**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Question regarding the future of beacons (only answerable by kabam)

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
Beacons obviously give you access to profile pics at the end of the year, but this begs the question, do we still have to pay for them? As in, do the beacons unlock and a stack of units acquire, or beacons get you the pics automatically when they come out?

I haven’t seen this answered anywhere else and I would rather not spend the next in game currency on a beacon if I also have to pay units for them.

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I doubt they will answer this kind of question, first because it is obvious they do not want to disclose all of the details for this sequence of content, but second and more importantly anything they say today might get changed before the beacons are usable because that is a year downstream. They aren't going to say something now that might get changed later, and they aren't going to say something now that locks them into a decision permanently for an entire year.

Suppose they say "profile pics will require units" and so you and others don't buy them. And them in November you discover they also give you a shot at a special crystal or something. People would complain because they would say that Kabam was misleading with their statement, technically answering the question but failing to disclose some other important related piece of information.

I'm not saying that's going to happen, but it could happen and that's plenty enough reason to not selectively answer narrow questions about content that is a year away.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah I guess you’re right @DNA3000 good thought