**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW entrance energy

Maybe a noob question, but why does entering aw cost 2 energy? And not just for the first person who joins. Is there any justification for this, or is it just part of the buggy code this game seems to have in abundance?

Comments

• Yelin547Yelin547 Posts: 238
    AQ and AW both start with 3 energy...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Yelin547 wrote: »
    AQ and AW both start with 3 energy...

Correct.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,759 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    OP asked why lose 2, "cost 2 energy". I also wish to understand the rationale.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    edited May 2017
    I've never understood it either. We should start with full energy and it should only cost 1 energy per path segment.

After all, we don't start regular quests with less than full energy, so why start AQ/AW with less than full energy?

And while we're on the subject of AQ/AW energy, are there any plans at this time or within the next 90 days to incorporate "Alliance Energy Packs" that are basically the same thing as the "Regular Energy Packs" that we can purchase in the store?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    I've never understood it either. We should start with full energy and it should only cost 1 energy per path segment.

After all, we don't start regular quests with less than full energy, so why start AQ/AW with less than full energy?

Because then everyone would be obligated to enter AQ/AW as soon as it starts to get the energy timer going again. I like the current less-demanding approach where you have a 2-hour buffer (for AQ) to get on without suffering a penalty. Plus there are people who are sleeping at start of AQ.
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175
    You don't lose 2 energy when you enter AW or AQ, you just start with 3 energy. If you wait a couple hours to join then when you enter you have your full 5 energy. Like Hulksmasshh says it gives everyone a time buffer to join without a penalty for not joining immediately.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    BigMo wrote: »
    You don't lose 2 energy when you enter AW or AQ, you just start with 3 energy. If you wait a couple hours to join then when you enter you have your full 5 energy. Like Hulksmasshh says it gives everyone a time buffer to join without a penalty for not joining immediately.

But once those 2 hours are up, look out!

You'll have alliance members complaining about you not joining...oh wait thats only with 30 minute timers and why they're no good...
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★

I'm not sure what you mean. You do lose 2 energy. So intead of a penalty for joining late, you get a penalty for joining when it starts or 'early' right?

People joining 'late' or later, wouldn't and don't lose anything.
    I don't believe it's a penalty or an entrance fee. I think it has more to do with organization and strategy than anything. When one person opens an AQ, there is only so far they can go until others come in and remove Nodes. The entire Map, combined with Energy and the duration, is designed for teamwork. Now, I'm sure people can solo a Champ with Nodes attached. It's just the basic design of it. It's geared towards people working together.
    I don't believe it's a penalty or an entrance fee. I think it has more to do with organization and strategy than anything. When one person opens an AQ, there is only so far they can go until others come in and remove Nodes. The entire Map, combined with Energy and the duration, is designed for teamwork. Now, I'm sure people can solo a Champ with Nodes attached. It's just the basic design of it. It's geared towards people working together.

I still don't get it. The first folks come in and take out a node. Cool, the next people can now move up.

The next people come in and take their nodes. Well now we have to wait for mister or missus 3 energy starter for an hour or two for the next nodes.

It's just weird and doesn't make sense. And nothing anyone has said in here explains or justifies it.
    smdam38 wrote: »

I still don't get it. The first folks come in and take out a node. Cool, the next people can now move up.

The next people come in and take their nodes. Well now we have to wait for mister or missus 3 energy starter for an hour or two for the next nodes.

It's just weird and doesn't make sense. And nothing anyone has said in here explains or justifies it.

That's usually how it works regardless. People need to wait for others. Not eveyone will be on all at once.
    It has more to do with the overall design than anything. You may be waiting for the first person to gain Energy, but you moved farther because their Energy cleared a path.

That's usually how it works regardless. People need to wait for others. Not eveyone will be on all at once.
    It has more to do with the overall design than anything. You may be waiting for the first person to gain Energy, but you moved farther because their Energy cleared a path.

The person that starts with 5 energy can move further because little 3 energy boy back there moved through a spot they would have had to spend energy on.

They start with more energy they don't have to use had 3 energy boy not moved through said spot and spent his precious little 3 energy on it.

I just don't see how you don't get that.
    edited May 2017

The person that starts with 5 energy can move further because little 3 energy boy back there moved through a spot they would have had to spend energy on.

They start with more energy they don't have to use had 3 energy boy not moved through said spot and spent his precious little 3 energy on it.

I just don't see how you don't get that.

The entire design is for a purpose. It takes strategy, cooperation, and time. It's not just about finishing the Map as fast as possible. The point I'm trying to make is it has nothing to do with punishing people, or having an entrance fee. It's designed that way for a reason. Really not interested in arguing over it. I stated my view.
  • BigMoBigMo Posts: 175

I'm not sure what you mean. You do lose 2 energy. So intead of a penalty for joining late, you get a penalty for joining when it starts or 'early' right?

Next time you start a AQ look at how much energy it says you have before you join. It shows you only have 3 energy before you join your battle group and then after you join you still have 3 energy. So that is why I say you don't lose 2 energy when you join because it is never there at the beginning. Anyways, yes I agree it is slightly annoying we only start with 3 energy.
  • DocSavageDocSavage Posts: 6

Next time you start a AQ look at how much energy it says you have before you join. It shows you only have 3 energy before you join your battle group and then after you join you still have 3 energy. So that is why I say you don't lose 2 energy when you join because it is never there at the beginning. Anyways, yes I agree it is slightly annoying we only start with 3 energy.

I guess i haven't looked at my energy timer right before i go in, since it is usually full since finishing the last one. So, if it's full, but then only shows 3 right before I join, then where did the other 2 go? Still seems like a penalty for being prompt.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The mods have stated it is basically a 2 hour (for AQ) buffer for people to join without there being an energy penalty. Every person starts with 3 energy and the energy starts to build for everyone immediately. All of your ally could join 2 hours after you open the map and you will have 5 energy for everyone.

If we started with 5, there would be inter-alliance pressure to be there right when it opens to get the most energy available.
  • DocSavageDocSavage Posts: 6
    Thanks for the explanation. Still seems like bs, but at least i see the logic behind it.
  • FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    I ALWAYS start AQ as soon as it starts. I just don't see the point in not getting all your energy to begin with. The logic about people being "pressured" to start as soon as it starts seems highly artificial to me.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,759 ★★★★★
    If it is possible to figure out this accurately, perhaps, just perhaps, it could provide a glimpse on the rationale of many other game decisions in place.