**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Banned accounts deleted or remains in game?

When people get banned, do their accounts get deleted, or does it just remain in the game and that they can't log in to it any more? It'd be nice to know so the officers can know who to kick

Comments

• The account is not deleted, and does remain visible in game.
  • LIKEaBOSS88LIKEaBOSS88 Posts: 22
    They remain in game
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Fhap1234 wrote: »
    When people get banned, do their accounts get deleted, or does it just remain in the game and that they can't log in to it any more? It'd be nice to know so the officers can know who to kick

Generally alliances have rules regarding inactivity. So, if a person is gone longer than say 48 hours then they get kicked. I guess the bigger issue would be an alliance where the leader and all officers were banned leaving all members to wonder what to do. But eventually I assume they would leave.
    The account is not deleted, and does remain visible in game.

So, if the person that was banned because they used a hack or cheat to get the 5* Ultron from Labyrinth then we will still see that they have the 5* in their profile?
  • LIKEaBOSS88LIKEaBOSS88 Posts: 22
    Lol yup
  • JSnookJSnook Posts: 219
    edited July 2017
    What would be the purpose of them remaining visible in the game? I've often wondered why really low level accounts remain visible as well that you know aren't active? Would purging this data off the server after certain period of time not benefit the game? Or is it insignificant amount of data?
  • Fhap1234Fhap1234 Posts: 62
    I guess that makes sense. It gives people a chance to file an appeal on the least.
    Fhap1234 wrote: »
    I guess that makes sense. It gives people a chance to file an appeal on the least.

I agree with it staying out there for a time, but once an appeal is dead they could free up space and just jettison the junk accounts or scumbags. Not sure what to call them.
  • HerediusHeredius Posts: 29
    They remain in the game so Kabam can inflate the number of players in the game.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    I made a suggestion in the old forum a long, long time ago as well as more recently in one of the deleted threads that banned accounts should have their title changed to "banned". This is how it is in the new forum.

Once an account is removed from an alliance, it becomes impossible to determine if that player was already reported and banned(or to more accurate, made inactive) with one exception. That exception is that you become a stalker and keep track of the player's statistics over a period of time like a week or 2.

Without knowing that the player had already been banned (again, "made inactive"), then that player gets reported over and over again and creates an appearance that cheating players aren't punished.

So the question is this: do the banned players have their profile title changed? It seems like the answer is no.
  • jegaviaojegaviao Posts: 1
    e quais as chances de uma conta banida voltar a ser usada?
    a casos de players que voltaram a jogar apos serem banidos?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Some players tried to hide their 5* ultron by not ranking it so it won't necessarily be in their profile
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    edited July 2017
    They can cheat by new app and run game with ban account ?
  • TheOneAndOnlyTheOneAndOnly Posts: 690 ★★★
    They can cheat by new app and run game with ban account ?

No, once banned that account is locked out. That's why there have been so many posted begging to let them back in.