**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Act 6 Starburst and Degenration solutions

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
So with the new 4* and below ban for Act 6, what are the best options to counter possible Starburst and Degeneration nodes in Act6? Previously I just my 4* Gladiator Hulk (who I took to r5 only for that reason), and did my best to fight perfectly to avoid as much block damage because of his low health pool. I haven't been blessed/lucky enough to pull a 5* or 6* Gladiator Hulk, so should my strategy for Starburst and Degeneration be to save up as many units as possible and plan to buy multiple revives for each of these figths??? Gonna be an expensive Act 6 (if I don't stop playing before attempting it)... :|

Comments

• RaveNNRaveNN Posts: 174
    The only solution I could think of to not die to degen was Awakened Corvus
  • ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
    RaveNN said:

The only solution I could think of to not die to degen was Awakened Corvus

It's statiscally easier to get 5 or 6* Gladiator Hulk, then 5* awakened Corvus... :( ... Act 6 is going to suck so much lol
  • RemeliRemeli Posts: 608 ★★★
    Units
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Gulk doesnt work for degen so you’re talking about starburst. Starbust can be mitigated with champions who regen or have large burst damage enabling them to end the fight before it ticks for much.

Would need a detailed roster to show options as they are numerous.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 825 ★★★★
    Wolverine....oh wait
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Chovner said:

So with the new 4* and below ban for Act 6, what are the best options to counter possible Starburst and Degeneration nodes in Act6? Previously I just my 4* Gladiator Hulk (who I took to r5 only for that reason), and did my best to fight perfectly to avoid as much block damage because of his low health pool. I haven't been blessed/lucky enough to pull a 5* or 6* Gladiator Hulk, so should my strategy for Starburst and Degeneration be to save up as many units as possible and plan to buy multiple revives for each of these figths??? Gonna be an expensive Act 6 (if I don't stop playing before attempting it)... :|

4* Ghulk would be good
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★

Gulk doesnt work for degen so you’re talking about starburst. Starbust can be mitigated with champions who regen or have large burst damage enabling them to end the fight before it ticks for much.

Funny’s is starburst is a deg to and works with ghulk. Might won’t to go back. To learn state of the game
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

I thought he worked against damage over time affects. Is degen not one of those? Anyway, he was great against Mr. Sinister last month in the EQ. Also works well against Magik on my AQ path.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Gamer said:

Funny’s is starburst is a deg to and works with ghulk. Might won’t to go back. To learn state of the game
    Yes, going back and learning the state of the game is a good idea. Or google “gulk degen”.

I thought he worked against damage over time affects. Is degen not one of those? Anyway, he was great against Mr. Sinister last month in the EQ. Also works well against Magik on my AQ path.
    Degen nodes are not one of those.

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!

Gamer said:

Yes, going back and learning the state of the game is a good idea. Or google “gulk degen”.

Degen nodes are not one of those.

Hey there, I found the answer to your question. This Degeneration from the node is not counted as a passive or active effect, and so wouldn't be altered by any abilities that interact with those types of effects. It can encourage some more aggressive play in a fight but, it can also be re-rolled away via the randomizers that have been made available for M.O.D.O.K.'s Lab. Hope this helps your strategizing in the Labs!

Can said I’m use ghulk for variant and he asbulet counter the starburst node. Not fully but. If u wont to get prof watch YouTube you is one furums a lot but for be it luk like u don’t play variant or act5 not even act4. If u hav you ikow ghulk works for starburst
    He stil counter the deg node op to 70 procent ofcasse he can dies from it stil
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Gulk counters starburst. Gulk DOES NOT, in ANY WAY, counter degen. Those are different nodes.

Gulk counters starburst. Gulk DOES NOT, in ANY WAY, counter degen. Those are different nodes.

I’m meant starburst deg. Sry I’m didn’t read all my wort down but he counter starburst deg that was what I’m meant
  • StrStr Posts: 547 ★★
    edited March 2019
    At least kabam has helped us by putting in a load of offers for awakening and ranking up 4*s... oh wait.... that just seems like rubbing salt into the room.

High sig magik can counter it with maxed out healing masteries. But it still isnt that good.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Ok let’s clear this up... gulk counters passive DOT... doesn’t mean degen or not degen. He counters passive degen like starburst.

They did say that Gulk will work against the new degen node they have in Act 6 in that thread I believe. He does not work against nodes like bane or brute force though.