**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Blade, Featured or 2 Basics

PEKKACHUPEKKACHU Posts: 136
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
Hi guys. I'm new here. So currently I have over 20k 5* shards and I was wondering if the blade crystal is worth going for. I've heard many good things about blade and several comments on how blade is not as useful and it's better off getting a champion from the current featured crystals. For context, I recently just gotten the uncollected title and have not started uncollected in EQ, LOL, ROL or variant. I currently only have 5 5* champions and do not even have a 4* GR. I do have a 4/40 unduped Stark Spidey.

Current 5* (all unduped):
3/35 Omega Red
2/25 Medusa
2/25 Dormammu
1/15 Iron Fist
1/15 Kamala Khan

All advise is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Blade, Featured or 2 Basics 89 votes

GO FOR BLADE!!
35%
GamerLeNoirFaineantAnimejay70TheChaChaAakashRswsb34jojodeth101TerraRikuremaCatherineGoogleplexianOrcDovahkiinSoulreaverasCrimsontide1616DaileyPaulinodasilvScarlett_MCoC_fanToxicBladeTawli 32 votes
Featured is more worth
6%
Atharva111KillerRino19John757Dark DevilMrOnizukamonomugg 6 votes
Get basics and increase roster
57%
A_Noob_Is1HotCarlosadqqedfyvrStoney7572Anurag1606Foxhero007myPUNCAKETlmajrJohnyzeroSiddhantKwatraDean9300450Sixshot1JEbertSpiderCoolsHendrossTasty_Yum_Yums[Deleted User]OzFearUsYouconfusedJohnLocke117 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Go for the basics, blade is awesome but right now it sounds like you need roster diversity. If you pull a blade you’ll be over the moon. If you pull 2 duds you’ll regret it for months, only have to look at the amount of trash champs people are pulling from the romance crystals to understand how easy it is to pull trash even though it’s a 20% chance
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    You should focus on expanding your roster. I have a r5 blade, and he's powerful, but there are many other powerful champs in the basic you could use. The blade crystal isn't worth it, for you, at your stage, because you have an 80% chance to not get him, and it could even be a trash champ instead. You already have VERY powerful champions in Medusa and Omega Red that you can focus on ranking for now.
    These 15k crystals are more worth it for the people who are getting tons of five star shards, who need to focus on certain champs for their path in AW, LoL, or Variant. Your first focus at the moment should be uncollected EQ, then the full exploration of Act 5. Any number of "god tier" champions found in the basic can handle that.
    Just my opinion! Whatever you open, good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the inputs!
  • Options
    Go for dem basic crystal, i duped my hyperion and modok from the basic, also got iceman and killmonger
  • Options
    Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    I have 5 star blade duped at sig level 50 or so. I'm about to got rank 4 on him. He is a terrific champ and he belongs on just about any questing team. That being said, I would just go for the two basic 5 star pulls.

Building up your 5 star roster is key to running t4b arenas which is super helpful for strengthening your team and overall makes all arenas less of a grind. There's no guarantee with this game but for me personally, I'd prefer to get more champs than less especially when your account could use the boost.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Don't get me wrong, blade is a badass champ and extremely useful, but the god tier content slayer people always talk about is a 5/65 max (or at least high) sig blade with synergies.
    In my opinion you would need at least 30k shards, an insane amount of luck, a whole bunch of sig stones and enough resources to at least get him to rank 3. Only then would it really help you progress in the short term.

Awakening him is great but he’s a beast even unduped.
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    GO FOR BLADE!!
    Go for blade, 5 star shards are becoming more and more attainable and this will be your best shot at getting him with the 20% chance in this upcoming crystal.

Say you use 15k/30k shards for one/two crystals and don't get him, oh well you'll most likely get one/two new 5 star champs anyway to add to your roster and then you'll go on with the game and start accumulating for the next 5 star crystal. Game goes on.

If you do pull blade (again best chance to get him) then you'll have a champ that will be extremely useful and help in a lot of content that you have ahead of you (anyone that says otherwise is delusional or bitter).

Note the worst thing you can do if you go for him and don't get him is sit there afterwards regretting the decision and think you should have just went for the basics as there's always the chance you could have pulled kamala khan a few more times.

I went 0/7 on him last year when i didn't have many 5 star champs, pulled 6 new champs anyway and even though i could have opened 10 basics it has made zero difference on my progression in the game as i still accumulated 5 star shards and my roster continued growing.

Make decisions, take chances and move on with the game if it doesn't pay off.
  • Options

I've heard many people saying that he needs his regen to be sustainable
  • Options
    HerrPopopHerrPopop Posts: 185
    GO FOR BLADE!!
    Go for blade only if you're confident that you can get him..otherwise go for the basics. If you get blade in a basic.. think about that
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    GO FOR BLADE!!
    Don't get me wrong, blade is a badass champ and extremely useful, but the god tier content slayer people always talk about is a 5/65 max (or at least high) sig blade with synergies.
    In my opinion you would need at least 30k shards, an insane amount of luck, a whole bunch of sig stones and enough resources to at least get him to rank 3. Only then would it really help you progress in the short term.

i explore 5.4 with an unduped r4 Blade. Was so much easier than the alternatives.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    GO FOR BLADE!!
    Blade. No other answer is necessary. Poll could've been 1 line. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Blade. No other answer is necessary. Poll could've been 1 line. :)

Sadly some people aren't agreeing with you :|
  • Options
    @Sixshot1 I took your advice and boom got a psylocke annnnnd..... SYMBIOTE SUPREME qaecok2vyc3v.jpg
  • Options
    Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    PEKKACHU wrote: »
    @Sixshot1 I took your advice and boom got a psylocke annnnnd..... SYMBIOTE SUPREME qaecok2vyc3v.jpg

Awesome mate 👍
  • Options
    hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Catherine wrote: »
    Anyone who tells u blade isnt useful doesnt have him... go for blade

True but he's too old and boring