**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parry Ability Consistency

DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
It's kinda cool that with Blade, even parrying a ranged special attack from a distance causes the bleed ability of Blade's parry mechanic to trigger. But why don't other champs that apply a debuff upon parry get the same fair treatment? OG Thor causes armor break upon Parry. However parrying a ranged special with OG Thor does not apply his armor break. I can't be 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure the same goes for Corvus' armor break parry mechanic.
I'm certainly not advocating that this mechanic be taken away from Blade, but rather that it should be equally applied across the board. If a champ has a debuff or other beneficial effect associated with parrying the opponent, it should be applied with all types of parry.
Just my 2c.

Comments

• Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    OG Thor only applies armor break when he stuns his opponent, it doesn't have anything to do with parry, rather its the fact that parry causes stun.
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Corvus does it on ranged too
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    This is why we can’t have nice things
  • Options
    Werewrym wrote: »
    OG Thor only applies armor break when he stuns his opponent, it doesn't have anything to do with parry, rather its the fact that parry causes stun.

So, OG Thor fighting a stun immune enemy would never apply armor break then? (I never play with OG Thor outside of Arena, so never tested it).
  • Options
    This is why we can’t have nice things

No this is me trying to learn how game mechanics work. Try offering some helpful insight like the other folks commenting.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »

So, OG Thor fighting a stun immune enemy would never apply armor break then? (I never play with OG Thor outside of Arena, so never tested it).

That is correct. Thor is really only good against champions that are stunable.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    DukeZman wrote: »

You have to read the abilities closely to get the subtle nuances. Thor only applies armor break upon stunning the opponent which is why he can cause them with his specials, too, not just parry. Blade, Corvus, and Nebula’s effects happen with a well timed block which is why they apply even to ranged attacks. Although I’m not 100% sure on Nebula as I never tested it.
  • Options
    @Viper1987 @Werewrym @Ahitlaw Thank you for the helpful info!