**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How to use Dr. Voodoo?

iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
I have the generic 4* AG in my inv., I don't have too many I consider for options, and I don't even know much about Dr Voodoo, so can anyone give tips? I have a Star Lord as well but I am not considering him at all. I am thinking about saving it for like Blade or Domino for example

Comments

• DragonFire2DragonFire2 Posts: 181
    Voodoo is one of the best power controllers in the game. His duped ability most definitely helps. He’s good because he regenerates at the start of the fight, can nullify any buffs with his SP1 and turn them into poison, his SP2 can either power drain or power burn and deal damage on all hits, and his SP3 gives him power drain and then gain. His duped ability gives him increased ability accuracy, so he places his loa faster, at the start and any time you use a special attack on an even combo- so essentially, you stack those and use an SP1 even combo and they’re poisoned. It also increases his buff duration. Same for an SP2- convert 3 loa to power burn and you’ll get a bonus 300-400 damage each hit. On an odd combo, his duped ability reduces the opponent’s ability accuracy, including on some nodes, and increases their debuff duration.
  • ATAudiATAudi Posts: 18
    Is he worthy to r5 as a five star
    I only have him as a 4*, but if he’s duped he’d probably be a good R5. There’s other options out there, just depends who you have and what you need- war offense, defense, AQ, EQ, so on.
    My strategy for using him is if the opponent can have their specials varied and you don’t have to worry about them hitting an SP3 yet, build up a bunch of loa and SP1 them on an even combo and poison them. If they gain power a lot or are close to an SP3, build at least 3 loa and SP2 them on an even combo (odd combo can work, but doesn’t all the time). Depending on your level of MD, nullifying all the buffs on an SP1 may charge you to an SP3, fire that off quickly, or build loa and then fire it off. Rinse and repeat
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Power control and his poison is great. Especially when facing bleed immune champs.
  • Kushstar420Kushstar420 Posts: 192
    use the ag on him. fight like normal and remember to stack up those loas. best sp is his s3 cause it power drains the enemy and you power gain and you basically can get another s3 or pump a couple s1s or an s1 and s2 (your choice based on the fight) . when hes duped he gets a longer regen. hes great against guys that get a lot of buffs as he can null them better when duped.
    basically use his s3 or s2 or spam s1's after his s3.

hes honestly such a great champ to have and is still good unduped
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    ATAudi wrote: »
    Is he worthy to r5 as a five star

Only if awakened. If so then yes.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited December 2018
    I have voodoo at r4 5* and he is amazing. Don’t know if you need him at r5 but wouldn’t be bad. He has great overall utility because he regents a good chunk every fight, has ability reduction, power drain and power burn, long stackable poison(when used right can control regent realty).

I would watch some videos on how to use voodoo properly or read and understand his abilities to use him properly. When played right he is a beast and can be useful in most situations but needs to be understood and you need to make sure you know what you are doing with him every fight from a strategic standpoint. In champions clash I used him for every fight other than Magik and void and only revived a couple of times as a result.

Also his sig ability is crucial for his consistency but still good without it l.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Check out videos by @DTMelodicMetal on Reddit and YouTube. He is an avid Voodoo user and can show you what you can do.

Dr. Zola
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Check out videos by @DTMelodicMetal on Reddit and YouTube. He is an avid Voodoo user and can show you what you can do.

Dr. Zola

Thanks for the compliment @DrZola. @The_Unknown 5* DV is worth a generic gem, same goes for the 4*. I don't have many videos of 4* DV, the 5* solos Korg AW bosses without removing dexterity or learning to evade his sp1:

https://youtu.be/IJF6Yd5J_uo