**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

We Don’t Need a Harder Alliance War Map

HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
You don’t always have to keep changing things around to keep it fresh and exciting. Especially in a mode like Alliance War, where the difficulty was already going up by the influx of T5B lately. People generally rank up their 5* attackers to rank 5 first followed by defenders (with some prestige decisions factored in). This means that as most people have their main attackers to rank 5 already, more and more defenders have been going to rank 5 next and naturally creating a harder Alliance War map as time goes on.

Let’s be honest, “new alliance war map” means harder map. Harder nodes, higher health/attack boosts, more linked nodes, and probably more brawl and unstoppable. Every new iteration is always harder. There’s such a thing as too much too fast, and it can make the game feel too overwhelming. Slow down the changes please while people still get accumulated to Map 7 / Act 6. We don’t need a new alliance war map now.

Comments

• Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Who said it’s going to be harder?
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    Can’t grow if you don’t change.
  • MaatManMaatMan Posts: 958 ★★★

You don’t always have to keep changing things around to keep it fresh and exciting. Especially in a mode like Alliance War, where the difficulty was already going up by the influx of T5B lately. People generally rank up their 5* attackers to rank 5 first followed by defenders (with some prestige decisions factored in). This means that as most people have their main attackers to rank 5 already, more and more defenders have been going to rank 5 next and naturally creating a harder Alliance War map as time goes on.

Let’s be honest, “new alliance war map” means harder map. Harder nodes, higher health/attack boosts, more linked nodes, and probably more brawl and unstoppable. Every new iteration is always harder. There’s such a thing as too much too fast, and it can make the game feel too overwhelming. Slow down the changes please while people still get accumulated to Map 7 / Act 6. We don’t need a new alliance war map now.

maybe,
    but the biggest thing may come from new layout,
    maybe it will need 10 paths in an attempt to control exploration and bring exploration back as a factor?
    that is my biggest thought.

some nodes may be harder in someway but maybe easier in others.

looking at how they made cap marvel chpt 2 hard that sucked it was BS hard and not fun.
    but things like act 6 look fun and hard.
    like No Retreat nod is great. it can be countered by skill and trains you on interupting the opponent mid heavy to avoid double dex.

so if they follow the lead of act 6 Hard can also mean fun challenge.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Don't forget Kabam has stated they don't want alliances to 100% AW every war. So they will keep increasing difficulty till we can't 100% everytime
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Markjv81 said:

By now, we’ve seen that every new map comes with more difficulty. There’s no reason to think this won’t be the same, I doubt Kabam would change up alliance war to release an equal difficulty map. We’ll see the new nodes seen enough through the beta, just expect a bunch of brawl, unstoppable, and the recent nodes that generate the least couterplay.
    and besides clearly top allies do need a harder map and a harder challenge.
    as i see everywhere people complaining they need more harder content,
    i see everwhere SOLO kills left right and centre,
    100% clears are the norm.

so yeah getting 100% clears and solo kills everywhere shows its not actually a hard challenge.
    if it was a hard challenge not all wars would be 100%
    solo kills would be not as common as they are.

yes it would be hard for me, i am not top tier skill but it seems to me the top does need more challenge.

Markjv81 said:

By now, we’ve seen that every new map comes with more difficulty. There’s no reason to think this won’t be the same, I doubt Kabam would change up alliance war to release an equal difficulty map. We’ll see the new nodes seen enough through the beta, just expect a bunch of brawl, unstoppable, and the recent nodes that generate the least couterplay.
    but harder doesnt have to mean BS harder can mean more challenge.

Markjv81 said:

just a question wat war tier are you?
    what is your win loss ratio?
    how often do you 100% clear the map?
    how many deaths do you average per war?
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★

Markjv81 said:

Initially AW 2.0 map was so much easier than AW 1.0 map, it’s arguable that the current map is easier than the thorns, caltrops, degen loaded map of the past.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,262 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

Don't forget Kabam has stated they don't want alliances to 100% AW every war. So they will keep increasing difficulty till we can't 100% everytime

If that's the actual goal, they still aren't going about it in a way that ensures that outcome. It would be more sensible to make it impossible to clear 100% of the nodes combined with making an irreversible decision between a much harder path for more potential points or an easier path for a more likely to gain smaller number of points. The point of the game is to gain more points than the opponent, and they can make the mechanism for doing so whatever they want and they keep choosing lazy ways.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Patchie93 said:

You mean they havent reached a point where non of the alliance can clear 100% map??? I am shocked by this for i thought they already ruined AW when introducing seasons burning players out each season not to mention ppl getting kicked at the end not able to claim the rewards after giving all they had for an entire season.