Options

Take on the Trials of the Elementals!

123468

Comments

  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    xNig wrote: »
    Aquama wrote: »
    89k2w1w4cxr0.png
    Enoughs enough. I’ve got a great amount of 5 stars , but to have to narrow down to 4 champs on a fight I can’t even see, to counter a 100 percent health drain on iceman is ridiculous. Noded for extended buff duration at that. I played all week. Spent plenty to get to this point. Used all my buffs. This fights literally impossible without emptying the bank. When kabam continues to do stuff like this, I’m done supporting the game. #kabammedagain

    Interesting that you KNEW the possibility of having an Iceman in your path and didn’t bring a cold snap immune or rogue.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but we had no list of champs that could appear in this final quest, so it's not like we know how likely it is for any specific champ to show up on our paths. Personally I think that seeing as previous events have never had Ice Man with coldsnap that will drain 100% of your health there was no reason to believe that these trials would have been any different. Also seeing as only one champ in the game can place coldsnap it seems ridiculous that unless you bring one of the few champs with coldsnap immunity then you're screwed.

    Now I'm not saying don't play safe and bring a coldsnap immune champ, however, once we get done filling our teams with champs to avoid the unavoidable damage, there's hardly any space left to actually bring our strongest champs. For example, we currently have Dorm with his degen that only Gulk counters well. Iceman with ST or Corvus as good counters. Abom with any poison immune as a counter. Morningstar with any bleed immune as a counter.

    Some of these counters are great champs that you may want to bring to the trials anyway, but unless you are really lucky and have all of these specific counters as r4 or higher 5*, then you are kind of screwed if you miss an immunity on your team.

    The average player probably has 1-2 r4 or higher 5* champs to counter any of these unavoidable damage fights. That means that they are still going to have to bring 2 4* or r3 5* champs just to ensure they don't die to unavoidable damage. That leaves only 1-2 open slots on your team to bring the champions that you actually want to bring. This is the big issue for me. I shouldn't have to bring a counter to every single possibility of unavoidable damage. The amount of unavoidable damage shouldn't automatically KO your champs. Eventually there may not even be enough spaces on your team to counter all possible instances of unavoidable damage. At that point what do you do?

    Ultimately, my point is that we shouldn't have to build our teams based on the off chance that the stars align and we get the one champ in the game that can place a specific debuff. It just isn't logical. I don't leave early for work because there is a slight chance an accident might occur which would make me late. It just isn't natural for people to plan for things based on slim chances and for sure shouldn't be required of us to build a full immunity team just on the off chance we might get one of the few champs that can cause a specific type of unavoidable damage.
  • Options
    xNig wrote: »
    Mechanech1 wrote: »
    So us android users have to go a full month to play the alchemist event we are missing now. 1 month to claim. Rewards we could be using now if we complete it. Something doesn't seem right here. I believe you need to remove the entire quest and fix everything, then try again next month. iOS is gaining an unfair advantage more and more. This needs to stop.

    Seriously? 800 + 500 5* shards + a few elementals is an “unfair advantage”?

    Yes! It's an unfair disadvantage. I will open my 4th 6* crystal in 5 days and I want iso. If I was getting today those 4* shards and 5*shards I might dupe someone, and I would get some iso. Now I will wait even longer to take my 6*champs to level 25
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    If I play with two phones - one Android, one iPhone do I have access to both?

    You can lock it anyway you want now but should just track who attempted / completed it this round and anyone who didn’t, regardless of device has access to Feb 6

    It's most likely you will be able to, but you will only have the same amount of Boosts as everybody else. These quests are not easy, and many people are having trouble with them even with the Boosts.

    We'll discuss further locks soon.

    One of the reasons the Day 7 Trials are difficult even with the boosts is the wacky and (hopefully) unintentional interactions between the AI champs and the boosts (e.g., Dorm and Arc Overload).

    Is there any recalculation by the game team going on re: whether this is the kind of event experience they wanted to provide?

    Thanks

    Dr. Zola

    Ah someone else ran into that issue also... That Dorm sucked... Had to spend a couple revives on him. Arc overload regen should be passive.

    Actually, I had Debilitate Iceman. After fantastically bad pRNG luck on Double or Nothing/ Gamblers/ Oscillate Modok followed by Wasp on Aggression-Fury with a flurry of other nodes I can’t remember.

    Burned a few revives so I punted. I’d rather save my resources and units for an offer or for other parts of the game—not for 800 shards.

    The old trials were a reward for a week of slogging. These are punishment—and most people don’t enjoy punishment. Instead, they play like a collection of poorly designed, laggy content that needed another week of testing before release.

    Right now I’m wishing I was an Android player.

    Dr. Zola

    I can understand that. I'm just glad I didn't run into Iceman on my path with Abom, Dorm, and Medusa. Besides those fights none of them were that difficult. I still feel the few revives I used were worth the shards, but if I run into an iceman in the future, I don't have a counter for him. I may have to start bringing Korg so I get that 50% chance to shrug off debuffs.

    As I stated above, I really don't like that we have to fill our teams with champs just to counter 1 specific champ that has a small chance of actually being on our path. It seems dumb that like 4/5 of the champs I bring to the trial are all specific counters to ONE champ.
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Aquama wrote: »
    89k2w1w4cxr0.png
    Enoughs enough. I’ve got a great amount of 5 stars , but to have to narrow down to 4 champs on a fight I can’t even see, to counter a 100 percent health drain on iceman is ridiculous. Noded for extended buff duration at that. I played all week. Spent plenty to get to this point. Used all my buffs. This fights literally impossible without emptying the bank. When kabam continues to do stuff like this, I’m done supporting the game. #kabammedagain

    I got iceman as well and he wrecked my whole team.

    What I found the most ridiculous about this node was the spite node was being triggered BY THE BOOSTS KABAM GAVE US. Seriously @Kabam Miike this spite node needs to be removed from day 7. It's absurd.
  • Options
    AquamaAquama Posts: 135
    xNig wrote: »
    Aquama wrote: »
    89k2w1w4cxr0.png
    Enoughs enough. I’ve got a great amount of 5 stars , but to have to narrow down to 4 champs on a fight I can’t even see, to counter a 100 percent health drain on iceman is ridiculous. Noded for extended buff duration at that. I played all week. Spent plenty to get to this point. Used all my buffs. This fights literally impossible without emptying the bank. When kabam continues to do stuff like this, I’m done supporting the game. #kabammedagain

    Interesting that you KNEW the possibility of having an Iceman in your path and didn’t bring a cold snap immune or rogue.

    I “KNEW” once I entered the event. By that logic, I Knew every champ was a possibility. Lol.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,660 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    DrZola wrote: »
    TacoScotty wrote: »
    If I play with two phones - one Android, one iPhone do I have access to both?

    You can lock it anyway you want now but should just track who attempted / completed it this round and anyone who didn’t, regardless of device has access to Feb 6

    It's most likely you will be able to, but you will only have the same amount of Boosts as everybody else. These quests are not easy, and many people are having trouble with them even with the Boosts.

    We'll discuss further locks soon.

    One of the reasons the Day 7 Trials are difficult even with the boosts is the wacky and (hopefully) unintentional interactions between the AI champs and the boosts (e.g., Dorm and Arc Overload).

    Is there any recalculation by the game team going on re: whether this is the kind of event experience they wanted to provide?

    Thanks

    Dr. Zola

    Ah someone else ran into that issue also... That Dorm sucked... Had to spend a couple revives on him. Arc overload regen should be passive.

    Actually, I had Debilitate Iceman. After fantastically bad pRNG luck on Double or Nothing/ Gamblers/ Oscillate Modok followed by Wasp on Aggression-Fury with a flurry of other nodes I can’t remember.

    Burned a few revives so I punted. I’d rather save my resources and units for an offer or for other parts of the game—not for 800 shards.

    The old trials were a reward for a week of slogging. These are punishment—and most people don’t enjoy punishment. Instead, they play like a collection of poorly designed, laggy content that needed another week of testing before release.

    Right now I’m wishing I was an Android player.

    Dr. Zola

    I can understand that. I'm just glad I didn't run into Iceman on my path with Abom, Dorm, and Medusa. Besides those fights none of them were that difficult. I still feel the few revives I used were worth the shards, but if I run into an iceman in the future, I don't have a counter for him. I may have to start bringing Korg so I get that 50% chance to shrug off debuffs.

    As I stated above, I really don't like that we have to fill our teams with champs just to counter 1 specific champ that has a small chance of actually being on our path. It seems dumb that like 4/5 of the champs I bring to the trial are all specific counters to ONE champ.

    I had all kinds of issues with Modok and I usually wreck him with Blade. Every time my Arc Overload would kick in, he fired off a Sp1. Sure, I can evade it most of the time but there are plenty of times you miss the timing a split second and have to block...which also triggers Blade’s regen. AO and Blade regen reversed.

    Gets to one of my main points...if the idea was to just throw a jambalaya of nodes and boosts together and see what sticks, then just let us know. Feels like we are Guinea pigs testing what works and what doesn’t.

    Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,660 ★★★★★
    @addisonbassist at first I got excited because I thought you cited my comment as relevant to Quantum Field Theory. But I will gladly accept the more conventional QFT annotation. B)

    Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,660 ★★★★★
    edited January 2019
    DrZola wrote: »
    @addisonbassist at first I got excited because I thought you cited my comment as relevant to Quantum Field Theory. But I will gladly accept the more conventional QFT annotation. B)

    Dr. Zola

    Well, we are trying to figure out how all these buffs and debuffs are supposed to behave and interact with each other on behalf of the devs, which might as well be a discussion in Quantum Field Theory, so... puh-tay-toe, puh-tah-toe, I guess.

    It would be helpful to get some insight from the actual developers (been done before) about what they were shooting for with these quests. I’m still scratching my head but there must be some thought process behind it all.

    I’ve basically stopped using any items regardless of where I make it. Yesterday was close to item-free; today KM on the first node smoked my entire team (Brawl plus his own unstoppable buffs plus the inevitable Power Flood he got under Gamblers/ Double or Nothing four times was pretty stout). It was a “one mistake and/or one bad buff roll and done” experience.

    It’s a pRNG-fest that feels completely loaded against you, and I think once I realized that I stopped stressing about it. But I’d still like to talk with the creator to understand what the goals were here. I think you want players to take content seriously, and at just a week in, I’m not.

    Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    The worst part of this event is the difficulty doesn’t match for everyone. This works for and against everyone but truth is it shouldn’t be such an rng fest that when I load in I’m either in for a cakewalk or wondering whether I can even do it.

    Also the interactions between the buffs and the nodes on day 7 is pretty poor planning. This combined with the RNG of who you get makes the whole event very unfair to the player base as a whole(I was one of the luckier people too but still it’s BS)
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Trial of Fire is one of the worst things you’ve ever created. Honestly. I mean it’s a nightmare and not even close to being enjoyable by any standard. If you roll Killmonger you might as well just quit. He’s virtually unstoppable the whole time not to mention the garbage Gambler’s Fate debuffs you throw in there. He rolled regeneration and was healing about 300 health per tick which I know doesn’t sound like a lot but when you only have a 5 second gap (if you’re lucky) to hit him it makes this fight insurmountable. First the maze, now this.
  • Options
    EvangelionlovrEvangelionlovr Posts: 481 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Trial of Fire is one of the worst things you’ve ever created. Honestly. I mean it’s a nightmare and not even close to being enjoyable by any standard. If you roll Killmonger you might as well just quit. He’s virtually unstoppable the whole time not to mention the garbage Gambler’s Fate debuffs you throw in there. He rolled regeneration and was healing about 300 health per tick which I know doesn’t sound like a lot but when you only have a 5 second gap (if you’re lucky) to hit him it makes this fight insurmountable. First the maze, now this.

    Yeah when they get regen it's **** ridiculous, with only 5 second windows, the AI holding block when they have the armor half of Oscillate you can't out damage even the tiny regen. Once that happened when I was using Rhulk and I also got bleed so I was losing like a half an HP a second and he was gaining HP faster than I could do damage. It's such a crock of ****.
  • Options
    Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    Spurgeo14 wrote: »
    Vincew80 wrote: »
    If today’s quest is any indication of the rest of it then it’s going to be another maze to me. I’ve always done all the difficult content but some of this is just getting ridiculous & just plain lazy on their part. Thanks but no thanks.

    Just do Expert instead of Epic. Difficulty vs Rewards at Expert are scaled well in my opinion. Better than nothing, for sure!

    Yeah I could go that route but I’ve pretty much decided I’m over the BS they throw in here. I’ve become overly sick of the blatant money grabs so I just don’t do them. Honestly the rewards our guys have gotten have been trash for the effort/items anyway so I’m not missing out on anythin. It allows me to keep items for variant exploration so I can pull that inevitable r5 rank up that I’ll hold forever, waiting to get a champ worthy of it. Lol
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,321 ★★★★★
    Fun and interactive. The shameless spamming of unstoppable in every area of the game is almost as fun as RNG determining if you can finish the day or not. I got lucky today but a lot of people didn't and weren't happy about rolling nearly impossible fights.
  • Options
    nelly22nelly22 Posts: 65
    And what’s up with the timer resetting while the unstoppable is still active. Kabam!!!, it’s a 5 second window.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So what’s going on with mesmerize? Now true strike doesn’t counter it? Having champs evading constantly with it up. Tired of stuff not working in this game.
  • Options
    Is anyone else having problems activating elemental boosts during the trials and also being kicked out of the quest if their phone rings/has to be used for another app?
    Very disappointing
  • Options
    Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So what’s going on with mesmerize? Now true strike doesn’t counter it? Having champs evading constantly with it up. Tired of stuff not working in this game.

    Did not activate against my killmonger or may be I was lucky?
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So what’s going on with mesmerize? Now true strike doesn’t counter it? Having champs evading constantly with it up. Tired of stuff not working in this game.

    Did not activate against my killmonger or may be I was lucky?

    I got stunned 4 times between both Heimdall and KM.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,396 ★★★★★
    WHY DOES MESMERIZE EXIST? Fun and interactive content. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,865 ★★★★★
    7% my behind. More like 700%.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    That Iceman was a joke, 3/4 of my blade and sparkys life (r5s)on initial coldsnap and constantly powergaining, having to full revive with today's potions an r5, way too many units, I ran my whole team at Iceman, revived sparky and blade to full health twice and only got killed twice by (unlockable) l2s, the rest all dead from unavoidable damage. Like Zola I quit out, did the other difficulties. That Iceman wasn't worth the rewards
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,660 ★★★★★
    Epic Agent Venom on Brawl/Oscillate/{insert other crazy node here} ate my lunch.

    Onward and upward.

    Dr. Zola
Sign In or Register to comment.