**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bug on thorns path at uncollected

I take a very hige amount of damage on thorns path. Why? With 2.2k hit i take over 800+ damage back ctj4fp8zhcfy.png

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Is 15% of the defender's attack
  • Options
    GracimoonGracimoon Posts: 29
    @will-o-wisp . Its 15% from the attack that make contact
  • Options
    No, it is 15% of the defender attack
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp nope. Not even close
  • Options
    It ... really is 15% of the defender's attack ...
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp if its like you say. Why here its lower the damage i had taked from thorns?a2dv25w5s91h.png
  • Options
    Crown excitment is lower from the previous screenshot. Therefore, Ghulk has less attack
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    0p9te530oi5a.png
    @will-o-wisp more crown excitment in thos photo. Higher attack. Same damage like in the 1st photo. So shut up cuz you dont have idea what game do u play
  • Options
    Hm no. You are wrong. You are taking less damage because Crown Excitment is lower.
    I know how thorns work, but apparently you not. So, learn.
  • Options
    Man are u blind or what? In 1st photo gulk had 56 crown excitment. And taked 817 damage. In the last photo gulk had 61 crown excitment. So higher than in the 1st photo. And taked the same damage. Wake up and leaen about this game
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    You're also comparing a crit vs a regular attack. When you crit, you take 15% crit-boosted damage.
  • Options
    @Dexman1349 with critical i toked 817 damage. Without critical i toked 791
  • Options
    @will-o-wisp learn somerhing about the game. Here you go what means thornswbmpuqifznve.jpeg
  • Options
    That is Static Shock, not thorns.
    ... Really? Just do a simple search around the forums and you'll see how thorns work. Is % of the defender's attack. Confirmed. Fact.
  • Options
    Keep searching about thorns. And in the last picture was the thorns from electro. So keep learning about the game
  • Options
    What means thorns? And its about the defender or the attacker attack?
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    It’s been tested and confirmed literally years ago that it’s based on the defender’s attack. Thorns is different from electro.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/4h29w0/best_techniques_to_fight_thorns/#ampf=undefined
  • Options
    And why its this correct? Only cuz a guu said that? Lool
  • Options
    Gracimoon wrote: »
    And why its this correct? Only cuz a guu said that? Lool

I can throw that just back at you.
    Electro doesn't have thorns. He has static shock, and both are different abilities that work differently (don't believe, just search)
  • Options
    You guys should play pokemon go. Cuz both of tou dont have any idea about the game. And will. If electro doesnt have thorns. Im obama. And im not. Peace and go find a game where tou can be really good. Like sudoku. Pokemon go. Mario go
  • Options
    Look, I'm just explaining how the game works. I'm confident of what I say because I actually know a lot of how the game works, but not everything.
    You clearly are wrong, but if you still want to insist, you can just try to prove me wrong, and I'll tell you the opposite. Just don't come here thinking you know anything and everyone else knows nothing
  • Options
    BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    3euf5i7aa756.png
    xywbrs4laycu.png
    mod4qjghy629.png
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    No need to attack those providing answers if it's not what you want to hear. Thorns has been based on defenders' attack rating since it was part of the old AW maps.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,027 ★★★★★
    You guys should play pokemon go. Cuz both of tou dont have any idea about the game. And will. If electro doesnt have thorns. Im obama. And im not. Peace and go find a game where tou can be really good. Like sudoku. Pokemon go. Mario go

Hi Obama....

You are 100% incorrect. The fact that you don't know the difference between thorns and static shock shows how much you don't know about the game.
  • Options
    You've already posted this ...

Thorns deal % of the defender's attack as physic damage. Some champions counter it, and some champions can just lower the deffensive ability accuracy and avoid it. Pacify mastery helps too.
    Reducing the defender's attack also works. Use champions that apply weakness debuffs.
    Champion's with high physical resistance also help to reduce the damage taken.
    Champion's with damage over time abilities are also useful since they deal damage without contact.

Otherwise, champions with big damage output on basic attacks like Corvus will take less hits to finish the enemy, and not taking a lot of thorn's damage
  • Options
    XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    0p9te530oi5a.png
    @will-o-wisp more crown excitment in thos photo. Higher attack. Same damage like in the 1st photo. So shut up cuz you dont have idea what game do u play

So, here you are showing a crit doing much more damage than your normal attack, with did around 1,100, but it only did 100 less damage to you, your logic is that Thorns is based off of your hits dealt? Cause then look at the photos, doesn’t hold up
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    this thread is infuriating. electro having thorns. sheesh