**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Help with 5.3.5 - spiked armor and cornered path

Hi guys,
I am in the progress of 100%ing act 5 and I am on 5.3.5. I am dreading this path and I don't know how to tackle it since my champs are crippled heavily by this path. if you don't know, this map has the -50% attack to all non-skill champs global node. There are 8 champs with these 2 local nodes.

Any suggestions? I don't want to use karnak because of spiked armor and I don't want to use gwenpool because of cornered.

Comments

• CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Karnak isn’t the top but he’ll do ok for a good portion, he has physical resistance to mitigate some of the spiked armor damage and his S3 will reduce the chance for defenders to proc it by 80%. Elektra is also an option if you mostly attack while they are stunned or if you have resonate unlocked.

Another odd option is GR if you have him, the fate seal, s1, and damnation of his S3 will prevent spiked armor from proccing while they are up, and his heal will help carry you through.
  • (without having advanced beyond 5.2 yet, but...). Would BW be good for that ? Doesn’t she ignore a lot of the Spiked Armor, and without having to worry about Cornered ? Or is she just too weak ?
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311
    Thanks for the help guys. I used black widow for a bit and I didn't even think of that karnak ability. It helped.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Too bad you don't have Corvus, he could just armor break all the armors so that spiked armor is no issue
  • Hi guys,
    I am in the progress of 100%ing act 5 and I am on 5.3.5. I am dreading this path and I don't know how to tackle it since my champs are crippled heavily by this path. if you don't know, this map has the -50% attack to all non-skill champs global node. There are 8 champs with these 2 local nodes.

Any suggestions? I don't want to use karnak because of spiked armor and I don't want to use gwenpool because of cornered.

so from my personal experience that 50% attack taken away is annoying but not really anything to call home about if you know what I mean, when I plan on clearing that mission I plan on just using Ghost, The Hood, Nebula, Proxima and quake/ corvus.
  • SassyMastySassyMasty Posts: 311

Too bad you don't have Corvus, he could just armor break all the armors so that spiked armor is no issue

Is that actually how this works or are you trolling? I have a 4/55 corvus and I didn't bring him
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Is that actually how this works or are you trolling? I have a 4/55 corvus and I didn't bring him
    No, the buff is a physical resistance buff not an armor buff; people have confused spike armor with explosive personality and that might be what’s happening here.