**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nova flames

Nova flames not being considered an incinerate so no one is immune is just straight BS and bad planning. I mean really guys.

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

Nova flames not being considered an incinerate so no one is immune is just straight BS and bad planning. I mean really guys.

Except you only get nova flames if you are using a mystic (class disadvantage) or champions with energy attacks. This means that pretty much the only incinerate immune champions affect is Mephisto, everyone else is fine unless I a missing their energy attacks.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    In reality super nova is considered the strongest element in space which can melt literally anything in its path
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    Lormif said:

Except you only get nova flames if you are using a mystic (class disadvantage) or champions with energy attacks. This means that pretty much the only incinerate immune champions affect is Mephisto, everyone else is fine unless I a missing their energy attacks.
    I believe voids specials are energy attacks. I assume Iceman's are as well, but I don't know. Havok has some energy in his basic attacks, at least his first medium. Could be a frustrating defender.
  • FieryWaterFieryWater Posts: 51
    Iceman specials are energy attacks, and so Iceman is a **** counter for Human Torch. You use your specials a couple of times and he will place a bunch of Nova Flame Passives on you and kill you.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

Iceman specials are energy attacks, and so Iceman is a **** counter for Human Torch. You use your specials a couple of times and he will place a bunch of Nova Flame Passives on you and kill you.

Human Torch is immune to coldsnap and frostbite so Iceman would be a very bad idea.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Mephisto is not immune to nova flames.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★

It is.

On the other hand, I can't see anything in Human Torch's description saying that he's immune to Nova flames either; so presumably Human Torch also takes damage from them...
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    You guys try AA against HT? He melts him like butter
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★

Well it would be pretty bad if a guy made of ice was a good counter for a guy made of fire
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    If all he had was regular Incinerate, that wouldn't be anything new, really. It would just be a Champ with the same Ability we've seen before.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Mephisto is not immune to nova flames.
    never said he was, I specifically stated he was not.
    Sixshot1 said:

Lormif said:

I believe voids specials are energy attacks. I assume Iceman's are as well, but I don't know. Havok has some energy in his basic attacks, at least his first medium. Could be a frustrating defender.
    true but they could be used as counters, you just dont use their specials unless he does not have incinerate up, meaning they are still a counter to incinerate, you just have to play well.

• Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    True
  • Strikerrx8Strikerrx8 Posts: 1,090 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Nova very strong kills u in secounds
  • RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    i know people are complaining but... ive fought HT a million times using void and NEVER took any incin damage.. what is there to complain about??? hes really not that hard to fight.

his sp1 is a bit tough to fully dodge, but sp2, dodge the first hit block the same dodge the last.
    i havent had any difficulty fighting him except my first few times until i realised i needed to stop blocking the last hit of his specials.
    Belfigor said:

If all he had was regular Incinerate, that wouldn't be anything new, really. It would just be a Champ with the same Ability we've seen before.

and that is what we need, nothing new, it creates imbalance
    power creep is a real thing and kabam ignore it
    It can create imbalance but it can also fix imbalance. never needing more than one champion to counter another ability almost makes the game stagnant.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Manup456 said:

You guys try AA against HT? He melts him like butter

True, but not on the 3.1 HT. He gains temperature while he's bleeding and gains a shoulder every time a bleed expires. He rekt my AA in 3 seconds..
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,044 ★★★★★
    Rulk is cool against him, you get to 10 charges super quick and game over. Ghost slaughters him obviously also
  • SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    I have had the best results with bleed champs like AA and Blade. But they still tend to get hit or incinerates through blocking. Found out hard way not to use any mystic or energy champs. Ouch!!!
    Tried using Hyperion, but for some reason it seems like his sp3 doesn’t do as much damage as it should, even with 4+ fury stacks.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,279 ★★★★★
    Havok works very well against him. His plasma charges build up crazy fast against HT, leading to multiple detonations and L3 fuel, especially if Havok gets a nova flame passive on him. Then it's a race to see who dies first, HT from rapid detonations and DOT or Havok from nova damage.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★

Havok works very well against him. His plasma charges build up crazy fast against HT, leading to multiple detonations and L3 fuel, especially if Havok gets a nova flame passive on him. Then it's a race to see who dies first, HT from rapid detonations and DOT or Havok from nova damage.

Get some charges going and use heavies to rinse him with feedback damage.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Since we are on the subject of "unreasonable" My Blade threw a ninja star at Abomb from clear across the arena and was poisoned??? How can poison be triggered by a distance attack where he never touched him?