**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Automated defense placement if inactive

NEONEO Posts: 347
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I think automated defense placement when inactive could be a good way to cover if alliances mates are inactive from the AW placement phase for whatever reason. Just need a way to develop a good system. There’s the issue of once they are autoplaced. The leader and officers would need a new tab to place inactive members defense on nodes. There is also the issue if defenders are tied up in a a quest, maybe next highest PI or something. I know someone will say that people just need to be active but we all know that’s not always possibile with adult life and responsibilities.

Comments

• NEONEO Posts: 347
    How about just AW placement if members forget.
    So if you have an emergency situation where you cannot place champs the alliance is supposed to suffer?
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    If they are busy they shouldn't join, literally all they have to if either put them in spots or just dump them in since there is a good chance that they are going to get moved anyway
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    I think they do enough notifications and stuff that if you don't place defense it's on you.
    Drooped2 said:

NEO said:

So if you have an emergency situation where you cannot place champs the alliance is supposed to suffer?

It's a team game. If a teammate doesnt show up yes the team suffers.

And the teammate is off the team for making them suffer
    Drooped2 said:

NEO said:

Drooped2 said:

NEO said:

Drooped2 said:

NEO said:

So if the teammates say daughter is in a car wreck and that person is in the ER all night with them missing placement phase the team should suffer and they get kicked is what your saying and someone actually likes your post. So full of hate aren’t you.
    I’m done...
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I get where you're coming from, but that opens Leaders and Officers up to being able to mandate that people enter War. No one should have the ability to force people to Fight.
    It's like Pilot Light. (See what I did there?) XD
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    it is quick and easy and people shouldn't miss, but sometimes it happens.

besides why not add features purely for ease of use and quality of life?
    I have suggested this before too.

basically it would be a case of in your roster you mark 5 champs who will be used as your defenders. you select them and mark with a bg and node number. you can change these whenever you want very easily in a second.
    then when war placement starts these champs are automatically selected and plopped on the battlefield. officers now have the entire time to adjust defence.

I don't know why anyone would shut this idea down?
    it is literally just a quality of life. those that don't need this will not be negatively affected in anyway.
    but those who struggle to get people placing or struggle to have the time to adjust defence properly will be benefited.

quality of life changes are something we should all look for

I get where you're coming from, but that opens Leaders and Officers up to being able to mandate that people enter War. No one should have the ability to force people to Fight.

but we do. its the rules of the alliance.
    AW is mandatory if you don't like it you are not welcome in my alliance.
    go find one where it is not.
    but in my alliance I tell you you MUST war. if you don't war you have no place in my alliance.

its not telling someone how to play the game.
    its their choice if they agree to be in your alliance or leave.
    Rules of the Alliance don't involve the power to place people in War for them. It's up to the Member to choose to participate or not, and place their own Champs. Not Leaders and Officers. If someone isn't available, it's the responsibility of the Alliance to adjust and find a work-around. This isn't new. It's the same justification people use for Piloting. If people aren't free, they can't play. Simple as that.

Rules of the Alliance don't involve the power to place people in War for them. It's up to the Member to choose to participate or not, and place their own Champs. Not Leaders and Officers. If someone isn't available, it's the responsibility of the Alliance to adjust and find a work-around. This isn't new. It's the same justification people use for Piloting. If people aren't free, they can't play. Simple as that.

dude as an alliance leader I have the right to tell people they MUST play war. if they cant play war they MUST leave. it is that simple.
    if they are not around I make the choice to kick them or keep them depending on why they can't / don't play.
    but simple fact is mine like many alliance runs 3bg AW and war is a MUST.
    if you cant war you need to leave.
    in a 3bg war every single member needs to place defence. even if for some reason they cannot attack they must place defence. otherwise our defense is missing people and we lose points.

so yeah if you are in my alliance you place defence simple.
    there has been some occasions where for example someone has been away with no reception and we have made an exception but that has cost us points by missing defenders.
    auto placement would stop this.

simple. 3bg alliance. all members place defence.

if you run a 2bg alliance then great. only those members that mark defenders and select them will be auto placed. if you don't have defenders marked for auto placement they wont get placed and will still need to be manually placed.

as I said no one will be affected negatively. it will only benefit those that need it.
    Maat1985 said:

dude as an alliance leader I have the right to tell people they MUST play war. if they cant play war they MUST leave. it is that simple.
    if they are not around I make the choice to kick them or keep them depending on why they can't / don't play.
    in a 3bg war every single member needs to place defence. even if for some reason they cannot attack they must place defence. otherwise our defense is missing people and we lose points.

there has been some occasions where for example someone has been away with no reception and we have made an exception but that has cost us points by missing defenders.

if you run a 2bg alliance then great. only those members that mark defenders and select them will be auto placed. if you don't have defenders marked for auto placement they wont get placed and will still need to be manually placed.

as I said no one will be affected negatively. it will only benefit those that need it.
    You have every right to make it mandatory, and if they don't follow suit, you have every right to boot them if they don't. Personally, I'm not that fanatical and I respect when people have a life, but that's entirely within your rights to choose.
    What you DON'T have the right to, is access to their Champs and the ability to place them, whether they want to or not. No one should be controlling anyone else's Champs. You can't force them to do anything.

Maat1985 said:

You have every right to make it mandatory, and if they don't follow suit, you have every right to boot them if they don't. Personally, I'm not that fanatical and I respect when people have a life, but that's entirely within your rights to choose.
    What you DON'T have the right to, is access to their Champs and the ability to place them, whether they want to or not. No one should be controlling anyone else's Champs. You can't force them to do anything.
    Dude no-one is talking about accessing someones elses account or champs.

WOW dude slow the **** down

talking about a system where you as the player selects 5 champs and earmarks them for defence.
    then everytime defence come up they will be placed. in the bg and on the nodes you select.

if you don't select champs then nothing will be autoplaced.

Maat1985 said:

Slow down dude.
    no one is accessing anyones champs here.
    you as the player select your champs and the nodes they will be placed on.
    you go to your roster and you mark 5 defenders and mark wat bg and wat node.
    when placement starts they get placed.

if you don't select any champs they will not get placed. its all on you to do this no one else accessing your champs or anything.
    Drooped2 said:

Why cant people just find a minute and dump defense which is auto selected anyways my defense hasnt changed in awhile it's always pre picked.

The system is fine the way it is

I get your point.
    but that's also a perfect example of Why not?
    it may not matter to you if its done or not. but why be against adding this feature?
    it can only have benefit to those who use it and cant be bad for those who don't.
    Have to disagree with that one, especially with the current system having shifted. We won a couple Wars now because people couldn't place in time and jumped in for Attack. LOL.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

NEO said:

What a toxic community

Lol what we dont agree with your idea so were toxic.

If theres an emergency tell someone 2 seconds and they can decide if you stay or go. This isnt hard.

An auto feature is just dumb might as well add auto attack too I mean what if I have an emergency shouldnt the game just play for me?
    The answer is no
    Lol: 911, next of kin, then MCOC.

TBH, despite having an accomplished account, I will never be in a top alliance. I work in a hospital, during snow and flu season I’ve pulled multiple 18 hours shifts, slept in my office so I could work back to backs, and generally failed to join war and AQ at inconvenient times. This game, apparently to the satisfaction of some of its adherents, is designed to reward a lack of desire to do other things. I guess we all make choices.
    a
    Drooped2 said:

Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Slow down dude.

if you don't select any champs they will not get placed. its all on you to do this no one else accessing your champs or anything.
    Drooped2 said:

Why cant people just find a minute and dump defense which is auto selected anyways my defense hasnt changed in awhile it's always pre picked.

I get your point.
    it may not matter to you if its done or not. but why be against adding this feature?
    it can only have benefit to those who use it and cant be bad for those who don't.
    It's a huge benefit to leave the system the way it is to players actually.

If your allaince is active and the opponent isnt you face a lighter defense.

I see zero benefit of adding this feature and all downside but I'm active and.in an active alliance
    I am leader of a t5 ally that runs 3bgs.
    I still se benefit as it will give me and my officers the entire placement window to adjust placement rather than waiting on peeps to place first. its annoying being an aussie when someone doesn't place until the last 6 hrs.
    6 hrs before attack starts im goin to bed and cant move defence.
    so benefit there.
    Maat1985 said:

Maat1985 said:

Slow down dude.

Drooped2 said:

I get your point.
    If they can do that, then they can do it during Placement Phase. If they're not free then, they can't play. You have to accept when people don't have time to place, you can't use them. Essentially what the suggestion is asking for is an extended Placement Phase, and everyone gets the same allowance. 24 hours. Not 24 hours plus a day.