**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Please stop taking half champ health on disconnects!

ScyllaScylla Posts: 10
edited March 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
It’s already horrible that the connection issues are even a thing,but to consistently lose connection at fight start,no matter what device I’m using or how new and upgraded it is and then have you take half the health from that champ is just sad ! I realize you need to make money and I am a paying player and I buy potions but buying expensive AQ and AW health potions when I didn’t even lose the fight ..no ,not didn’t lose..didn’t even get to play ..is a load of carp! It’s been happening forever and never been dealt with , I will already have to buy them as I’m not that skilled yet but it’s entirely different to have this happen!Please get rid of that half health loss bit,it drives everyone bananas

Comments

• ScyllaScylla Posts: 10
    That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard,how would shutting it down on purpose help anything? You still have lost health,and they should be able to tell that the fight didn’t even start!
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    The servers don't know the difference between a force close and a disconnect. People force close the game to prevent a loss and keep their full health. This was an exploit so Kabam had to take 50% health for every type of disconnect.
    So because a few knew how to cheat...everyone pays even if never doing anything wrong...excellent logic right there .That would make sense and I could possibly be alright with it if there wasn’t ALWAYS a “ please Check connection “ sign on the bottom of my screen,especially with latest device I took out the box a week ago and on fibre optic internet connection .
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,009 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    When you say a few you mean everyone right? When it was still an exploit EVERYONE was doing it.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    People still do it all the time in solo quests and arena to stop losing streak.
    even some people do it in war still cus if you know ur gunna lose qutitting and getting half heatlh is better than dying and needing to revive.
    so no matter wat they do they cant stop some people exploiting anything.
    some people will always try and bend any situation to their advantage.
    Wow ,well that’s really quite sad then, I’m old school I guess..when you play a game you either win or lose...not cheat to guarantee a win of some form,that’s just bad sportsmanship
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★
    Scylla said:

Wow ,well that’s really quite sad then, I’m old school I guess..when you play a game you either win or lose...not cheat to guarantee a win of some form,that’s just bad sportsmanship

agree but unfortunately thats not how it seems to work for a lot.

exploit to gain any advantage possible.
  • Parodical_Sun1Parodical_Sun1 Posts: 143
    edited September 2019
    This issue also occurs during AW and AQ where the app reboots itself to the Marvel screen and then reloads, to the Kabam screen, when the player hits the begin button to fight,it goes through the motion of loading the the fight, even if the player chooses his or her champ within the time limit constraints, it then reboots itself to your Marvel logo screen only to return back with half health missing .
  • Lloyd80Lloyd80 Posts: 36
    How about being able to keep the amount of health you had when disconnect/force close happened that way no matter what happened you cant cheat the system..be like closing a fight in a normal event..when log back on it should ask if you want to continue fight..then if you hit no then it can take say 25% health away
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I’ve experienced this many times.. in story mode, quest, alliance war even.. it gets annoying because it’s kabam server not being able to handle the number of players online, it almost always says check your connection, now kabam change the message into a WiFi signal.. it disconnects whether you are on WiFi or cellular data.

The Mcoc game hangs indefinitely in the loading screen after you press begin for a fight.. then shutdown, when you restart the Mcoc game, you get 50% remove from your champion even before you actually fought the defender.. kabam way to make players use potion or buy units for health potion.. I think Netmarble did not think that they needed to upgrade the game server.
  • TwmRTwmR Posts: 662 ★★★
    Lloyd80 said:

How about being able to keep the amount of health you had when disconnect/force close happened that way no matter what happened you cant cheat the system..be like closing a fight in a normal event..when log back on it should ask if you want to continue fight..then if you hit no then it can take say 25% health away

Because the server doesn't know how much health you had when disconnect/force close happens the information about how a fight went is only passed to the server when it ends