Nebula and the robot

Okay I was looking at my Nebula and looked at her tags. She is under the tag of robot. “So what’s the problem?” you might ask, well a little background on her: In the comics and mcu she is an alien that was unlucky enough to have Thanod come and wipe out half of their people he kept her and pit her against her adopted sister Gamora everytime she lost Thanos put on more robotic parts, in the end she was (like Darth Vader) more machine than being therefore she is a cyborg. “What is your solution to this cyborg problem” well in the next patch replace ALL mcu and comic book characters that are cyborgs to have the tag cyborg
Thank you for reading I did not mean to make your eyes or brain hurt but it had to be typed farewell True Believers.

Comments

  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,477 Guardian
    Comics and MCU aside, she is a robot in this game

    To be precise, she has the #robot tag. That doesn't necessarily mean she is literally a robot, it just means she is affected by things that normally affect robots. In the MCU version of Nebula which the game seems to be borrowing from, she's had enough robotic parts incorporated into her that this isn't an unreasonable thing to have happen, at least in a game which always has to be simplified.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Comics and MCU aside, she is a robot in this game

    To be precise, she has the #robot tag. That doesn't necessarily mean she is literally a robot, it just means she is affected by things that normally affect robots. In the MCU version of Nebula which the game seems to be borrowing from, she's had enough robotic parts incorporated into her that this isn't an unreasonable thing to have happen, at least in a game which always has to be simplified.

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    I was going to make a post about this very topic, so thanks for saving me the trouble @jojodeth101 . She should be tagged cyborg, if the counter augment is that she is mostly tech so why not. That could be applied to many other champs in game, as the above MODOK comment pointed out.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,477 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Comics and MCU aside, she is a robot in this game

    To be precise, she has the #robot tag. That doesn't necessarily mean she is literally a robot, it just means she is affected by things that normally affect robots. In the MCU version of Nebula which the game seems to be borrowing from, she's had enough robotic parts incorporated into her that this isn't an unreasonable thing to have happen, at least in a game which always has to be simplified.

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?

    Because he's not affected by things that normally affect robots.

    The tag is an expression of a game design decision. It just has a convenient name. It could have just as easily been #A78F345B. The tag that says "this target is affected by abilities that normally affect the A78F345B things." Nebula has the #robot tag not because she matches the dictionary definition of a robot, but because the devs decided she would be affected by robot-affecting abilities. MODOK isn't, so MODOK doesn't have the tag.

    It is just like the #avengers tag. Across the history of Marvel Comics, practically everyone has been a member of the Avengers at one time or another. The question of who is an Avenger is somewhat arbitrary as a result. But the tag is not there to settle the fan question of who is really a true Avenger. It is there to indicate to players which champions are affected by certain abilities and synergies.

    The game is not a simulation of reality. There aren't real answers to questions like "why can Medusa shut down power gain from Sentinel but not Iron Man?" In fact, there aren't even real answers to questions like "what is power?" Very very few actual Marvel characters need to punch something over and over again in order to activate their special abilities. Power is not a "real" thing in the comics in the same way it is in MCOC. And thus shutting down power gain is also not a real thing in the comics in the same way it is in MCOC. And thus Medusa's armor shatter in MCOC also has no analog in the comics. And thus which things qualify as "robots" for the purpose of that ability also has no analog in the comics. The same is generally true for most other abilities that only affect a certain class of things, including other abilities specific to "robots."
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,666 ★★★★

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?

    Modok isn't mostly robotics that's just his chair. He's actually physically mostly just a human with a really big head.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    Sungj wrote: »

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?

    Modok isn't mostly robotics that's just his chair. He's actually physically mostly just a human with a really big head.

    Okay and nebula is just an alien that has been cyberneticly enhanced just like MODOK so my point is that if nebula is classified under the name robot then ALL the others should be too
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,666 ★★★★

    Okay and nebula is just an alien that has been cyberneticly enhanced just like MODOK so my point is that if nebula is classified under the name robot then ALL the others should be too

    I don't think you understand what a robot is. If someone uses a machine like MODOK that doesn't make him a robot. If I get in a forklift I don't become a robot if I sat in his chair I wouldn't be classified as a robot. Nebula, on the other hand, is almost entirely if not entirely mechanical. A quote from the movie "Thanos pulled my eye from my head. and my brain from my skull, and my arm from my body... because of you." She's not just cybernetically enhanced she's literally been turned into a machine or you know what they call a robot. Brain, flesh pretty much everything organic has been replaced.
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 59
    Sungj wrote: »

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?

    Modok isn't mostly robotics that's just his chair. He's actually physically mostly just a human with a really big head.

    Okay and nebula is just an alien that has been cyberneticly enhanced just like MODOK so my point is that if nebula is classified under the name robot then ALL the others should be too

    you're wrong. MODOK is a human being genetically modified to increase his brain abilities. through this process his head grew so big he needs his chair to be able to move around. the chair is equipped with extra toys to make him deadly. it's more like Ironman's suit. if you think MODOK should be tagged as robot, ironman should too
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    edited January 2019
    No problem with Nebula tagged as a robot since she's double immune.

    BUT: why the h*ll can't she block power gain (vs robots) just as Medusa does?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 6,163 ★★★★★
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    No problem with Nebula tagged as a robot since she's double immune.

    BUT: why the h*ll can't she block power gain (vs robots) just as Medusa does?

    Becasse it sea say that
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    VeeTeeTee wrote: »
    Sungj wrote: »

    Yes but what about M.O.D.O.K? He’s mostly robotics so why not him?

    Modok isn't mostly robotics that's just his chair. He's actually physically mostly just a human with a really big head.

    Okay and nebula is just an alien that has been cyberneticly enhanced just like MODOK so my point is that if nebula is classified under the name robot then ALL the others should be too

    you're wrong. MODOK is a human being genetically modified to increase his brain abilities. through this process his head grew so big he needs his chair to be able to move around. the chair is equipped with extra toys to make him deadly. it's more like Ironman's suit. if you think MODOK should be tagged as robot, ironman should too

    Okay let’s take MODOK’s name mechanized organisim disigned only for killing so yes he has been cyberneticly enhanced
  • MODOK is not a robot in this game.
    Nebula is a robot in this game.

    Simple as that, don't need to gather info from outside the game sincen that doesn't help that much
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    MODOK is not a robot in this game.
    Nebula is a robot in this game.

    Simple as that, don't need to gather info from outside the game sincen that doesn't help that much

    Thank you for your time please do not come again
  • SungjSungj Posts: 1,666 ★★★★

    Okay let’s take MODOK’s name mechanized organisim disigned only for killing so yes he has been cyberneticly enhanced

    You still don't know what a robot is, if someone gets a pacemaker they are technically cybernetically enhanced and it doesn't make them a robot. By any definition, a robot is a machine capable of carrying out tasks. Nebula fits that definition because almost everything including the nervous system, tissue and brain are mechanical. All of her actions are being carried out by advanced machinery. Modok is entirely organic except for an exoskeleton. He as an organic being that is carrying out tasks just like people with a prosthetic limb. There are robot parts but he is not a robot unless you think people with pacemakers, hearing implants, on life support machines, etc should be classified as robots as well.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 365
    Nebula is basically almost completly metal. Modok is not. Therefore nebula is given the robot tag. The end

    There is no reason for modok to be a robot...since hes not really a robot. He still has skin and flesh unlike nebula who doesn't. Thats why hes not bleed immune or a robot
  • Welderofortune2Welderofortune2 Posts: 139
    I'm pretty sure nebula still has her brain just her skull was replaced with a metal one, not that her brain was replaced or we would be dealing with a superior AI.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 10,477 Guardian
    I'm pretty sure nebula still has her brain just her skull was replaced with a metal one, not that her brain was replaced or we would be dealing with a superior AI.

    Or a Ship of Theseus brain.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    Also the opps I meant THE biggest supporting evidence is that Thanos did not reprogram her
  • I'm pretty sure nebula still has her brain just her skull was replaced with a metal one, not that her brain was replaced or we would be dealing with a superior AI.

    You can have a robot brain without AI if the brain is simply modeling the organic brain it replaced. Electrical impulses jumping across resistors instead of synapses, but they’re still modeling the original mind; probably get improved cognition and abilities, but you wouldn’t consider it an artificial intelligence, just an artificial brain housing it.
Sign In or Register to comment.