Hacker wins 4* Vulture Arena (New Player Bracket)

2»

Comments

• DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Member Posts: 224
    Forlorn wrote: »
    Just to be clear,

This wasn't about calling out this one player. This is about hackers destroying the arena.

Less than a week after hackers were banned, and Kabam's Email, I thought it would be worthwhile to drop a lot of units in the new player bracket to get Vulture - Why not.... all the hackers just got banned, and the pool is much smaller right?

I'm rightfully annoyed because I spent units (and money) and have been disadvantaged because these bans that were given out missed a lot of obvious cheaters. Raising a ticket to Kabam has not gotten some of these guys banned.

If you post someone's identity, it becomes calling them out, and it's against the rules. I understand your frustration. I feel the same way about cheating. However, there is a process that we need to go through to Report. Also, it's worth noting that investigation is an ongoing process, and they can't possibly ban every hacker in one swoop. It takes time.

oh stop trying to side with Kabam on everything. Screw the TOS because they had one job: Ban the hackers, now we have them back and a ton of accounts that were reported are still playing!! Like Kabam have a team full of people and can't hire people to check accounts and flag/ban the suspicious ones? **** man
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Member Posts: 524 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Ultron is a reward for anyone who fully explores LOL

I stand corrected, for some reason I was thinking Ultron was only given to the first 100 to fully explore LOL. I guess everyone does get him. I think I got it confused and Thanos was the special reward given to the first handful to complete both ROL and LOL.
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Member Posts: 451
    I tend to agree that it's worthwhile calling them out - support is terrible.

• IvankaIvanka Member Posts: 236
    edited July 2017
    Just to be clear,

This wasn't about calling out this one player. This is about hackers destroying the arena.

Less than a week after hackers were banned, and Kabam's Email, I thought it would be worthwhile to drop a lot of units in the new player bracket to get Vulture - Why not.... all the hackers just got banned, and the pool is much smaller right?

I'm rightfully annoyed because I spent units (and money) and have been disadvantaged because these bans that were given out missed a lot of obvious cheaters. Raising a ticket to Kabam has not gotten some of these guys banned.

If you post someone's identity, it becomes calling them out, and it's against the rules. I understand your frustration. I feel the same way about cheating. However, there is a process that we need to go through to Report. Also, it's worth noting that investigation is an ongoing process, and they can't possibly ban every hacker in one swoop. It takes time.

These guys posting who are frustrated are absolutely right to be. It doesn't take any time at all to know that this guy (and many like him) is a clearly, *obviously* a cheater. As are 60-80% of all those on the leaderboards for featured arena in Beginner Bracket. "It takes time"... yeah... 30 seconds. I can take one glance at most of these accounts and know instantly that they are cheating. Kabam has resources I don't have.. they could check their account history and see if they bought any units or not just to verify it. Done.
    I personally reported this guy and dozens of others and they did nothing about it. And they told me that they will do nothing to compensate the honest players who missed out, which is wrong. Kabam is cheating all of these people spending real money on the game. And when you report a cheater, because they force you to miss out on one featured arena champion, and then the next arena they are still there and force you to miss out again, and then the next arena (following a much talked about ban of cheaters) they are STILL there and force you to miss out again... then what? Part of the problem here is that the ongoing process is failing. It's clearly not catching everyone and something is wrong. If you just said this... people would respond by saying "oh how do you know he's a hacker? Maybe he just spent money on the game. Maybe he played very hard. blah blah blah." but anyone can take one look at that profile and know 100% it is not the profile of an honest first month player. Just not mathematically possible even if you spent a million dollars in the unit store.
    edited July 2017
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    I believe we will see another round of bans for arenas. LOL was the main one they were searching for this time. Now that this has been brought to public attention they should identify and fix. It isn't an overnight task though so it will take time.

I think they will ban more users, too. But they don't work nearly fast enough. I started playing 30 days ago. I'm out of Beginner Bracket tomorrow... so... my whole experience there has been ruined. I SHOULD be leaving beginner bracket with brand new Spider-Man Stark Enhanced, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Vulture... I paid real money and hard-earned units to get them... but I won't because the leaderboards are full of cheaters, and if anything there are more now than there were when I started. So the process of banning players is failing. and the biggest problem is Kabam won't recognize that they ought to do something to fix this for players like myself who were cheated out of rewards that they earned.

How could it not be an overnight task? I'm just one guy working alone and I can identify all the cheaters on the leaderboard in an hour. If they are really too busy to do this... hire me. I'll do it. They can pay me in featured heroes that I earned but wasn't given and I'll work from home.
  • ForlornForlorn Member Posts: 13
    I believe we will see another round of bans for arenas. LOL was the main one they were searching for this time. Now that this has been brought to public attention they should identify and fix. It isn't an overnight task though so it will take time.

I think they will ban more users, too. But they don't work nearly fast enough. I started playing 30 days ago. I'm out of Beginner Bracket tomorrow... so... my whole experience there has been ruined. I SHOULD be leaving beginner bracket with brand new Spider-Man Stark Enhanced, Spider-Man Miles Morales, and Vulture... I paid real money and hard-earned units to get them... but I won't because the leaderboards are full of cheaters, and if anything there are more now than there were when I started. So the process of banning players is failing. and the biggest problem is Kabam won't recognize that they ought to do something to fix this for players like myself who were cheated out of rewards that they earned.

How could it not be an overnight task? I'm just one guy working alone and I can identify all the cheaters on the leaderboard in an hour. If they are really too busy to do this... hire me. I'll do it. They can pay me in featured heroes that I earned but wasn't given and I'll work from home.

I understand where you are coming from completely. Personally really disappointing that cheaters are still filling the ranks in the new player bracket, and about to move onto the intermediate bracket.

As you stated, sending tickets into Kabam results in nothing but generic answers and the comments along the lines of "we cant change any results". In any other competitive environment the cheaters would be stripped of their prize, and it would be given to the next people in line. I feel gutted for the person who finished 51st! But I suspect that a lot more in the top 50 are guilty as well.

It's freed up my schedule for the next few days - i'll just do the basic, and save myself a lot of units.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Member Posts: 448 ★★★
    It's a Witch Hunt!!! I'll bring the pitchfork!!!!

I understand where you are coming from completely. Personally really disappointing that cheaters are still filling the ranks in the new player bracket, and about to move onto the intermediate bracket.

As you stated, sending tickets into Kabam results in nothing but generic answers and the comments along the lines of "we cant change any results". In any other competitive environment the cheaters would be stripped of their prize, and it would be given to the next people in line. I feel gutted for the person who finished 51st! But I suspect that a lot more in the top 50 are guilty as well.

It's freed up my schedule for the next few days - i'll just do the basic, and save myself a lot of units.

I finished 53rd for Spider-man Stark Enhanced. I knew the cutoff for the first round was 803k so I did over a million points. I would have accepted the loss as surprising but unfortunate... and would have gotten over it in a day... except I then found that the reason I lost was that there were 35 cheaters in line in front of me. That's harder to accept. And yes.. just generic form responses from Kabam. So disappointing.

After this, of course, I was not going to spend more money to play a game that was rigged. So I didn't try as hard for Miles Morales or Vulture. Finished 68th for Miles. 70th for Vulture. But... again... if the 40 cheaters ahead of me were eliminated, I would have had them, too. I spent over $100 the first couple weeks of July on this game... but... because of this and Kabam's response to it, I will never spend another penny.

Kabam, you are really dropping the ball here. Do something about this.
    Who are these jerks flagging all my posts as spam or abuse? Probably they are the cheaters who stole my rewards...
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Member Posts: 762 ★★
    yeah we have to call them out since support acts like ultron drones
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,884 ★★★★★
    Just to be clear,

I don't see hat problem in this fall out, he's clearly cheated and modded, it isn't like an AW where the fight can be done, but the loser just assumes he cheated.

This guy has the classic ultron at that rank, he stole top stop in the arena, he's a cheater bro. Shout them out when it's this obvious
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,884 ★★★★★
    I just realised I can't spell for sh!t
  • adqqedfyvradqqedfyvr Member Posts: 463
    At least you got him - i didn't