Who do you think has the best Character Design?

Dom_14Dom_14 Member Posts: 26
I think the best looking design is Hulk (Ragnarok), the best block design has to go to Korg, and best animation is Sparky. What about you guys?

Comments

• FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Member Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    edited February 2019
    I personally enjoy medusa and emma frost. And imiw is fun too
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Member Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    Animations ghost design aegon
  • DankestChefDankestChef Member Posts: 420 ★★★
    I really think they nailed King Groots design, not gonna lie
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Member Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Gwenpool.

Absolutely love her quirky, clumsy specials.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Member Posts: 775 ★★★
    I think spidergwen has the most fluid animations. Best looking character would go to Ægon, imo.
  • KennadoKennado Member Posts: 992 ★★★
    Best looking is Sym Supreme in my book. His still combat photos are gorgeous. Kudos to the devs.
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Maestro:
    This guy is absolutely loaded with everything! He's a wrinkly old Hulk with a beard, he has Cap's shield, Gamora and Magik's swords, his own Hulk-sized Iron man Armor, and Ronan's hammer. The design is so over-the-top that I love it. I love the amount of detail in the desing, as you can see the patterns that the armor makes, along with seeing where the weapons are stored to having the Maestro's necklace. Very creative villain design Kabam.

Punisher 2099:
    I like how this design combines the futurisitc technology to the Punisher's base design, amplifying the Punisher's menacing nature. A nice touch that I appreciate is how his guns actually make up the Punisher Logo. Little nice touches in designs is alway something I appreciate.

Venom:
    The game really captures all of the terrifying elements that made Venom such a ferocious enemy in the comics. He's absoultely massive, he has his razor sharp talons, his piercing teeth all in place, and that tounge. Oh, how that managed to implement his tounge. An absolute perfect adaptation if my favorite Marvel villain if you ask me.

Crossbones:
    I don't know why, but I really like Crossbones design in the game and MCU. The gauntlets look pretty creative, and I like how messed up and rushed the costume looks. You can tell he spent 5 minutes painting the mask and the X on his chest. Like the nice little gun straps he has on only one arm and I really think the design makes him look like an intimidating mercenary. Idk, it's probably because I've played with him for so long that I'm attached to him.

Morningstar:
    I'm a sucker for monsters and stuff, and Morningstar's design looks downright twisted, in some sense. She has no facial expression besides the face she is given. You can tell by the conflicted red and black color scheme that she's trapped. Her soul is literally the only thing keeping her together, as she's basically a torture chamber given a soul and form. I also like the extra layer of creepiness on her exposed soul when the "face" comes off.

Sentinel (Mark-ISO):
    Again, another great adaptation straight from the comics. The Sentinel may be smaller than usual, but it's still massive when compared to most champs. It has the most of the design elements of the classic Sentinels, with a few added elements, such as the swirling Iso-8 in the middle of it's chest. Again, nice little details to the champions.

Well that's a short list; there are still other Champion designs that I really like in this game. However. I would like to mention something different. @Dom_14 , do you mind if I make a list of least favorite designs? I don't want to sabotage the thread.
  • Dom_14Dom_14 Member Posts: 26
    Maestro:
    This guy is absolutely loaded with everything! He's a wrinkly old Hulk with a beard, he has Cap's shield, Gamora and Magik's swords, his own Hulk-sized Iron man Armor, and Ronan's hammer. The design is so over-the-top that I love it. I love the amount of detail in the desing, as you can see the patterns that the armor makes, along with seeing where the weapons are stored to having the Maestro's necklace. Very creative villain design Kabam.

Punisher 2099:
    I like how this design combines the futurisitc technology to the Punisher's base design, amplifying the Punisher's menacing nature. A nice touch that I appreciate is how his guns actually make up the Punisher Logo. Little nice touches in designs is alway something I appreciate.

Venom:
    The game really captures all of the terrifying elements that made Venom such a ferocious enemy in the comics. He's absoultely massive, he has his razor sharp talons, his piercing teeth all in place, and that tounge. Oh, how that managed to implement his tounge. An absolute perfect adaptation if my favorite Marvel villain if you ask me.

Crossbones:
    I don't know why, but I really like Crossbones design in the game and MCU. The gauntlets look pretty creative, and I like how messed up and rushed the costume looks. You can tell he spent 5 minutes painting the mask and the X on his chest. Like the nice little gun straps he has on only one arm and I really think the design makes him look like an intimidating mercenary. Idk, it's probably because I've played with him for so long that I'm attached to him.

Morningstar:
    I'm a sucker for monsters and stuff, and Morningstar's design looks downright twisted, in some sense. She has no facial expression besides the face she is given. You can tell by the conflicted red and black color scheme that she's trapped. Her soul is literally the only thing keeping her together, as she's basically a torture chamber given a soul and form. I also like the extra layer of creepiness on her exposed soul when the "face" comes off.

Sentinel (Mark-ISO):
    Again, another great adaptation straight from the comics. The Sentinel may be smaller than usual, but it's still massive when compared to most champs. It has the most of the design elements of the classic Sentinels, with a few added elements, such as the swirling Iso-8 in the middle of it's chest. Again, nice little details to the champions.

Well that's a short list; there are still other Champion designs that I really like in this game. However. I would like to mention something different. @Dom_14 , do you mind if I make a list of least favorite designs? I don't want to sabotage the thread.

Sure go ahead! :) I love the effort u put into this response btw!
  • 1_ShuNeu_11_ShuNeu_1 Member Posts: 375 ★★★
    One i think looks solid is Green Goblin in his pre fight stance.

The worst imo is carnage. He has a horrid design
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Member Posts: 441
    CIVIL WARRIOR has good outlook.

Thor, Hulk Ragnarok, Kingpin, Emma, Hyperion...Mister Sinister,
  • SDPSDP Member Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Ghostrider is one of the overall most perfectly designed champs in the game. Or do you mean animations specifically?
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Member Posts: 441
    btw, Mordo looks like no design at all.
    Ghostrider is one of the overall most perfectly designed champs in the game. Or do you mean animations specifically?

@KinkyWizard1 you could say one for design and one for animation :) I think Ghostrider looks great too!
  • OrcDovahkiinOrcDovahkiin Member Posts: 323
    edited February 2019
    NightHawks animations are very cool and Massacre as well with design
  • Dead1Dead1 Member Posts: 226
    I like sentry animations
  • Yellow8FellowYellow8Fellow Member Posts: 186 ★★
    Worst Champion Designs:

Dormmamu:
    I get the intention for this design, really, I do. They wanted to combine some of his iconic designs, his body from Dark Reign and his classic colors and crown, but there are some things that shouldn't be combined. This is an example. The design just doesn't look like Dormmamu, rather a colorful Mindless One with a fiery head. The color scheme is a mess, as it combines brown, black, bright purple, and orange, making it look like a rotten rainbow. The rocky body look like he's made of broken up materials, but it's not as stylish or unique like Morningstar. Morningstar looks like she's trying to keep her body together. Dormmamu just looks like he was sculpted wrong. And the design reminds me a lot of Dark Kahn, which is not a good thing as Dark Kahn looks like a fiery turd. I just wish they could've used a normal design instead of being experimental.

M.A.L:
    Loki in this game, looks like he's going through a life crisis. His horns are tiny, his spectre is... weird, and his clothes look like something out of a fresher Karnak's wardrobe. To put it straight, Loki just doesn't look like Loki, rather his outfit looks more like Kid-Loki's with a tint of Karnak. So I'll just call him Middle-Aged-Loki (a spoof of the name Kid-Loki, if it wasn't clear), or M.A.L. for short. His spectre looks goofy and not very Loki-esque (Loki is a perfectionist, and would usually choose a spectre that isn't as nonsensical as that). Like I said his clothes look like a fresher version of Karnak's, with the fingerless gloves and the jacket looking like a cheap MCU version; it's not something a God would wear. And I don't usually judge designs based in facial hair, but I hate M.A.L''s faint beard, idk, it doesn't fit him.

OG Daredevil:
    This is just one of those designs that makes me go "meh". It just seems bland as he's just one color; no unique color scheme behind him. The color looks flawed, looking a bit pinkish red than red, so he looks like an uncooked sasuge at times. I've always preferred Daredevil with a tint of Dark Red on him. Other than that, it looks accurate to the older comics.

Doc Ock:
    Why must they do this to one of the most iconic Spidey villains? Doc Ock just looks, for lack of a better word, uninspired. Giving him a generic lab suit was not a good idea, as the white makes the design look empty and the control harness in the front stands out a lot, unlike previous designs where it's usually hidden or it just blends in well. The tentacles are even more of a disappointment as they are both small and thin nullifing whatever powerful presence they used to have. The tentacles look more like wires that are wrapped in grey Styrofoam. The tentacles do have great animations, but I feel like it would've been a lot better if the tentacles actually looked intimadating.
  • gerenda724gerenda724 Member Posts: 3

Worst Champion Designs:

Dormmamu:

I get the intention for this design, really, I do. They wanted to combine some of his iconic designs, his body from Dark Reign and his classic colors and crown, but there are some things that shouldn't be combined. This is an example. The design just doesn't look like Dormmamu, rather a colorful Mindless One with a fiery head. The color scheme is a mess, as it combines brown, black, bright purple, and orange, making it look like a rotten rainbow. The rocky body look like he's made of broken up materials, but it's not as stylish or unique like Morningstar. Morningstar looks like she's trying to keep her body together. Dormmamu just looks like he was sculpted wrong. And the design reminds me a lot of Dark Kahn, which is not a good thing as Dark Kahn looks like a fiery turd. I just wish they could've used a normal design instead of being experimental.

M.A.L:

Loki in this game, looks like he's going through a life crisis. His horns are tiny, his spectre is... weird, and his clothes look like something out of a fresher Karnak's wardrobe. To put it straight, Loki just doesn't look like Loki, rather his outfit looks more like Kid-Loki's with a tint of Karnak. So I'll just call him Middle-Aged-Loki (a spoof of the name Kid-Loki, if it wasn't clear), or M.A.L. for short. His spectre looks goofy and not very Loki-esque (Loki is a perfectionist, and would usually choose a spectre that isn't as nonsensical as that). Like I said his clothes look like a fresher version of Karnak's, with the fingerless gloves and the jacket looking like a cheap MCU version; it's not something a God would wear. And I don't usually judge designs based in facial hair, but I hate M.A.L''s faint beard, idk, it doesn't fit him.

OG Daredevil:

This is just one of those designs that makes me go "meh". It just seems bland as he's just one color; no unique color scheme behind him. The color looks flawed, looking a bit pinkish red than red, so he looks like an uncooked sasuge at times. I've always preferred Daredevil with a tint of Dark Red on him. Other than that, it looks accurate to the older comics.

Doc Ock:

Why must they do this to one of the most iconic Spidey villains? Doc Ock just looks, for lack of a better word, uninspired. Giving him a generic lab suit was not a good idea, as the white makes the design look empty and the control harness in the front stands out a lot, unlike previous designs where it's usually hidden or it just blends in well. The tentacles are even more of a disappointment as they are both small and thin nullifing whatever powerful presence they used to have. The tentacles look more like wires that are wrapped in grey Styrofoam. The tentacles do have great animations, but I feel like it would've been a lot better if the tentacles actually looked intimadating.

Worst Champion Designs:

Dormmamu:

M.A.L:

OG Daredevil:

Doc Ock:

I totally agree with the Doc Ock. I was thrilled when they announced him, then I saw him and was like...Meh.
    @Yellow8Fellow I totally agree about the Loki one! The very character of Loki to me should look sleek and polished cause that's what he is (a lil bit suave to if I may say) but he just looks clunky in the design. I wish they would do a re-design based on his blue-ish costume on Thor Ragnarok (maybe buff him too cause he's so slow and meh in the game)
  • samalasravansamalasravan Member Posts: 163
    Aegon
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,106 ★★★★★
    Gladiator Hulk for me
  • LethalProtectorLethalProtector Member Posts: 76
    Symbiote Supreme. He has a flawless, intricate design. He also has very unique animations.
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Member Posts: 762 ★★
    In terms of looks= gulk or civil warrior
    In terms of animations= stark spidey
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Member Posts: 427 ★★
    I think Hela is one of the coolest looking champs in the game. She has some great animations, too.

Second place would probably go to Carnage. Love the black-on-red design and he's also got some cool animations.

I initially didn't like Red Skull. I would have preferred him to have more traditional military garb on, but I've come around to liking how they made him (now if they'd just give him better attack stats!). Not top of my list, but definitely one I've come to appreciate more.

You didn't ask, but the worst...

I really, really hate Hawkeye's look. I love using the champ, but he looks terrible
  • FargoMonkeyFargoMonkey Member Posts: 4

Corv looks badass and straight off of what he looked like I’m the movie, plus the attention to detail for his design

/animations and his stick is really nice.

I agree he really looks like he jumped right off the big screen, I would designate him as 1a, with 1b being Ghost Rider. Whose animations are just sick. I love everything about how look in this game and each of his moves and specials.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Member Posts: 976 ★★★
    Definitely not The Thing
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Member Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Ghost Rider-wish he did more damage