**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Corvus not gaining persistent charge against evade champ - Mission 4

Originally I thought Corvus gained a mission just for fighting and beating an evade or auto-block champ but realized you had to finish the fight with a heavy or special attack. Just used Corvus in the daily science quest and after Spider-Man (Miles Morales) evaded me I stunned him and used a heavy attack which finished the fight, then went to the next match up and Corvus still had 0 persistent charges.

Is this a known bug, something new or am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    You’re not supposed to “knock out” an opponent with the heavy or special. You’re supposed to “knock down”, which means you cannot kill him on the hit that knocks him down. That’s why CG didn’t get that evade charge.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Brows said:

Originally I thought Corvus gained a mission just for fighting and beating an evade or auto-block champ but realized you had to finish the fight with a heavy or special attack. Just used Corvus in the daily science quest and after Spider-Man (Miles Morales) evaded me I stunned him and used a heavy attack which finished the fight, then went to the next match up and Corvus still had 0 persistent charges.

Is this a known bug, something new or am I missing something?

This is not the way it works. You cannot end the game with it, you have to knock him down while he is still alive.

Mission 4: Challenge Defenses: Use a Heavy or Special Attack to knock down an opponent that used Evade or Auto-Block in a fight.

If the fight ends before he is considered knocked down you dont get the charge. Unlike the other charges (which require a knock out) you get this one in the middle of the fight and can use it.
  • Options
    RSkwRSkw Posts: 9
    Today I was fighting with Corvus against Spidergwen (Act 5). After she have evaded , I parried and heavy attacked. Corvus gained additional charge, but Spidergwen kept evading. Yes, I was with Proxima synergy. Later in the same fight evasion failed a couple times, but not 100%. Does Spidergwen have additional evade mechanics, or is a bug?
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,171 ★★★★★
    RSkw said:

Today I was fighting with Corvus against Spidergwen (Act 5). After she have evaded , I parried and heavy attacked. Corvus gained additional charge, but Spidergwen kept evading. Yes, I was with Proxima synergy. Later in the same fight evasion failed a couple times, but not 100%. Does Spidergwen have additional evade mechanics, or is a bug?

Spideygwen nullify it. Or just removed it
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    RSkw said:

When spider-gwen is hit by an opponent with a true strike BUFF, she nullifies the buff. True strike passives like those from killmonger are unaffected by spider-gwen
  • Options
    BrowsBrows Posts: 41
    Lormif said:

This is not the way it works. You cannot end the game with it, you have to knock him down while he is still alive.

Mission 4: Challenge Defenses: Use a Heavy or Special Attack to knock down an opponent that used Evade or Auto-Block in a fight.

If the fight ends before he is considered knocked down you dont get the charge. Unlike the other charges (which require a knock out) you get this one in the middle of the fight and can use it.

I thought the other day I did a heavy and didn't knock them out nor did I get the persistent charge but I just tested it and it does work.

Thanks for the clarification.
  • Options
    RSkwRSkw Posts: 9
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    Ya it’s always been that if you kill the target then it doesn’t count towards charges. You will almost never complete this mission on somebody with low hp.
  • Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Thanks for helping to clarify the confusion here, everyone. Going to close this now.
This discussion has been closed.