1.) Overall Quest Playabality- Ability to clear Event Quests, Act 1-5+, LoL. Strong Offense & Defense capability. Champions that bypass evade abilities, Immunities, and D.O.T. /Ability Accuary Reduction a plus.

2.) Alliance Quest- AQ is most important to bring top 3 champions. These can be champs with immunities to run paths with Bleed & Poision Nodes, or champs with power drain for other lanes, etc.

3.) AW- After deploying your top 3 champs to AQ, save your next top 3 for AW. Your team of 3 will receive synergy. In AW, your defensive 5 will not. This leaves your remaining 7-11 champs to drop for defense. If you can, keep diversity in mind, it can cost many points towards AW score.

4.) I do what I want, whenever I want, all of the time. This is more likely rule #1, I just don’t like to admit it. But I do it anyway. If I like a champion and want to use a gem to awaken em.. well.. God or not, I’m using the gem and ranking my champ. Cause I got Tha JUGGANAUGHT! Silly Bitchs! Weapons cannot harm meee! Don’t you know who I ammm?! Musta forgot.
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    I just stopped ranking the higher tiered list now since i explored act 5. Im busy focusing on ranking the champs i love the most and if i get sentry ill straight 55/55 him. I even have a rank up gem for him. The champs i got on r4 is high tier champs that i used to enjoy playing untill i played them too much. AA is still nice for me and my magik has been my first ever 5* back then i enjoyed her and still do but my blade. Idk i just dont love his play style anymore. Exept on power researve tho.