Great new matchmaking system you have here

So today is the season 8 kickoff. I just wanted to share a ridiculous war matchup pictures. Great job team kabam.

9yz582gyvbiy.png

m0cfdxxae3t0.png
iwnl1c9koxjj.png
«1

Comments

  • Mars___Mars___ Posts: 61 ★★
    Welcome to the club mate... we matched against a alliance with 10 mil more alliance rating...
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,028 ★★★★★
    @Mars___ alliance rating means nothing, not saying you’re wrong but a lot of players now have a fluff since they’re keeping their 1/2/3s due to champion requirements
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.
  • BuGiBuGi Posts: 21
    Are you kidding me? Four consecutive games.
    e3w1dat6fj70.png
    skpmfde2nue4.png
    oowvbp39110f.png
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 wrote: »
    Mars___ wrote: »
    @Mars___ alliance rating means nothing, not saying you’re wrong but a lot of players now have a fluff since they’re keeping their 1/2/3s due to champion requirements

    But it also reflects how strong the alliance roaster is...if i am not wrong

    Not really I currently have 415 champs
    If I sold all but my 5s and 6s
    I'd have 90.

    My allaince war teams wouldnt change but
    My 900k rating certainly would

    I'm similar:
    715k rating, 380+ champs, and only have 54x 5* & 6* champs. All of my 1*, 2, and a large portion of 3* champs are maxed. All this and still haven't done LOL or started Variant.

    Rating isn't all it's cracked up to be.
  • BuGiBuGi Posts: 21
    Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    4mb4538f4cxz.png
    z02f4ylzpq7a.png
    5r6ysoipls3z.png



  • FeenomFeenom Posts: 3
    Kabam you went from bad to throw the whole system away! I thought you said you fixed it? How does that seem fair lol and we are on the hard map. Ha! bjyvm8qolafd.png
    47c8dy14rbrc.png
    vwm3o3akrpzr.png

  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    BuGi wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    4mb4538f4cxz.png
    z02f4ylzpq7a.png
    5r6ysoipls3z.png



    What’s your point? Obviously you guys are on the cusp of gold 2. Similar war rating and all so there is no problem with that matchup.
  • On the other hand, this is the first time I've seen the forums do this:

    2zdqc06oaims.png

    "Posts: 0"
  • Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.
  • ThatGrootGrootThatGrootGroot Posts: 427 ★★
    We are Silver 1 and got matched up with a Gold 2 alliance. Very similar Alliance Rating. Exact thing happened in an off-season war, which we won.
  • Chris1212123Chris1212123 Posts: 320
    My alliance skipped half of last season to reduce our ranking and wait for the new system.

    We’re hugely dissapointed our first war of the season should have been easy and it’s just as stupidly difficult as it was last before.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.

    Technically speaking, I’m referring to the previous rankings obviously. If two alliances were gold 1 in season 7, with 100 war rating difference but one alliance beefed up their recruits in the offseason it’s still a fair fight. Because they were both gold 1.

    If a plat 1 alliance tanks to match up against plat 3. That’s not fair.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 7,055 ★★★★★
    Feenom wrote: »
    Kabam you went from bad to throw the whole system away! I thought you said you fixed it? How does that seem fair lol and we are on the hard map. Ha! bjyvm8qolafd.png
    47c8dy14rbrc.png
    vwm3o3akrpzr.png

    Really? You are running a one battlegroup map with 4 pretty strong accounts and no war rating. Pretty hard to find similar matches lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 7,055 ★★★★★
    My alliance skipped half of last season to reduce our ranking and wait for the new system.

    We’re hugely dissapointed our first war of the season should have been easy and it’s just as stupidly difficult as it was last before.

    How does skipping wars reduce your war rating? You have no ranking at the start of the season. Just a tier based on your war rating.
  • Jaded wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.

    Technically speaking, I’m referring to the previous rankings obviously. If two alliances were gold 1 in season 7, with 100 war rating difference but one alliance beefed up their recruits in the offseason it’s still a fair fight. Because they were both gold 1.

    If a plat 1 alliance tanks to match up against plat 3. That’s not fair.

    It isn't fair because of tanking, not because of their previous season brackets. The previous season brackets are completely irrelevant to the question of whether a match is fair, which is why the game correctly ignores such information. If an alliance that previously finished in Platinum 1 tanks to reduce their rating and matches against a much weaker alliance that finished in Platinum 3 last season, that's not fair. But remove the tanking from that statement, and that match is now fair by default.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Jaded wrote: »
    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.
    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.
    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.

    Technically speaking, I’m referring to the previous rankings obviously. If two alliances were gold 1 in season 7, with 100 war rating difference but one alliance beefed up their recruits in the offseason it’s still a fair fight. Because they were both gold 1.

    If a plat 1 alliance tanks to match up against plat 3. That’s not fair.

    It isn't fair because of tanking, not because of their previous season brackets. The previous season brackets are completely irrelevant to the question of whether a match is fair, which is why the game correctly ignores such information. If an alliance that previously finished in Platinum 1 tanks to reduce their rating and matches against a much weaker alliance that finished in Platinum 3 last season, that's not fair. But remove the tanking from that statement, and that match is now fair by default.

    That’s what I said.
  • icorericorer Posts: 66
    @the op I agree it's maybe a tad unfair. Whilst some have suggested it's maybe due to a smaller pool running 2bgs, I have evidence to the contrary.

    My alliance is running a 2bg war currently, we are within 150ish war rating of yours. Yet we've been both been matched with people 300+ war rating higher.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 6,180 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.

    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.

    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    You have no idea how ranking works right?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,891 Guardian
    Jaded said:



    DNA3000 wrote: »


    Jaded wrote: »


    DNA3000 wrote: »


    Jaded wrote: »

    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.

    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.

    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.


    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.


    Technically speaking, I’m referring to the previous rankings obviously. If two alliances were gold 1 in season 7, with 100 war rating difference but one alliance beefed up their recruits in the offseason it’s still a fair fight. Because they were both gold 1.



    If a plat 1 alliance tanks to match up against plat 3. That’s not fair.


    It isn't fair because of tanking, not because of their previous season brackets. The previous season brackets are completely irrelevant to the question of whether a match is fair, which is why the game correctly ignores such information. If an alliance that previously finished in Platinum 1 tanks to reduce their rating and matches against a much weaker alliance that finished in Platinum 3 last season, that's not fair. But remove the tanking from that statement, and that match is now fair by default.



    That’s what I said.

    It isn't in the post I replied to. If you meant this, you wouldn't have said that alliances that were in two different brackets aren't a fair fight. Because that's the opposite of this.
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,067 ★★★

    @Mars___ alliance rating means nothing, not saying you’re wrong but a lot of players now have a fluff since they’re keeping their 1/2/3s due to champion requirements

    It means something.
    Higher rating players have better chances to have best def/att champs.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    xNig said:

    Jaded said:

    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.

    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.

    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.

    You have no idea how ranking works right?
    So what’s wrong with my statement?
    A gold 1 alliance shouldn’t match a gold 1 alliance?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 4,031 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

    Jaded said:



    DNA3000 wrote: »


    Jaded wrote: »


    DNA3000 wrote: »


    Jaded wrote: »

    Gold 1 vs gold 1 is fair.

    Gold 1 vs masters isn’t fair.

    Gold 3 vs gold 1 isn’t fair.


    Gold and Masters are brackets. On day one, no one is in any bracket. Technically speaking, no one is in any bracket until the season is over.


    Technically speaking, I’m referring to the previous rankings obviously. If two alliances were gold 1 in season 7, with 100 war rating difference but one alliance beefed up their recruits in the offseason it’s still a fair fight. Because they were both gold 1.



    If a plat 1 alliance tanks to match up against plat 3. That’s not fair.


    It isn't fair because of tanking, not because of their previous season brackets. The previous season brackets are completely irrelevant to the question of whether a match is fair, which is why the game correctly ignores such information. If an alliance that previously finished in Platinum 1 tanks to reduce their rating and matches against a much weaker alliance that finished in Platinum 3 last season, that's not fair. But remove the tanking from that statement, and that match is now fair by default.



    That’s what I said.

    It isn't in the post I replied to. If you meant this, you wouldn't have said that alliances that were in two different brackets aren't a fair fight. Because that's the opposite of this.

    Yeah I said if a plat 1 alliance tanks to match plat 3 alliances it isn’t fair. Their previous rankings are a speaking point of where they should be. Of course there are many reasons why alliances drop in war rating and not always because of tanking. In which case it’s could be considered to be a fair fight but it could be unknown to those outside of the dropping ally.
Sign In or Register to comment.