**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Im sick and tired of the small chat censors

I want to be able to talk to my alliance and not be censored when i go to say one my my teammates name (they are not profane in any way shape or form look us up if you dont believe me GMILI) or when i say "but" or any other non profane word

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    I remember that from years ago when I still used game chat for alliance communication.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Use line chat/discord
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I've touched on this before...

I believe Kabam is aware of how bad their chat is, and that's why they look the other way when 3rd party chat apps are discussed. They have conceded to them.

It's also hard because they have to try and make the chat family friendly.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Just put an option in game if you want to disable censor
    Kobster84 wrote: »
    Just put an option in game if you want to disable censor

They would have to raise the rating of the game if they did that.

That precedent was set when Oblivion came out. It was originally rated T, but when modders removed the underwear from characters they found anatomically correct textures. Even though the ability to strip a character down was not in the game , because the textures where there, Bethesda had to change the rating of the game to M.

Removing the ability to have a filter would create the same scenario.
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    Use line bro
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 471 ★★
    I got a forum warning email for saying something along the lines of "crappy" even describing something. The stuff you can't say all over in the MCOC community are pretty crazy
  • CletusazCletusaz Posts: 5
    The filter is a joke, half the things it censors are not profane.
    Cletusaz wrote: »
    The filter is a joke, half the things it censors are not profane.

The initialism/acronym algorithm is what needs the most work.
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    Use line. Kabam needs to fix their censors considering most of their players are in their 30s.
    Samspade23 wrote: »
    Use line. Kabam needs to fix their censors considering most of their players are in their 30s.

See my above post.
  • Ben93Ben93 Posts: 71
    This chat is so bad, in French it even censors the English equivalent of "even if", but insults such as "s**t" or "a**" are not. Please Kabam, we need an option to deactivate this, I'm sick of rewriting every time by adding a space between letters !
    Ben93 wrote: »
    This chat is so bad, in French it even censors the English equivalent of "even if", but insults such as "s**t" or "a**" are not. Please Kabam, we need an option to deactivate this, I'm sick of rewriting every time by adding a space between letters !

/sigh

Read my above post as to why they can't.
  • TheMarauder53TheMarauder53 Posts: 154
    I use discord but when i am in game and some of our guys dont have discord i need to still use the ally chat and sometimes i just wanna talk to my friends but it censors it like ugh #Mad
  • JmoneysteckJmoneysteck Posts: 196
    edited January 2019
    i was in a dungeon with a random and ask "u gonna revive?" and the "u" got censored