**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Yondu making units

Does anyone know if the whole yondu selling armor for units ability actually get you units

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    No. It's just a little creativity when making the storyline. I don't think they would actually have a Champ that generates Units. That would probably lead to chaos. Lol.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    But it would be awesome if it did....
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Mikeself9 wrote: »
    So much whining. If you thought that was real, I have some magic beans you will probably like too.

If Kabam told me that using a character would give me magic beans, which could be used to buy things, then yeah, I'd believe them. I wouldn't have believed it if Kabam hadn't put it in his attack description. But they did. We can't be blamed for believing the company on how something works.
  • spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    When has anything in this game worked the way it's supposed to?
    edited May 2017
    spumington wrote: »
    When has anything in this game worked the way it's supposed to?

That can't be Kabam's excuse. "Our stuff doesn't work, so don't believe what we say." That's stupid. Also, a majority of things work how they're supposed to. Crystals give you things. The fight button starts fights. Characters work as intended with very few exceptions. Are we really going to turn this into what things work and don't work to justify this?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    At this point, you're continuing to complain just so you don't look silly. It was a joke that 99% of players didn't take seriously. If you did take it seriously, your response should have been "oh" instead of "don't joke ever".

Lighten up. Kabam adding a character that farms units? Lol...
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    You guys who keep saying stuff like, "It's just a joke, why are you whining?" just don't get it.

A joke is fine when it's light-hearted and made in good fun.

The reason people like me are so upset by this is because I have been following the forums every single day ever since around February 20th back before the whole 12.0 fiasco looking for some useful information about all of the changes. I've read all the hate from the players and all the condescending remarks from the Kabam Staff and just the horribly written responses from everyone in general, but Kabam Miike in particular. I'm not trying to single Miike out, but seriously Miike, your writing skills are dismal. Half of what you write is confusing and so poorly worded. Look at how everyone could confused about Rocket's pushing the button thing. You really need to take some time and have someone else read what you write so that there is absolutely no room for misinterpretation. Even the recent information you put out about the 5* crystals is STILL confusing. I'm talking about the question revolving around the sub-pool for the Dormammu crystal. In that response, the BEST way you could have responded that would have left absolutely no room for misinterpretation would have been something like this:

From June 1st - June 7th, the 5* Featured Crystal will have the following possibilities:
    1. a chance to pull a 5* Dormammu as the featured hero
    2. one of the basic heroes (to include all of the newly added basic heroes added on May 30th)
    3. during this time there is no chance to pull a hero from any subpool

From June 8th - June Xth, the 5* Featured Crystal will have the following possibilities:
    1. a chance to pull a 5* X (whoever the featured hero is at this time)
    2. a chance to pull one of the subpool heroes (whoever they are at this time)
    3. or a chance to pull on of the basic heroes (who will include whoever they are at this time)

I'm not trying to be critical of Miike only, but since he's the one who wrote those misleading responses I'm singling him out here as an example of how poorly written some of the "information" that Kabam puts out is confusing.

Adding the frustration of everything that has happened over the course of the last several months and then seeing stuff like certain people's posts getting deleted, censored, and then all the condescending remarks on top of it, the ABSOLUTE LAST THING IN THE WORLD anybody wants to read from Kabam is a JOKE! Especially one about earning valuable items like units.

It's not funny, it's not cool, it's just mean. People will take it literally. It's NOT COOL to make fun of your community and that's what this Yondu joke about earning units does because there will be AT LEAST ONE PERSON out there who BELIEVES IT.

No matter how rude, inconsiderate, and double-standard your community is, Kabam should ALWAYS be the better person. The more PROFESSIONAL. The customers are allowed to be arrogant. But Kabam should NEVER be arrogant to its customers. That's just Business 101.

So yes, I take great offense to this joke. PLEASE no more jokes Kabam. The ONLY thing any of us want to see is useful, accurate information. If you insist on having jokes, then I ask that you at least include a caveat of "just kidding" or some other indicator so that nobody does accidentally get confused. Given your track record of late, I can't believe you haven't figured this out yet.

On a final note, this is DEFINITELY something that should be corrected and included in the Patch Notes as a "Text Issue".
    Honestly, I'm fine with jokes as long as they are kept outside of the game-play. The reason this was a problem is because it's literally listed under his Attacks Description, which is the last place you'd expect a joke, especially when it's not even relatively funny to anyone. Make jokes in the Champion Spotlight or Bio or In-game Messages, but not in description of how the character works. Until now, everything in the description of game-play was not a joke, and was always taken seriously. Kabam can't put a joke in a place where jokes don't belong, then expect us to get what they mean.
    I appreciate the jokes. Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously. It's a free-to-play mobile game. Relax.

If the game puts something in the description of how a character works, people are bound to take it seriously. We can't be blamed for believing what the company says.
    edited May 2017
    Couple points.
    If you've noticed, they have a creative description with just about every Ability. That's part of creating an appealing storyline. It makes it interesting. When you're presenting a Champ, you want to do it in a way that is exciting, rather than just bare-bones. That's why they have a Spotlight, not a Data Sheet. It's not misleading, and it's not intended to confuse people. It's there to make it fun.
    Secondly, they wouldn't offer a Champ that produces Units. That's common sense. Units can be earned, or purchased. Having a Champ that gives Units would create a whole series of imbalances. Not to mention defeat the purpose of Grinding for them and purchasing them.
    It's a reference to Yondu's role. He's a Space Pirate. Pirates generally steal things to make a profit.
    Couple points.
    If you've noticed, they have a creative description with just about every Ability. That's part of creating an appealing storyline. It makes it interesting. When you're presenting a Champ, you want to do it in a way that is exciting, rather than just bare-bones. That's why they have a Spotlight, not a Data Sheet. It's not misleading, and it's not intended to confuse people. It's there to make it fun.
    Secondly, they wouldn't offer a Champ that produces Units. That's common sense. Units can be earned, or purchased. Having a Champ that gives Units would create a whole series of imbalances. Not to mention defeat the purpose of Grinding for them and purchasing them.
    It's a reference to Yondu's role. He's a Space Pirate. Pirates generally steal things to make a profit.

They are creative. They say things like "his enhanced immune system allow him to resist poison". This shows that he is immune to poison. But the Units thing was seemingly introducing a whole different concept, which enhanced the storyline but also made something untrue seem true. I understand that gaining Units from a certain character may unbalance things, but I along with many other assumed that Kabam would find a way to make it work. Kabam just needs to work on the wording and they'll be fine.
    Couple points.

They are creative. They say things like "his enhanced immune system allow him to resist poison". This shows that he is immune to poison. But the Units thing was seemingly introducing a whole different concept, which enhanced the storyline but also made something untrue seem true. I understand that gaining Units from a certain character may unbalance things, but I along with many other assumed that Kabam would find a way to make it work. Kabam just needs to work on the wording and they'll be fine.

It's not that misleading. It was a playful reference. If it was factual, it would say: "Converts X amount of Armor into Y amount of Units.". Pretty sure most people realize a Champ won't produce Units.
    Honestly, I'm fine with jokes as long as they are kept outside of the game-play. The reason this was a problem is because it's literally listed under his Attacks Description, which is the last place you'd expect a joke, especially when it's not even relatively funny to anyone. Make jokes in the Champion Spotlight or Bio or In-game Messages, but not in description of how the character works. Until now, everything in the description of game-play was not a joke, and was always taken seriously. Kabam can't put a joke in a place where jokes don't belong, then expect us to get what they mean.

EXACTLY. I couldn't agree more.
    edited May 2017
    I appreciate the jokes. Some of you guys need to lighten up and stop taking things so seriously. It's a free-to-play mobile game. Relax.

If the game puts something in the description of how a character works, people are bound to take it seriously. We can't be blamed for believing what the company says.

Even if there is just ONE stupid person out there who believes it (and there are a lot of stupid people out there), then it's NOT funny.

Even if something is common sense, there will be at least one person out there with zero common sense.
    Couple points.

It's not that misleading. It was a playful reference. If it was factual, it would say: "Converts X amount of Armor into Y amount of Units.". Pretty sure most people realize a Champ won't produce Units.

Kabam said he produced units. I apologise for believing a character description. I should've known better than to believe something that has been credible since the game's release.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Are people really mad at this like seriously guys between this and the button i wonder about people in this community
This discussion has been closed.