**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So... Venom The Duck... Pointers?

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
edited February 2019 in General Discussion
So I decided to go for a Blade Crystal and...
7oxe0w2am2mv.png
No very fond of him and never bothered to learn much about him, besides hearing occasional things like he's really only a Questing Champion, so can anyone help me out a little and explain the basics of him. Really been needing a 5 Star with Good Utility and reading over his Abilities I didn't see too much, also I have all his Synergies besides 2 (Blade and Symbiote Supreme). Thank in advance

Comments

• Options
    The_One wrote: »
    He's awesome but difficult to explain.
    Best bet is check out YouTube

He's just complicated or has a lot to go over?
  • Options
    Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★

it's challenging to think of what to say. best to just check youtube.
  • Options

it's challenging to think of what to say. best to just check youtube.

Ok, thanks
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh you don't have to rebuild his RNA Bank everytime... I immediately see what some of you are saying now...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    fpr9x692t33j.png
    (O_O ) ...excuse me for a moment while I go eat my own words. (Still think he stole Anti-Venom's spot though)
  • Options
    The_Boss9The_Boss9 Posts: 1,390 ★★★
    He's a super fun quester, and yeah is RNA bank is permenent
  • Options
    Arbiter2426Arbiter2426 Posts: 346
    He is super fun to use but really complicated to explain it's better off to read his abilities and figure it out yourself
  • Options
    Timone147 wrote: »
    You need to figure out which buff builds you like

Basic explanation

He generates random buffs over time. He can generate regen, fury, crit, power gain increase, armor, pb buffs.

When he has a buff up you can store it with heavy or sp1/sp2. You can store 3 buffs per fight. Amount of duplicate buffs decreases potency of that buff.

Stored buffs in RNA trigger at start of fight and on sp3. You can store 10 total.

Sp1 increase siphons to trigger next buff faster.

SP2 trigger toxic armor buffs on opponent which increase damage based off opponents armor for you. Can do a lot of damage this way by stacking toxic armors. Also very effective on heavy armor champs/nodes.

SP3 triggers all buffs in RNA bank.

Personally preference is to have 3 regen, 3 fury, 2 or 3 power gain and 1 or 2 crit. Sometimes more of one depending on matchups on the map.

First fight you have to be patient for the right buffs. If you get the right buffs in the first fight you can just store them at the start of the next fight.

Figured most of it out now, thanks for the help! Though not sure what's so difficult about explaining his Abilities...
  • Options

Basic explanation

He generates random buffs over time. He can generate regen, fury, crit, power gain increase, armor, pb buffs.

When he has a buff up you can store it with heavy or sp1/sp2. You can store 3 buffs per fight. Amount of duplicate buffs decreases potency of that buff.

Stored buffs in RNA trigger at start of fight and on sp3. You can store 10 total.

SP2 trigger toxic armor buffs on opponent which increase damage based off opponents armor for you. Can do a lot of damage this way by stacking toxic armors. Also very effective on heavy armor champs/nodes.

Personally preference is to have 3 regen, 3 fury, 2 or 3 power gain and 1 or 2 crit. Sometimes more of one depending on matchups on the map.

First fight you have to be patient for the right buffs. If you get the right buffs in the first fight you can just store them at the start of the next fight.

Oh also, do you use any of the Solo Synergies or have any suggestions? I have Venom maxed already and use him a lot so he'll always be apart of the team with him on it, and the Defensive Buff Set and Offensive Buff Set Synergies seem to really scue it in one direction make it really hard to get the other's Buff.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★

Basic explanation

Oh also, do you use any of the Solo Synergies or have any suggestions? I have Venom maxed already and use him a lot so he'll always be apart of the team with him on it, and the Defensive Buff Set and Offensive Buff Set Synergies seem to really scue it in one direction make it really hard to get the other's Buff.

I’ve played around a little with them. Mostly though I haven’t found them needed for how ive used him as I rely on my buff combos and am just very patient the first fight or two.

I ran my r1 5* Howard with him in AQ and the damage output increase seemed solid though. Literally with the regen was able to do every fight on my paths with only him including 2 GG minis and ended at 100% health. I also have an r5 domino that I’ve been running with him in play testing in AQ and ROL.

I’ve played with some of the buff increase chances and have mixed effects. I’ve seen it proc to much and other time not proc at all.

Venom though I haven’t tested but could see that and the Howard synergy being most useful. Domino seems solid too because of his sp2.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    I am very reserved on ranking champs and took him to r4 very quickly because of he is a tank, can regen a lot on command, and can do tons of damage used right. Also the degen on bleed immune champs is really cool too
  • Options
    I've had a lot of fun with him but haven't had the chance to rank him up too much yet. Symbiote Supreme's synergies can be a blast if you can get them on your team together. He increases the duration of all Bleed Effects for Symbiotes when he is on a team with them, so that would be a nice boost to your Venom, Venom the Duck, and himself.
  • Options
    I've had a lot of fun with him but haven't had the chance to rank him up too much yet. Symbiote Supreme's synergies can be a blast if you can get them on your team together. He increases the duration of all Bleed Effects for Symbiotes when he is on a team with them, so that would be a nice boost to your Venom, Venom the Duck, and himself.

I'd die to get Symbiote Supreme even as a 4 Star but I've had no luck as of yet...
  • Options
    Jesus that HP Stat! And this is only R3!
    Though I'm bummed he's just 15 PI Points off being on my Top 4...
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Another successful convert to VTD. Mission accomplished.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Just search on YouTube Jaded Fusion for my videos. Or cowhale does an actually good job describing and play style with him.

https://youtu.be/hADmIojhcPo
  • Options
    AhitlawAhitlaw Posts: 2,123 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Just search on YouTube Jaded Fusion for my videos. Or cowhale does an actually good job describing and play style with him.

https://youtu.be/hADmIojhcPo

Haha that was me poppin up at the end! I swear u get my hyped putting that dang Eminem song on ur vids!! Venom the duck is insane OP be very happy with that pull.
  • Options
    CharlieMurphyKCCharlieMurphyKC Posts: 91
    How does the Domino synergy affect VtD? +35% ability accuracy only during specials? I'm not sure how that helps.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

How does the Domino synergy affect VtD? +35% ability accuracy only during specials? I'm not sure how that helps.

Basically it increases the odds he places the poisoned armor buff on his special 2.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

It gives vtd 100% chance to place toxic armor
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

Also it raises siphon to 100% chance. I say it’s worth taking in domino since she’s already a solid champion, and it makes VTD a bit more reliable (even if he already is without the synergies). There’s might be some interaction with AAR too, but I’m not sure how useful that is.
  • Options

If I remember correctly, it also effects his Bleed/Degen Chance for Crits activated during Specials. I think it goes up to a 90% Chance, that is if Diminishing Returns doesn't effect the increases...
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    When you hit 100 in the aberration, you gain a buff. Use a SP1, 2, or a heavy to lock it in the RNA back. You can only gain 3 each fight. You can get a max of 10 each quest. You can duplicate the buffs in your RNA bank when a new fight starts. You apply bleed and degen but it’s random. I don’t know how it gets put on but it does get applied to the enemy.
  • Options

When you hit 100 in the aberration, you gain a buff. Use a SP1, 2, or a heavy to lock it in the RNA back. You can only gain 3 each fight. You can get a max of 10 each quest. You can duplicate the buffs in your RNA bank when a new fight starts. You apply bleed and degen but it’s random. I don’t know how it gets put on but it does get applied to the enemy.

Thanks, but you're about 2 months late... xD
  • Options

Also the Bleed/Degen is a 55% Chance to apply on Crits.