**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So nightcrawler won't switch to swashbuckler...in war [Under Investigation]

SignumSignum Posts: 133
edited December 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
Last 2 wars, I've noticed that nightcrawlers timer for swashbuckler will just disappear right as he's about to switch...is this working as intended, it seems most apparent in war.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    ICRUSHYOUDEADICRUSHYOUDEAD Posts: 93
    I have fought him in the arena as well and cant get him to change either.
  • Options
    NikskiniNikskini Posts: 237
    Yes I have notice it several time in war whenever he's about to switch to swashbuckling either timer disappears or he stops blocking
  • Options
    Kabam Wolf wrote: »
    Hey everyone. I spent some time testing this, and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet. Can any of you provide a video of this happening? Thanks!

I will get in it next war. How do I post the video? Is there a size limit ?
  • Options
    Kabam wolf I have the video, how do I post it?
  • Options
    Well another ignored post on a money generating defender.
  • Options
    Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    Signum wrote: »
    Well another ignored post on a money generating defender.

Just PM him and ask instead.
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I noticed the timer can still diapear by hitting him
  • Options
    BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    Ive noticed that the speedat which you use your combos affects whether the timer disappears. If i use slow paced light attacks in good rhythm it wont disappear, if i dont then it does disappear
  • Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Breybrey wrote: »
    Ive noticed that the speedat which you use your combos affects whether the timer disappears. If i use slow paced light attacks in good rhythm it wont disappear, if i dont then it does disappear

Actually the slow method is my bread and butter of anti-Evasion when my Voodoo is in AQ and I can tell you…
    AoUV using slow combos still made the timer disappear
  • Options
    BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    I fought an unduped 5/50 NC on node 28 yesterday and got him to switch. Always tricky but it worked.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I think a problem we are seeing and not just nc is the ai ability to quickly drop block and pick it back up again without getting hit or repercussions. Let the players try that and see what happens. I have noticed a lot lately that when attacking into an ai block to try to fill the power bar some they can quickly drop block pick it up and turn it into a parry.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Don't buy that this is anything other than an intentional switch. It's as if he can let go of block and then hit block before you can land a shot. The ai is trying to avoid the switch more and the hyper active unreal response time allows it to cheat from changing mode
  • Options
    FizicystFizicyst Posts: 43
    I fought 3 NC in a row in our AW yesterday (including the left mini boss). I managed to switch two of them (and beat them all), but the timer disappeared at least 3 times. All 3 times he did not change stance at all and was still blocking. I expected the normal 0.5 s or so delay for swashbuckling to appear along with its icon, but it did not happen. This has been going on for a while...it really needs to be fixed. If it is the new aggressive AI causing the issues, then you should remove it until it has been fully tested.
  • Options
    UKnowULuvItUKnowULuvIt Posts: 83
    Agreed!!! I have seen this MULTIPLE times! During my combo to get him to switch, his grey timer just randomly disappears! Very frustrating!
  • Options
    loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    He is not switching in 5.3.2 path the first time I fight him
  • Options
    Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    Nightcrawler no longer bleeds either.
  • Options
    Odd, we are in tier 2 and all the alliances are not doing diversity, so in the last two wars I have fought about 10 ncs, more than have unduped. I literally haven't received one hit. Even when they are not on stun immune I switch them at the very beginning of the fight. No issues at all. Even on status immune mini.
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Is anyone still having issues with this?
  • Options
    mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    I just can't get him to switch, period. I just parry and hit. Everytime I try to switch him, he parry-hits me like 2 or 3 times and kills me.
  • Options
    Use iceman. Problem solved
  • Options
    DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    I fought him as a 67k war boss this morning. I was able to switch him right away using Magik. Then couldn't switch him using Wolverine. I beat him anyway. As far as I can tell, it's not a bug. Just sometimes the AI doesn't cooperate to let you switch him. He'll evade in the middle of his bock thus ending the timer to switch him.
  • Options
    NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    i noticed this during this months master mode. there is a NC in 3.2 there and sometimes he would change and sometimes he wouldn't each time i went past him. i decided to test it by slowing my attacks and forcing his stance to change well past the timer. i can confirm this experience as well. though i used Crossbones each time so perhaps his fury caused NC to not switch stance? i dont know. either way its weird
  • Options
    I have not had it in a while
This discussion has been closed.