**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Tips to play SENTINEL in UC monthly quest

Hi everybody,

Any tips out there to deal with the stun-immune Sentinel in Havoc monthly event quest (Uncollected)? I thought my maxed out 4* Medusa could do it, but as soon as I shattered his armor he went very defensive and then I got wrecked on a mistimed intercept.

I need to practice intercepting better, but other than that, any specific champs, or techniques that you found particularly effective?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Hyperion. Intercept with sp1 and just spam it
  • Options
    yoyosharkyoyoshark Posts: 33
    Thanks @UmbertoDelRio and @TheSquish671, I have both Corvus and Hyperion, so I will try those!
  • Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★
    I took most of his damage with 4* Medusa and finished him off with 5* Venom or CAIW.
    I'm not skilled at intercepting, so I usually block till he throws his heavy, then do the damage. Watch Dorky Lessons on youtube to bait out his attacks when armour shattered - i.e. hold block to bait his heavy.
  • Options
    Morningstar
  • Options
    Ezra7676Ezra7676 Posts: 670 ★★
    edited February 2019
    I used mostly Hype as well. I caught him with the s2 a couple times. The good part is he's pretty big and slow so not the hardest to intercept. In AQ I I just blockbait his heavy with blade all day.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    There are 3 main mechanics to focus on for this fight:

1) Need to get rid of his armor buff. He is already a tanky champ, the armor buff makes any fight with a normal attacker insanely long (100+ hits from a 6* Angela and he still wasn't dead)

2) Intercept is key. Obviously with him being stun-immune, you need to focus on getting opportunities to hit him. Baiting heavy attacks will often lead to a ton of block damage and quickly builds his charges.

3) Power management. His SP1 is easy to evade and with practice so is his SP2. I don't fully know his abilities, but he doesn't use the full bar(s) of power when he uses a special, so be prepared to do a lot of evading.

The best answer to all 3 of the above is Medusa, but as noted above using a 4* version is still a tricky fight. It can be harder to get the armor shatter done with her SP1 while he is stun immune.

Corvus can be a good option with his parry-based armor break, but it still does require taking block damage. Additionally, you lose charges long before the fight is over which makes for a really long fight as well.

Yondu is another option. He armor breaks against champs that are bleed immune, and also has the ability to steal armor buffs which helps absorb some of the block damage.

Other options that I've seen useful:
    Vision & Magik (power control)
    Hype (simply overpower Sentinel)