**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Sirius0130Sirius0130 Posts: 106
    Be like me buying a BBQ using it for three years and then demanding money because of a saftey recall. Pfft...
  • humberto20043humberto20043 Posts: 28
    Anyone lose their f2p cause of gifting badge
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    My previous post were deleted. Just don’t think making people feel dumb about their frustration is very helpful either... trolling people who are upset is not constructive and leads to more anger
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    Sorry for the term I used, but it is trolling. I thought that was hat global was for
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Kabam did not make a top shelf move here. In my oppinion they should of gave us full compensation of 850 units or at least half that 425... I mean only reason why I bought the $29.99 unit deal was for the GB

Inncorect. The 300 units is extra. You got what you paid for which was 850 units. The badge was a free item for buying the package. That is evident as the 850 unit package is still in the unit store.
    I didnt pay for the units. I paid for the gifting badge.
    You paid for the units, you wanted the badge, but that is not what you paid for. philosophically that may be want you wanted, but not actually.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    So what would starting a Thread and telling people you disagree with to all go sit on the Island be called?
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Only thing I’ve ever bought in this game was that for the gifting badge to help alliance. Think I got it on a deal though a long time ago but still I agree with the folks saying the units weren’t appropriate.

I turn mine into a 6* rocket which while he isn’t the best 6* I can’t complain about turning unexpected units into a 6*

And just like that $30 was gone from everybody in the (MCOC) universe

It was actually gone the moment people spent it. There's no cashing out in this game.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I love that feeling of when you just throw your money in the trash. You know me so well, Kabam! What is the equivalent of this? Asset forfeiture? I'm glad I invested my money into an item that's been seized from me with no violation of terms on my part.

It's ridiculous.. The long-term value of the gifting badge completely overshadows 850 units, and it's disgusting that Kabam Mike is trying to devalue it to a "no value free add on".. Which is locked behind a 30$ paywall...

Are there really no legal ramifications for offering a product at a price, yet not advertising it as such, and then saying it never had any value to begin with AFTER the fact?

I don't know what else to say other than I'm ashamed I ever felt the need to pay a single penny in support of this game. It seems the feeling is not mutual sadly..
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,365 ★★★★★
    Some guy in Kabam Miike’s alliance tried to sell him items but Miike wasn’t wit it 😂
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Where is a FAQ post when you need one...?
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

ẞlооd said:

Spend it on masteries.

dont really need any as far as i know. unless theres some super secret mastery set up i donno about
    Wise man having already gotten it all out of the way first. Spend away!
  • CommonSenseCommonSense Posts: 54
    It definitely hurts getting the badge removed, but I come to terms that our game accounts aren’t ours anyways...it’s basically like a car lease, we can drive them..but we don’t own them, the company owner can do what they want when they want without our knowledge or approval...it’s all in the TOS agreement. I agree with everyone that is upset...but what can you do? It is what it is, game life goes on I guess 🥺
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Kabam sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I think they’re fine, but people seem to hate on anyone who disagrees. Seriously, put away your pitchforks, this is probably only temporary. Kabam is doing the best they can. Maybe their customer service still sucks, but when has that ever been different?
    @GroundedWisdom what is cashing out mean? Am I supposed to be making money playing or did I not get that memo?
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Looks like this was first talked about on the forums over 2 Weeks ago:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/127033/kabam-remove-gifting-badge/p1

Kabam sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I think they’re fine, but people seem to hate on anyone who disagrees. Seriously, put away your pitchforks, this is probably only temporary. Kabam is doing the best they can. Maybe their customer service still sucks, but when has that ever been different?

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Let's just hope they work out a compromise with a cap on gifting that can curtail abuse while still being beneficial in alliances for 2-300 units worth of items that would put the big sellers out of business.

@GroundedWisdom what is cashing out mean? Am I supposed to be making money playing or did I not get that memo?

No. I meant once we spend it, our money is gone. It's not a long-term investment. We don't own anything proprietary in our Accounts.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165
    Lormif said:

Kabam did not make a top shelf move here. In my oppinion they should of gave us full compensation of 850 units or at least half that 425... I mean only reason why I bought the $29.99 unit deal was for the GB

Inncorect. The 300 units is extra. You got what you paid for which was 850 units. The badge was a free item for buying the package. That is evident as the 850 unit package is still in the unit store.
    I didnt pay for the units. I paid for the gifting badge.
    You paid for the units, you wanted the badge, but that is not what you paid for. philosophically that may be want you wanted, but not actually.
    No. I paid for the badge. If the badge wasn't there then I wouldnt have paid anything. Therefore I paid money TO kabam for a gifting badge.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    We had to spend $50 to get the Gifting badge, not $30. Was only available with Black Panther’s Treasure, not Tony Stark’s Briefcase. I don’t think 300 units is worthwhile compensation. Although I’d be happy with:
    1. Generic 5* AG
    2. 5* Crystal that awards champion of my choice (Starlord)
    3. A 5* Starlord
    4. Any of the above

:)
    Player said:

We had to spend $50 to get the Gifting badge, not $30. Was only available with Black Panther’s Treasure, not Tony Stark’s Briefcase. I don’t think 300 units is worthwhile compensation. Although I’d be happy with:
    1. Generic 5* AG
    3. A 5* Starlord
    4. Any of the above

I got it included with the Tony Stark Briefcase Unit Pack for $29.99, so.... 🤓

• PlayerPlayer Posts: 169

Player said:

1. Generic 5* AG
    3. A 5* Starlord
    4. Any of the above

When I got it, only BPs treasure or higher would award it.
    @GroundedWisdom thanks for clearing that up I was confused for a second, I understand that in TOS what we play is not ours...we just play, whatever money that is spent is on us just like any other mobile game, very normal. If you want to lay claim and own something with your hard earned money it should be something that is real...not buying imaginary units in a mobile game, there’s tons of real life things you can buy with that green...take your girl friend out to a movie, go to a fancy restaurant, invest is stocks, buy that car you want, etc.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike

Reposting this because it got lost in the shuffle. I'm genuinely curious as to how reinstating badges during gifting events isn't counterintuitive to the situation you're trying to stop?
    Hamin said:

Ok... please explain the logic here. Isn't this when the abuse would be turned up to 11?

Player said:

Player said:

1. Generic 5* AG
    3. A 5* Starlord
    4. Any of the above

When I got it, only BPs treasure or higher would award it.
    I lucked out then. I got it a long time ago though and don't really go into the "paid-for" purchases screen barely anymore and definitely not for units so maybe they changed that. I do know per the forums they removed the gifting badge from those offers over 2 Weeks ago.

But the real thing is, you REALLY want to awaken your 5* StarLord, don't ya? 😂😂

• Shin0638Shin0638 Posts: 36
    Shin0638 said:

I understand it is an issue of fradulent activity, however, a 300 unit refund on an item that not only cost $30 but the player had to work towards by reaching a certain level is poor recompense. I spend frequently on the game (the badge being one of those) and I abide by all the terms of service as do most players. MCOC is a game that takes a lot of time and work so to most, the idea of being banned for shady practices is just a common sense. No appreciative player will chance it for fear of losing all that work. It would serve as a great show of appreciation to your true player base if this "refund" reflected the actual resources it took to achieve it.

After giving this more thought, I'd like to officially retract my previous statement. The gifting badge was free with the purchase of the $30 unit bundle. Yes, it was incentive for me to make that purchase but in all fairness, we were compensated 300 units for that incentive. That being said, be thankful they made the effort to right a wrong that was someone else's doing.

This discussion has been closed.