**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118

To those asking for a refund of their $30 should kabam also take back the 850 units you received in addition to the gifting badge. The badge was an add on to the package. The units were not an add on to the badge.

You bought units The badge was a bonus.

Why is that so difficult to understand. No one purchased a badge for that amount without units.
    I didn't buy the stupid badge cause I think spending money on this game is a waste of time seeing what Kabam does but if you think of it from the consumer point of view they bought the $30 deal FOR the gift badge, even if Kabam was just trying to do it as a "bonus".

So yes, they deserve their refund, but then the consumer also needs to understand 850 units would be deducted too. It's simple.

People were buying all those offers cause they saw a gifting badge for a cheaper price, in their eyes the units was the bonus.

• MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Not trying to incite even more, but can someone tell me on which page a mods last reply was? I tried scanning quickly but came up empty over the past ten or so pages (although I could have missed it...) If they aren’t going to respond to the thread or if they have said their final word on the topic, may as well close the thread because neither side will ever convince the other
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Mjolinar said:

Not trying to incite even more, but can someone tell me on which page a mods last reply was? I tried scanning quickly but came up empty over the past ten or so pages (although I could have missed it...) If they aren’t going to respond to the thread or if they have said their final word on the topic, may as well close the thread because neither side will ever convince the other

@Mjolinar. It was like page 12 or so I believe. Somewhere in there
  • Hdj2Hdj2 Posts: 37
    I posted this earlier but see people still saying they dont know why this situation is happening

Watch the video as it's this sort of problem that caused it. I'd almost bet everything I have that none of these people will get more then a slap on the wrist, instead kabam takes it out on everyone instead of punishing those involved

https://youtu.be/27K5zqsgktE
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Hdj2 said:

I posted this earlier but see people still saying they dont know why this situation is happening

Watch the video as it's this sort of problem that caused it. I'd almost bet everything I have that none of these people will get more then a slap on the wrist, instead kabam takes it out on everyone instead of punishing those involved

https://youtu.be/27K5zqsgktE

Well if there is criminal activity and google/apple press charges they will go to jail.
  • RedEye1812_357RedEye1812_357 Posts: 6
    Wow! I really mean Wow!!! That’s insane that these ppl r doing this. I assume they got into the game because they liked it as we all do. Only now their trying to basically nuke stuff with them still playing and acting nonchalant! Really is amazing how low some ppl can sink before they realize how far they have fallen! Thank you Demonzfyre that was a world class explanation that left little to the imagination! Have a good night everyone!!
    @Kabam Miike I have been in contact with google play and according to them you guys our the ones that would have to do the refund. So someone's being untruthful.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Thank you for reconsidering your decision. I know this may have been some tough business decision but I hope you can sort it out.
  • Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118
    Does that mean if you bring it back we will have to buy it again because that part isn’t fair to me. Please respond Kabam mike.
  • Does that mean if you bring it back we will have to buy it again because that part isn’t fair to me. Please respond Kabam mike.

I can't say for sure at this time. That's a ways away, so we can't give any sort of definitive answer at this time.
    edited March 2019
    @Rickybobby1 Google saying same thing it's with kabam. And as you see above @Kabam Miike ignored where I stated that but replied to someone else
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Hello Summoners,

Thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding the removal of the gifting functionality and the compensation. We’ve taken the time to think about your feedback, and agree with a majority of your concerns regarding the amount and will be increasing the compensation to a total of 850 units.

When we committed to suspend the Gifting feature from the Contest, it was not an easy decision. The original intent of the gifting functionality was to allow for players to freely give gifts between each other, allowing our players to help each other out. It is with a heavy heart that we had to remove it. An unintended consequence of the design was that it facilitated a considerable amount of fraud and exploitation.

Our initial focus of this effort was to help ensure the security and even out the playing field of The Contest, we realize now that we focused too much on those who exploited the system and not enough on the players who legitimately used the feature in good faith, and we're sorry for that.

We do hope to bring Permanent Gifting back to the Contest in some form in the future, but not until we have a design we believe can't be exploited. We don’t know when that will be, or what it will look like. Many of you have given us some great ideas and we are looking at what it would take to make them 100% exploit proof.

We want to thank everybody for their understanding as we took measures to address this alarming behaviour. You will receive the additional 550 units in a message later today.

It is nice to see you guys took the time to review all the constructive feedback and change what was originally given out.

Don’t think for a second it was the negative comments that made them “cave in” that doesn’t work. What it was, Kabam took the responses to heart that did more than insult them, badger them, and made a couple of forums acckubts get banned.

I applaud those of you who kept a cool head and gave concise and level headed feedback.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

@Kabam Miike I have been in contact with google play and according to them you guys our the ones that would have to do the refund. So someone's being untruthful.

Apple and Google Play have different policies here. I'm more familiar with Apple, and Apple never gives transaction information to app vendors. Google must do something different because I've been told by Android developers that Google itself will only process refunds for transactions that have occurred within a certain window of time. After a few days, Google will by policy not refund transactions and it is up to the app developer to provide the means to do so if they choose to do so. However, they aren't *required* to do so by Google, its just that Google won't do it.
  • You guys have access to everything. That’s how you gave me an exact dollar amount to the penny that I’ve spent on this game.

SparkAlot said:

@Kabam Miike it is pretty obvious that it is CreditCard Fraud going on, but, it seems like a odd way to "fix" the problem.

Person uses stolen CC to buy stuff. This is logged information, and can be traced to the account that bought it correct?

That person then sells stuff to someone else. Again, this transaction is logged, is it not?

So, to fix it, you ban the original person's account forever, and then remove the item(s) that they sent to the other person, and tell the buyer of the gifts that if they attempt to do it again, they are banned for life.

Problem solved.

When you complete a purchase in Game, it's not directly with us. It's with your App Store, and the payment information is processed by them.

The actions we can take are limited by the information that we have access too.

Records are very different from actually having the ability to make refunds.
  • @Rickybobby1 Google saying same thing it's with kabam. And as you see above @Kabam Miike ignored where I stated that but replied to someone else

I need a lot more information, but from what I am aware, we are not able to do this. If you'd like to send me the transcripts of your conversations, I can look into that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

You guys have access to everything. That’s how you gave me an exact dollar amount to the penny that I’ve spent on this game.

They know how much you spent, because obviously they have to know what you've bought. But they have no information about *how* you bought it, did you charge it, did you use gift cards, which credit card did you use, did you use a known fraudster to pay for it, etc, because that transaction information is considered private and the two app store operators (Google and Apple) don't give that information to app vendors.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Great call on increasing the compensation. I know others will still be furious, but the fact you listened and adjusted the compensation actually does say a lot. I don’t think anyone should really complain now. Props to you guys.
    DNA3000 said:

Apple and Google Play have different policies here. I'm more familiar with Apple, and Apple never gives transaction information to app vendors. Google must do something different because I've been told by Android developers that Google itself will only process refunds for transactions that have occurred within a certain window of time. After a few days, Google will by policy not refund transactions and it is up to the app developer to provide the means to do so if they choose to do so. However, they aren't *required* to do so by Google, its just that Google won't do it.
    @DNA3000 yeah and of course I've tried to get ahold of kabam about it but get the auto response and hear nothing else. Just like above. My tag is ignored but other has a reply. Cant get a straight answer. I bought the package for the badge. I'll gladly hand over all 1700 total units for my money back. I bought something that was suppose to be permanent. It's now not.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Google Play have up to 48 hours of recent transactions to window. After that, they instruct people to contact the Developer directly, and discuss a resolution.
  • RaiserRaiser Posts: 424 ★★

Hello Summoners,

Thank you all for your valuable feedback regarding the removal of the gifting functionality and the compensation. We’ve taken the time to think about your feedback, and agree with a majority of your concerns regarding the amount and will be increasing the compensation to a total of 850 units.

When we committed to suspend the Gifting feature from the Contest, it was not an easy decision. The original intent of the gifting functionality was to allow for players to freely give gifts between each other, allowing our players to help each other out. It is with a heavy heart that we had to remove it. An unintended consequence of the design was that it facilitated a considerable amount of fraud and exploitation.

Our initial focus of this effort was to help ensure the security and even out the playing field of The Contest, we realize now that we focused too much on those who exploited the system and not enough on the players who legitimately used the feature in good faith, and we're sorry for that.

We do hope to bring Permanent Gifting back to the Contest in some form in the future, but not until we have a design we believe can't be exploited. We don’t know when that will be, or what it will look like. Many of you have given us some great ideas and we are looking at what it would take to make them 100% exploit proof.

We want to thank everybody for their understanding as we took measures to address this alarming behaviour. You will receive the additional 550 units in a message later today.

Thank you very much !!! We appreciate it
    @kab

@Rickybobby1 Google saying same thing it's with kabam. And as you see above @Kabam Miike ignored where I stated that but replied to someone else

I need a lot more information, but from what I am aware, we are not able to do this. If you'd like to send me the transcripts of your conversations, I can look into that.
    @Kabam Miike I no longer have it but will gladly do another. Do I just post the pics of convo on this thread
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Big up’s miike and the team, obviously people will still be upset at what has transpired but Atleast you’ve listened to the vast majority of the community and tried to appease them further. Step in the right direction I think 👍

• @kab

@Kabam Miike I no longer have it but will gladly do another. Do I just post the pics of convo on this thread
    You can send them in a PM, as they should stay private.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

You guys have access to everything. That’s how you gave me an exact dollar amount to the penny that I’ve spent on this game.

SparkAlot said:

@Kabam Miike it is pretty obvious that it is CreditCard Fraud going on, but, it seems like a odd way to "fix" the problem.

Person uses stolen CC to buy stuff. This is logged information, and can be traced to the account that bought it correct?

That person then sells stuff to someone else. Again, this transaction is logged, is it not?

So, to fix it, you ban the original person's account forever, and then remove the item(s) that they sent to the other person, and tell the buyer of the gifts that if they attempt to do it again, they are banned for life.

Problem solved.

When you complete a purchase in Game, it's not directly with us. It's with your App Store, and the payment information is processed by them.

The actions we can take are limited by the information that we have access too.

Records are very different from actually having the ability to make refunds.
    But you tried to refund everyone 1/3 of the value of the initial purchase. You’re claiming there’s no value associated with the gifting badge, then don’t bring it back to rake the coals with your gifting events. It has value for you doesn’t it? So surely it had value for us.
    The value of the initial purchase was given with the Units people used. They just doubled the value of what we bought.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Thanks for your responsiveness @Kabam Miike. Nice to arrive on a correct result.
This discussion has been closed.