**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Emma Frost not psychic resistant...?

It would be great if Emma could be used on the Delirium path in 6.1.6 since she has telepathic abilities. I am confused as to why she doesn't have psychic resistance? What am I missing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Who do you use on this path besides Mags and Juggs?

Comments

• Options
    ÆgöÆgö Posts: 19
    Yup, I know about Mags and Juggs. Is there anyone else? Finding the path to be absurdly tough to get used too and don't want to rank up either of the 2 mentioned. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Mr Sinister, but he's pretty new so not many have him
  • Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Ægö said:

It would be great if Emma could be used on the Delirium path in 6.1.6 since she has telepathic abilities. I am confused as to why she doesn't have psychic resistance? What am I missing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Who do you use on this path besides Mags and Juggs?

It's my understanding that psychics in the Marvel Universe aren't immune to psychic tampering, though they tend to be resistant to it with practice. I'm sure some X-Fan can chime in, but I don't know if she's susceptible to telepathic attacks in Diamond Form in the comics, but she certainly can't use them in Diamond form.

As far as the game is concerned, I'm a little surprised that they allowed Robots to be immune to the effects of the Delirium node along with Magneto, Juggernaut, and Unstoppable Colossus. I'm surprised because when Emma was released, players questioned Kabam asking why Robots were susceptible to psychic attacks (inverted controls) due to the fact that they have no brain with which to tamper. Kabam gave a flimsy response and decided to let it stand. Fast forward to the Delirium node and suddenly Robots are immune. Though the other node on that path will reduce robot Ability Accuracy by 70%, so use them at your own risk.

I JUST did that path. I tried using a 4/55 Magneto. His damage just isn't there. It takes far too many hits for him to be a reliable option. My personal recommendation is to get to that path and practice as much as you can with your strongest champs. When your champs are wiped out, start over.

I didn't get very far the first time. I got much further the second time. By the third time, I made it to the end of the path only losing 1 champ and no item use. I did take a break before fighting Sentinel to make sure I didn't try to fight him with inverted controls.

Use your strongest champs and just practice a bit. I think that's the best bet.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Ægö said:

It's my understanding that psychics in the Marvel Universe aren't immune to psychic tampering, though they tend to be resistant to it with practice. I'm sure some X-Fan can chime in, but I don't know if she's susceptible to telepathic attacks in Diamond Form in the comics, but she certainly can't use them in Diamond form.

As far as the game is concerned, I'm a little surprised that they allowed Robots to be immune to the effects of the Delirium node along with Magneto, Juggernaut, and Unstoppable Colossus. I'm surprised because when Emma was released, players questioned Kabam asking why Robots were susceptible to psychic attacks (inverted controls) due to the fact that they have no brain with which to tamper. Kabam gave a flimsy response and decided to let it stand. Fast forward to the Delirium node and suddenly Robots are immune. Though the other node on that path will reduce robot Ability Accuracy by 70%, so use them at your own risk.

I JUST did that path. I tried using a 4/55 Magneto. His damage just isn't there. It takes far too many hits for him to be a reliable option. My personal recommendation is to get to that path and practice as much as you can with your strongest champs. When your champs are wiped out, start over.

I didn't get very far the first time. I got much further the second time. By the third time, I made it to the end of the path only losing 1 champ and no item use. I did take a break before fighting Sentinel to make sure I didn't try to fight him with inverted controls.

You have a 4/55 Magneto? You’re my hero.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Ægö said:

Stupid 2015 gems
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I got 2 mutant gems from variant. Ended up doing storm and Cy, but mags was my other option.
  • Options
    Sixshot1 said:

Mr Sinister, but he's pretty new so not many have him

Still waiting for him to land on my account.
  • Options
    Stewman said:

V1PER1987 said:

Ægö said:

Stupid 2015 gems
    Still. Could’ve waited for potential buffs or to see if Wolvie is added as a 5*.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

Ægö said:

This looks like the route I am going to have to go as I refuse to rank up Mags or Juggs although I do have 2 Mystic 2015 rank up gems burning in my items. Was saving one for when they make SW available. Already have Magik at 455. Gilly would be the only other one I would consider using one on.

Appreciate all of the info there. Things do seem to get tailored to what they want out of the game at that moment in time... It's just strange that its her signature ability but she can't be used on that specific path. Wasted EP and killing Havok testing that out.
  • Options
    ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    She has been pshyically tampered by jean grey
  • Options
    Clydania said:

She has been pshyically tampered by jean grey

Pshyically tampering is the worst kind of tampering isn't it :P
  • Options
    Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    This was discussed earlier in another post
    Ultimately, Emma is immune to telepathic attacks in diamond form tho it can be bypassed by Phoenix imbued Jean grey (not sure about regular Jean)
  • Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    Honestly, I had mags and juggs, but they aren't ranked up asuch so they do very little damage. I ended up using aegon and just reversing my swipes, ended up crushing without revives.

I also changed up slightly and did all swiping with my left hand so my right could just tap, as usually I use left for defense and right for offense. This helped a lot.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Stewman said:

V1PER1987 said:

Ægö said:

Stupid 2015 gems
    Still. Could’ve waited for potential buffs or to see if Wolvie is added as a 5*.
    Like a Magneto Buff? O.o
  • Options

V1PER1987 said:

Stewman said:

V1PER1987 said:

Ægö said:

Stupid 2015 gems
    Like a Magneto Buff? O.o
    What if it’s a Colossus and DPXF buff? 👀
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    Iceman is not immune to coldsnap, so is emma not immune to telepathic control