**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How is dormammu in his current state

Just a quick question because I love using him he is so fun just wanna know if he is still good in aw defense and stuff

Comments

• Options
    ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    He's ok, but not great.
  • Options
    NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    i was assigned path 9 in AW and he rocks on that path against spite. double immune, power drain, power lock, and he degenerates opponents. he may not be very top tier, but he's a very useful champ.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    One of my favourites. I use him for path 1 in tier 4. Perfect for that path. Poison node, power gain, enhanced bleed, bane and a power gain mini. I took mine to 5/65 because I would occasionally time out on the mini if it was killmonger. I don’t have that problem now and it’s great. As an attacker he’s extremely useful. Still a pretty good defender at a high enough rank. Highly underrated champ in my opinion, below is a full break down of his abilities that I have saved from when someone asked me about him a little while ago.

Dormammu:
    A very useful utility champ, great for your own use as well as defence should you dupe him. His power control is one of the strongest in the game, arguably the best in some ways but a few champions can claim that title depending on preference.

His medium combo ender does not generate power for the opponent. Instead, it drains power and gives you 30 dark energy. When you gain dark energy, a placed soul bond is charged by an equal amount, so that will gain 30 too. Both of these need to reach 100 for their full potential. To master dorm, you need to get good at becoming imbued as it makes each of his specials more powerful.

You can place a soul bond by using heavy attack. This is passive and will deal direct damage when you detonate it. Charge it to 100 for maximum damage.

Sp1: With mystic dispersion this can be a very useful attack. If you are not imbued, you can nullify one buff from the opponent and gain 50 dark energy/charge your soul bond by 50. If you are imbued, you can nullify EVERY buff the opponent has. If it’s 2 or more, you will instantly be imbued, have a fully charged soul bond immediately after and potentially have a sp3 ready or sp2 from mystic dispersion. Ideal for medusa who needs fury to autoblock, champs like venom, Groot etc. If it’s a buff, he’ll remove it regardless of how many there are.

Sp2: combined with your medium attack power drain this special can completely shut down your opponent’s power. If you are not imbued you will place a guaranteed power lock without draining power (you can however, chain into this attack from your medium for a small drain before the lock).

If you are imbued, each of your projectiles (3 total) will drain 20% of your opponent’s power bar for a 60% reduction. The best way to use this is to chain from a medium attack. You will get the imbued effects of your medium (direct damage as well as power drain) AND still get the power drain from your sp2. You should be imbued immediately after and have a fully charged soul bond if you’d placed one before using it.

Sp3: if you are not imbued you will gain a dimensional link giving you a constant flow of dark energy. Essentially you’ll be imbued almost all of the time and your soul bond will just automatically charge with it.

If imbued you get an empowered dimensional link. Exactly the same as the above, but this will allow you to regenerate 25% of the damage done by a soul bond detonation instantly. So fully charge your soul bond, use an imbued sp3, then detonate the bond with a heavy attack to heal and deal a big chunk of damage. If done correctly, you can place another bond, charge it and heal again before the duration expires.

One last thing with dark energy/soul bonds. Each of these will charge when the opponent uses a special attack. If they lose power for any reason, both of them will increase.

All of dormammu’s attacks are energy. This makes him a perfect counter to korg but weak against ultron. All of the above can be done without his signature, that just allows him to apply passive degeneration when the opponent loses buffs.

Perfect counter to all of the following and many more:
    Hyperion
    Magik
    Korg
    Medusa
    Mordo
    Anything where power gain is a problem, spite, all or nothing, kinetic reactor, power gain etc.
  • Options
    Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Offense he has his uses still.

As a defender he doesn’t do it anymore. Place an r4 on D and I can’t seem to find a spot where he gets any kills anymore.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Dormammu is a decent champion. He's not god tier but no thrash either. If he is your first 5*, you don't need to cry. He's the Angela of the mystic class, only his sig is pretty sick.