**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Are You FTP, A Light Spender, Or A Whale?

Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

Are You FTP, A Light Spender, Or A Whale? 196 votes

FTP
40%
winterthursamalasravanGolden_GuardianxNigCrkwestSligweavileTerraSolrac_2Darkrider05WaynedavyWoody_federabhi7215Monk1Savio444Lt_Magnum_1ShaheerFIazSceptilemaniacAhitlawHendross 79 votes
Light Spender
43%
Darkstar4387sfu_koraxRaganatorCreditzHort4invasian82StewmanMonkey17288adqqedfyvrFeeney234Anurag1606udhabajSundance_2099Bpn88855AlCapone2727RoostahGNASTYJohnyzerohydrogohardSixshot1 86 votes
Whale
6%
CpcBoyboyAndrewkoleHairyslugNiteAndDaecx23433PaytoPlayPrylankBstrawsmaTehsigzorzTankRichardsonArsozChriissRBeardedRukus 13 votes
Other
9%
DrZolaTimone147mostlyharmlessnPlayercytwbcKDoggg2017Vivek_786Star_Lord_Patchie93BahamutPeterQuillMastercrisV1PER1987KickNatherinaHyrumonstergforcefanFjolnirdot_ditto 18 votes

Comments

• Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    FTP
    Wrong one. Light spender.
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Light Spender
    I spend small amounts here and there
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Light Spender
    Patchie93 said:

I have my baby whale moments

Is that different from a light spender? haha
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    FTP
    100% FTP.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,766 ★★★★★
    Light Spender
    I spend if there's a catalyst offer on I think is worth it, or occasionally if there's shards or something I think is worth it.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★
    Other
    Phases. With a Quake who can’t seem to Shake anymore, gates, input drop/lag continuing and a trickle of new & useful champs to my account, the spending spigot is locked off.

Dr. Zola
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Other
    I'm all of the above, in equal parts, during the year.
    I may whale out 2-3 months a year (July 4th, Black Friday, New Year's) IF the offers warrant.
    I may lightly spend 2-3 months a yr on say...a $19.99 Mastery Core Package.
    And the remaining 6-8 months I refuse to reward Kabam's bad behavior by giving them a penny. 🙃🤣🙃
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I used to spend (nothing huge but if something came up I'd buy it) but I haven't spent on this game for over a year and it would have to be a game changing deal for peanuts to make me spend again
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    Other
    was light spender when I first started (pre-Quake release) .. took 2 year vacation .. back as FTP . ;)
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Other
    I used to be a fairly heavy spender, not whale by any means, now I'm a light spender and as the game progressed in ways that I don't find enjoyable. Will be f2p and probably former player very soon.
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Other
    My spending depends on the value and my need for the item(s). For example, I am a sucker for the Marvelous crystals, so I usually whale out on those and 5*AG. I always buy the 4th of July and Xmas offers too.

Other than that, my spending has drastically decreased. The biggest cause of my lack of spending is bad RNG pulls. If Kabam peppered in more recent and/or God tier champs in my pulls, I would spend more as I love ranking up worthy champs, but will NOT spend to rank trash can fires!
  • MastercrisMastercris Posts: 87
    Other
    When the offers contain Units and some additional stuff, I become the biggest whale in the ocean
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    FTP
    FTP to occasional spender. I was becoming light spender, but after evaluating current game's state, went back to FTP
  • cytwbccytwbc Posts: 93
    Other

I'm all of the above, in equal parts, during the year.
    I may whale out 2-3 months a year (July 4th, Black Friday, New Year's) IF the offers warrant.
    I may lightly spend 2-3 months a yr on say...a $19.99 Mastery Core Package.
    And the remaining 6-8 months I refuse to reward Kabam's bad behavior by giving them a penny. 🙃🤣🙃

sounds like me
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Other
    Usually try not to spend. But on Black Friday and July 4th I went big.
  • DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    Light Spender
    I will spend now if it is only unit based. Don’t have the champs for end game and rng has not been kind.
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    FTP
    free to play from beginning to end except for that 1 time I do 1$ for the 4* choice crystal.
  • KickNatherinaKickNatherina Posts: 157
    Other
    I used to be a light spender, but decided to become FTP. I’m saving for large purchases like a house, wedding, more kids..
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Other
    I’ve paid once for the gifting badge years ago...

Other than that one purchase though I’ve been FTP
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Other
    Was a light spender back in the day. Took a break and then came back as F2P for a few months then lightly spent again. Then went F2P for about 6 months, then whaled on some cavalier crystals. So... I guess it just depends.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Light Spender
    I only spend if there is a spectacular value and I have some extra cash, so I don't really spend all that much anymore. Pretty much just on Cyber Monday and July 4
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Light Spender
    Once in a blue moon