Kabam make 5* crystals cheaper

hurricanthurricant Posts: 484 ★★★
It's crazy that 5* crystals cost so much. Apparently you've been trying to improve how many shards we get, but that hasn't changed the fact that we open maybe 2-3 crystals per month (without arena). It's horrible opening that few and still getting garbage all the time. You'd have to dramatically increase the amount for shards we get. I can open 6-8 4* per month so each one stings less. Same with 6*. It stings so much saving for 3 months and opening a dupe loki or some garbage.
«1

Comments

  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 593 ★★
    Clydania said:

    Reduce 5* cost depending on act completion. Uncollected get it for 7500 conqueror for 8000 and proven for 9000

    That's a fantastic idea, but I think perhaps 6500 for Uncollected and 7000 for Conqueror since 6 stars are becoming the meta and 5 stars are still very op and useful but with the introduction of Act 6 we all need a much easier way to get 5 stars because of the 4 star ban and a easier way to get 6 star shards via dupes.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,708 ★★★
    Cheaper how?

    There's two ways to make something cheaper
    Inflate the amount of resources one needs to get the item (5* Crystal)
    Deflate the cost of that item.

    I believe they are focused on the inflation part as opposed to the deflation part.

    I'm all for both but i don't see that happening.
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 101
    Also need more T2a, only r3 5* isnt going to do it
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,994 ★★★★★
    IJsmuts said:

    Also need more T2a, only r3 5* isnt going to do it

    You can get more T2 alphas right now. Just need to run higher AQ.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,994 ★★★★★
    I doubt they will reduce the cost of the crystal because then existing content would suddenly give out more 5*s which people who already did it wouldn't have access to.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,212 ★★★★
    "Apparently you've been trying to improve how many shards we get, but that hasn't changed the fact that we open maybe 2-3 crystals per month (without arena)."

    I believe this is the part where your disconnect starts.
    Increasing the amount of shards we can get literally has the same outcome as lowering the amount needes to form a crystal. But the first option still requires you to actively play the game.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 1,696 ★★★★

    "Apparently you've been trying to improve how many shards we get, but that hasn't changed the fact that we open maybe 2-3 crystals per month (without arena)."

    I believe this is the part where your disconnect starts.
    Increasing the amount of shards we can get literally has the same outcome as lowering the amount needes to form a crystal. But the first option still requires you to actively play the game.

    Also to add we use to get 1 5* crystal a month at a mid tier level. Going from 1 a month to 2-3 is 20k more shards a month!! That’s pretty good.

    I’ll take more anytime but can’t say they aren’t trying 🤷‍♂️
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 101

    IJsmuts said:

    Also need more T2a, only r3 5* isnt going to do it

    You can get more T2 alphas right now. Just need to run higher AQ.
    You know what AQ im running?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 947 ★★★
    If you run map 5x5 or better you should get enough glory for half a t2a a week or more. I call that pretty darn good
  • IJsmutsIJsmuts Posts: 101
    Buttehrs said:

    If you run map 5x5 or better you should get enough glory for half a t2a a week or more. I call that pretty darn good

    Yh thats pretty good i agree, but i also have a pretty line up of champs i want to r4. So you can never have enough t2a. And gold.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 4,994 ★★★★★
    IJsmuts said:

    IJsmuts said:

    Also need more T2a, only r3 5* isnt going to do it

    You can get more T2 alphas right now. Just need to run higher AQ.
    You know what AQ im running?
    I don't need to know what AQ you are running. It's a true statement unless you are running 7x5 lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,129 ★★★★★

    We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

    Or you could increase the payout from Heroic and Master EQ, to entice more players to play them (I haven't touched Heroic in a year).
    You know how much in resources you are missing out on by not doing it?
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 947 ★★★
    IJsmuts said:

    Buttehrs said:

    If you run map 5x5 or better you should get enough glory for half a t2a a week or more. I call that pretty darn good

    Yh thats pretty good i agree, but i also have a pretty line up of champs i want to r4. So you can never have enough t2a. And gold.
    So true lol.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,065 ★★★★
    Increasing the amount gotten is a better solution then decreasing the amount needed, if you decreased the amount needed people who have loads of shards saved up can get more then they oringally could giving them an advantage over everyone else while increasing the amount given helps everyone.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 164

    Hey All,

    We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

    We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

    Hi kabam mike i was just wondering if you intend to make 5 stars more available to players who arent quite at the uncollected level yet? We often end up in alliances that do not get 5* shards from wars and the increase in difficuly to master makes me unable to complete that as well since i dont have the particular champs needed to completely explore.. So that leaves me stuck only getting the rewards from heroic monthly these events that drop the shards like nick fury event i will be unable to fully explore as well since i dont have the roster.. So while some open 2-3 a month im extremely lucky if i get one in 2 months you have created a wall for us players with only 4 stars us newer players never got the time to build a roster before you upped the difficulty
  • KbugiiKbugii Posts: 73
    It’s great that the amount of shards in game has increased but if I could stop pulling hulk buster and groot with those shards that would be nice.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 593 ★★
    MavRCK_ said:

    Hey All,

    We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

    We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

    Could you define dramatically increase? 5* shards obtainable per week / story?

    I would argue that the effective value of 5* shards has decreased dramatically as the % chance to obtain a desired champion has decreased dramatically as the number of champions added to the basic crystal increased to 2 per month and that the feature 15000 5* crystal system got changes from 25% for a desired champion to 1/24 4% current feature 5* system. SA weekly rewards and other alliance rewards are still a paltry few hundred 5* shards. I think this adds up for the hardcore player who does only basic milestones in arena 20-40k 5* shards per month.

    Overall, 2-4 5* basic crystals per month is drop of water in a desert. Players are frustated with thirst.

    I don't grind EQ as the higher levels are too hard for me such as master, so the best I can do is Heroic and it gets hard towards the end (Not to mention 100%ing it for the actual good rewards) for lower calibre players this is just putting them further away from veterans and whales. As for me (Being slightly towards the lower end) I have 1 amazing 5 star and a few really good ones. I have Ghost, SpiderGwen, Hood, Mephisto and Beast is probably my worst as he is not awakened. To us, more login rewards would matter more tbh.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 721 ★★
    Tiger360 said:

    MavRCK_ said:

    Hey All,

    We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

    We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

    Could you define dramatically increase? 5* shards obtainable per week / story?

    I would argue that the effective value of 5* shards has decreased dramatically as the % chance to obtain a desired champion has decreased dramatically as the number of champions added to the basic crystal increased to 2 per month and that the feature 15000 5* crystal system got changes from 25% for a desired champion to 1/24 4% current feature 5* system. SA weekly rewards and other alliance rewards are still a paltry few hundred 5* shards. I think this adds up for the hardcore player who does only basic milestones in arena 20-40k 5* shards per month.

    Overall, 2-4 5* basic crystals per month is drop of water in a desert. Players are frustated with thirst.

    I don't grind EQ as the higher levels are too hard for me such as master, so the best I can do is Heroic and it gets hard towards the end (Not to mention 100%ing it for the actual good rewards) for lower calibre players this is just putting them further away from veterans and whales. As for me (Being slightly towards the lower end) I have 1 amazing 5 star and a few really good ones. I have Ghost, SpiderGwen, Hood, Mephisto and Beast is probably my worst as he is not awakened. To us, more login rewards would matter more tbh.
    U can 100% master with 5/50 champs and that too easily(I did my first master exploration with one 5/50 and other 4/40 champs a few months back)...to say that u should get 5* shards even more easily than they are available now cuz u cannot do master is not a valid point IMO..and to have hood,mephisto and spideygwen(post update) as 5* and tag them as just good suggests that u still don't know how to use Ur champs effectively...so my suggestion is to work with Ur roster and learn to use Ur champs better
  • RapRap Posts: 2,490 ★★★
    That is what confuses me...lowing the number shards makes better sense than giving them away or stuffing more of them into events.
  • RapRap Posts: 2,490 ★★★
    One change as opposed to multiple changes...less shards, no shards on calander. Shards already in the game...stays the same.
  • RapRap Posts: 2,490 ★★★
    And as it is, plenty is being done for the lower tier players, with all the xp boosts and and the sig stones and now the remix of the phc (they have realized keeping the newer champs rare at the 3 star level is working against them! So they have obviously decreased the number of older champs and increased the newer champs at the 3 star level. For 2 reasons, it reduces shards produced by us in the upper middle and it gets stronger champs, champs with real mechanics into the hands of newer players. Neither of which is calculated to help those of us in the middle.) And in free 5 star shards and it feels like where we sre..."What have you done for us lately?" Reducing the shards for a 5, not giving them to level 12 summoners who cannot grind for them, and letting the upper middle open a one or teo extra 5s a month would not harm this game or it's balance, or lack thereof...
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 891 ★★★
    Clydania said:

    Reduce 5* cost depending on act completion. Uncollected get it for 7500 conqueror for 8000 and proven for 9000

    That'd be cool!!😎 very awesome idea.
  • Urkel2Urkel2 Posts: 164
    Urkel2 said:

    Hey All,

    We're not going to reduce the amount of Shards that a 5-Star Crystal costs to form, but will increase the amount of 5-Star Shards that are available.

    We've done this pretty dramatically over the last year, and more and more in the last few months! We'ill continue to do so into the future, so keep an eye out for new Meta Events (side quests like Nick Fury's Recon Initiatives, Love is a Battlerealm, etc.) and for more availability of Crystal Shards in other areas of the Contest as well.

    Hi kabam mike i was just wondering if you intend to make 5 stars more available to players who arent quite at the uncollected level yet? We often end up in alliances that do not get 5* shards from wars and the increase in difficuly to master makes me unable to complete that as well since i dont have the particular champs needed to completely explore.. So that leaves me stuck only getting the rewards from heroic monthly these events that drop the shards like nick fury event i will be unable to fully explore as well since i dont have the roster.. So while some open 2-3 a month im extremely lucky if i get one in 2 months you have created a wall for us players with only 4 stars us newer players never got the time to build a roster before you upped the difficulty
    @Kabam Miike any answer to my question would be very appreciated..with everything shifting to a point where us newer players stay small and the older players skyrocket its getting to the point where i need an answer to this because if our only viable source of 5 star shards is going to remain the few we get from heroic difficulty exploration and the few we can get from events due to our puny rosters and needing certain champs to complete then i need to call it quits i cant keep grinding my life away for one chance to get another 5 star kamala khan every 2-3 months.. The game is to the point where 6 stars are needed and required but i dont have any decent 5 stars or the means to level them high enough to survive and i still dont have a single 6 star shard yet..you are basically cutting us little guys out of the game at this point
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 1,606 ★★★★
    They say they wanna balance the game and give out more ways to obtain 5* but with the cavalier crystals ppl are pulling 6* like its candy so how exactly is that balancing the game now????
Sign In or Register to comment.