**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Global Chat Moderators?

This games global chat is just about the most racist, sexist, and disgusting place a person can still be subjected to on the internet with impunity for those doing it. Multiple reports of repeat offenders do nothing. I wouldn't let my own sisters view the kind of filth you allow on here. Why isn't there a chat moderator? I'm sure trusted people from within the community could be given those responsibilities. Why do you allow this to go on kabam?

Comments

• NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    They are supposed to have filters to prevent saying certain things also there's this nifty little report button that you can do to show Kabam that people are being unruly in the global chat.
  • MetroidBlasterMetroidBlaster Posts: 131 ★★
    I think the better question is what is YOUR motivation for going on global?
    edited January 2019
    [/quote] pretty much only to recruit. Besides if you think MCOC's global chat is the most toxic place on the internet then I envy your virgin mind.[/quote]

Not seeing why moderation would affect you in the slightest then. As for the second part, there are more toxic places on the internet, but they don't pretend not to be.
    You can't even admit to being female in the global chat without being instantly harassed and have all manner of disgusting comments thrown at you.
    What's the point of the censor that hash tags more innocent words than bad, and a report system that no one's watching.
    As far as I can tell, this is kabams version of using a television as a babysitter.

I guess if going to global to talk about the game makes me a minority, so be it. Is it too much to ask that it isn't full of hate and misogyny?
  • the internet is a toxic place in general.

Sadly it is and I am wondering every day why. Why would you feel better if you attack another person?

A global chat admin who could ban people from the chat is something I would not mind.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I go to global for the same reason people stare at automobile accidents.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @MetroidBlaster I agree with you. I have had good conversations on global about the game but it's been awhile. I check in sometimes, confirm it's still absurd, and check out lol. The block button helps some.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited January 2019
    I agree with the point that global is useless and it's best to turn it off, although if there has to be global and people want it to be censored because they just can't turn it off on their kids device for some reason or whatever, then there indeed should be moderators, so kabam can disable this garbage words filter that rents communication in game impossible, because we cannot even type sentence like "that map is long and hard, lets maybe consider easier one" at our alliance chat because of it. Chat also needs to be recoded from scratch, because its pure garbage of a code besides that riddiculously bad filter - it's laggy and it's too limited to the number of characters in one message. I would be shocked to find out that Kabam coders are actually getting paid, and they are not volounteers or inmates on probation learning new profession, because the level of their work is so low that I would never pay them a single cent, and year after year after year there is no indication that they are working to improve it.
  • OP, we are really sorry to hear there has been so much negative experience on Global Chat within MCOC. We are always working to try and better the experience within the chat, however, there are times where things can slip through the cracks and for that we are truly sorry. Just know we do take this seriously and are trying to mend it.

In the meantime, you can certainly disable Global if you choose or even block players that have said or done things that are offensive. You can also report players if you so wish by contacting our Support Team. You can do this by selecting the gear icon in the upper left corner of the main screen within the game. From there, scroll to select 'Support'.
This discussion has been closed.