**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do I max out my 4 star SHE-HULK or get my 5 star Gladiator Hulk to level 3?

Both are unawakened. I'm level 54. Here are my top rated Heroes.

Do I max out my 4 star SHE-HULK or get my 5 star Gladiator Hulk to level 3? 43 votes

Max out 4 Star SHE HULK
9%
AhitlawKobster84DeltronsBfinkish 4 votes
Get my 5 Star Gladiator Hulk to Level 3
90%
Madman_marvinDNA3000ArrsssDexman1349TheManMythLegendTerraNightCrackerSolrac_2AlCapone2727Sixshot1OrcDovahkiinOsfan8OnmixsimolazFinyteStarKillerVIIClynevaReverend_RuckusColonaut123Aleor 39 votes

Comments

• Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Glad Hulk, even unduped, is so great for some A5 and A6 degen. Think about the future!
  • BfinkishBfinkish Posts: 18
    Max out 4 Star SHE HULK
    Thanks so much everyone! Anyone else have an opinion, let me know!
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Rap said:

I am not a believer in ranking unawakened 5s. So many great champs at 4 that are better with their signature awakened! Buffs and debuffs may work occassionally for 5s but the only decient thing about them is their final because of the potential to add a 20% boost in damage. But i never really use the finally power-up. With champs that buff and debuff i don't need to! With 5s there are times when that is your best choice...hold for that final! Not my thing. I am about to just step over em all together! I got 30 now and wouldn't invest 1 t4c in! I have a stash of over 100 5 star sigs and no one to use em on! By the time i dupe someone worth the gold, t4 and alphas, i will be cracking open six stars. So i suggest you rank the four and not the 5...

So much bad advice here. 5* champs have higher attack and health pools then their equal-PI 4* counterparts. They also award 2x as many points as 4* champs in arenas.

Rank up decisions with awakened vs unawakened champs are very champ-specific. Some good champs genuinely do not need their awakened ability (Angela, Quake, Hela, Hawkeye). Some champs are good without but do gain quite a bit from being awakened (Magik, Blade, Carnage, Iceman, Hype) that can also be ranked up.

And lastly, there are some champs who are worthless without being awakened (Voodoo, Starlord) which are arena fodder at best until being duped.

Regardless of the above, unless a 4* champ is a genuine god-tier champ you're better off using your resources on 5*.

A case can be made that EVERY 5* champ should be ranked up to R2, and all but the meme-tier champs can go up to R3 without being awakened. The only time I debate ranking an unawakened 5* champ any further is when going up to R4. Three out of my six 5* champs at 4/55 are unduped (Hela, Iceman & Magik)...
  • Doomsfist79Doomsfist79 Posts: 922 ★★★
    4* all the way.. not even a question.. oh except you might want to see the most recent update that 4* aren't going to be useable in new content..
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

I am not a believer in ranking unawakened 5s. So many great champs at 4 that are better with their signature awakened! Buffs and debuffs may work occassionally for 5s but the only decient thing about them is their final because of the potential to add a 20% boost in damage. But i never really use the finally power-up. With champs that buff and debuff i don't need to! With 5s there are times when that is your best choice...hold for that final! Not my thing. I am about to just step over em all together! I got 30 now and wouldn't invest 1 t4c in! I have a stash of over 100 5 star sigs and no one to use em on! By the time i dupe someone worth the gold, t4 and alphas, i will be cracking open six stars. So i suggest you rank the four and not the 5...

I would agree with you normally. While as a rule of thumb, certain rank 5 4* are better than rank 3 5* because of their sig ability, Ghulk is an exception. He doesn't really need his awakened ability. In fact, it is a rather disappointing one as it only kicks in when you're on the verge of death, and only in 50% of the cases it will actually save you by providing an emergency regen. Ghulk has many good abilities in his tool box that will be required as you further the game.

She-Hulk is a bit of a wild card, as her rework is fresh, she hasn't been gone through the proper trial-and-error. Will she perform as good in questing as everyone believes she will be? Proof is in the eating of the pudding, I would wait before making rash decisions. As for now, I would advise to rank-up the well-known Ghulk, who also has more progress potential.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Rap said:

So much bad advice here. 5* champs have higher attack and health pools then their equal-PI 4* counterparts. They also award 2x as many points as 4* champs in arenas.

Rank up decisions with awakened vs unawakened champs are very champ-specific. Some good champs genuinely do not need their awakened ability (Angela, Quake, Hela, Hawkeye). Some champs are good without but do gain quite a bit from being awakened (Magik, Blade, Carnage, Iceman, Hype) that can also be ranked up.

And lastly, there are some champs who are worthless without being awakened (Voodoo, (edited out Void), Starlord) which are arena fodder at best until being duped.

Regardless of the above, unless a 4* champ is a genuine god-tier champ you're better off using your resources on 5*.

A case can be made that EVERY 5* champ should be ranked up to R2, and all but the meme-tier champs can go up to R3 without being awakened. The only time I debate ranking an unawakened 5* champ any further is when going up to R4. Three out of my six 5* champs at 4/55 are unduped (Hela, Iceman & Magik)...
    As a 5* has more health and attack, it follows that it also has a higher PI than a 4*, not equal. And what you said about arena's is true, but in weighing a rank-up that is pretty much inconsequential.

I'm glad you edited out Void in the arena fodder list, because that made my eye brows raise. Void is even unawakened a champion worth ranking up as a 5*, not in the least because he still retains some utility, has a massive health pool and has interesting synergies with Killmonger or Omega Red. People forget sometimes that Void has two play styles and one does not requiring him awakened.

I wouldn't say that every 5* champion should be R2, especially the meme champions. Anything below demi-god tier is better left at R1. My own 5* Mordo will not be ranked-up the coming months (even though I do believe he has some utility in some occasions, and if Kabam insists on making everything unblockable than maybe I will reconsider). But this is on the condition that the champion does not require being awakened. My 5* Taskmaster was sitting on the R1 bench for quite some time until I duped him.

If I overlook my own recent rank-up decisions, 3/4 were 4* and only 1 a 5*: 4* awakened Killmonger, 4* awakened Red Hulk, 4* awakened Iceman and 5* unawakened Medusa. There are people who will thrash-talk about unawakened Medusa, I can assure you that they have no clue what they are talking about. But maybe Killmonger and Red Hulk are more controversial, especially because I had better options: R2 5* Gwenpool, R1 5* Venom, R3 4* Ghost Rider, R3 4* Corvus Glaive, R4 4* Ghulk and R4 4* Blade, all unawakened. Recently, I duped my R3 4* CAIW. Still, KM and RH get the job done and have been my MVP (or should I say, MVC) for many months.

My point is: there is no perfect rank-up decision. Choosing is losing, as they say. By ranking-up, bridges are opened while others are (temporarily) closed. The most important question of ranking-up should be: will I use the ranked-up champion? If the OP wants to use She-Hulk over his Ghulk, then he should rank her up. He needs to live with the decision. I personally do not like the play style of Ghulk, it is way too aggressive in order to maintain the crowd counter.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    5 and 6 stars only being allowed in chapter six ain't no thing to me yet. And it's pretty clear the reason why is that 4s at sig 99 would do the job but they aren't as "supply instensive" to raise (and can be duped) We now have offers for everything you need to take a **** 5 to max.. that is where they want us to focus...so when i rank a five or a six...it will be one that can make it from the start of chapter six to the finish, cause the higher you go, really, the less reasons to rank more than six of em.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    Gulk doesn't need to be awakened to be amazing.