**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ironman (IW)

He's too hard to beat especially when you don't have corvus and other counters any tips on it?

Comments

• iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    Hyperion SP1 spam
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I used hype and CAIW for that fight.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    You could use Karnak and be prepared for a long fight
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    edited February 2019
    @hiddenblizzard

My absolute favorite IMIW counter is Void. I have a strong Corvus and I still choose Void for these fights. It's especially nice when you can use an Avengers synergy to start the fight with Fear of the Void active.

I also wrote out a brief strategy on how to attack IMIW in general here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/715865#Comment_715865
  • hiddenblizzardhiddenblizzard Posts: 506 ★★
    Hyperion SP1 spam

I have him as awaken rank 1 lol
    Shrimkins wrote: »

How is CA in that fight useful I have him rank 3 5* I can use it
    You could use Karnak and be prepared for a long fight

Yeah I can do that
    @hiddenblizzard

My absolute favorite IMIW counter is Void. I have a strong Corvus and I still choose Void for these fights. It's especially nice when you can use an Avengers synergy to start the fight with Fear of the Void active.

I also wrote out a brief strategy on how to attack IMIW in general here:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/715865#Comment_715865

Thanks buddy that was too useful but I don't have Awakened one....only as an unawakened R3 5*
  • BlackSaChiBlackSaChi Posts: 298
    Venom, that helped me...
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Shrimkins wrote: »

How is CA in that fight useful I have him rank 3 5* I can use it

His block proficiency lets you tank a lot of hits through your block. IMIW's heavy can be countered by your heavy which gives cap a huge damage buff.

Typically it just takes 1 L2 at 5 kinetic charges with a fury and he's dead.
  • HendrossHendross Posts: 938 ★★★
    +1 on baiting heavy, dex then heavy when he slides into you. multi-hit counters like hyperion work great. Same concept applies to intercepting with specials e.g Hype SP1 spam.
  • I was testing Venom, and his heavy against IMIW has true strike, so it's a plus damage. Also under 18% Venom trigger true strike permanent so autoblock should not affect you
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    Ironman infinity war is one of the easiest fights in the new challenge. Black Widow and rogue are infinitely harder. Rogue especially
    I know the the heavy counter method but it's just too much damage even while blocking
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I know the the heavy counter method but it's just too much damage even while blocking

If this is really your problem, you could focus on block proficiency champs like any Captain America or Daredevil...even Carnage.

Or you could use Regen champs like X-23, King Groot or Rogue.

If you can do the heavy counter well, IMIW can be taken down by literally any champ. Feel free to get creative and dig deep in your roster.