**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can someone tell me where the profanity is in this existing alliance description?

crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
So we have a basic alliance description I modify dates on every few weeks. I go to change the date the other day and all of a sudden it can't be saved due to containing profanity.

I add two letters to the end of the existing one and get the same message. So some benign word in there is setting it off, and I'm not even sure where to edit/change it. @Kabam Miike, do you want to give it a read and see what could be triggering that wonderful filter? Not like I have the word hole after glory or some other odd grouping.

It's be nice to update the date so the not so bright ones can give it a read and get it.

Description: (existing one is Mar 28th.tried changing it to April 18th. Cant save it either way.)

HOLDING CRYSTALS & RANKS UNTIL March 28th. We are a somewhat active retired alliance. Participation in easy map 2 AQ is EXPECTED for glory. The rest is optional. We do hold for SA & hit every SA we go for. 8-20% on the last one. 5k limit for off SA's.

Comments

• crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    I'm guessing nobody can find it either. @Kabam Miike, why is the profanity filter so extremely bugged? I think it's a bit over the top. Heck, I have summoner names I can't use because it sets off the filter. This makes no sense, and I don't have the time nor inclination to endlessly edit a perfectly normal description to try and find what specific word viloates your filter, nor should I have to waste my time doing so.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The filter is so sensitive because instead of using "exact" phrases and words, the filter just looks for the word itself, even if you use it in an inoffensive way, such as assassin. There is a way to make it so that the filter only catches the direct word itself, not when it's contained within another word, but in all honesty, if they try and change it at this point, it'll probably cause more issues within the game, than what it's worth.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Oh I've done all sorts of things to circumvent the inane filter. The problem here is this is an EXISTING description that has stood for many many months, and all I do is change the date. I change the date this time, and it says there is profanity. I change the date back to the original date and it says there is profanity. So someone on kabam's side has seen fit in the past month to add some word or word combo to the profanity filter that's in there that I can't decipher.

What's worse is every other time it detects what they think is profanity it asterisks the word or phrase out. But here it just says there's profanity and doesn't let me do squat.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Porthos

Can one of you give the above a read and figure out your recently updated profanity filter? Or go back to the powers that be and ask why it is telling me it's profanity and not just asterisking out the supposedly offensive part???

The filter is just nuts. I can't even end a sentence or before a comma with some sort of good adjective like sweet and then follow with a but after the comma because it thinks I'm congratulating someone on their buns.
  • Hey crogs, I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. So your concerns can be addressed as quickly as possible, I recommend reaching out to our Support Team for assistance. You can contact them by clicking HERE.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to contact our Support Team from within the game, simply click on the gear shaped icon, located in the top left corner of the Home screen. From there, tap the button which says “Support”, then tap the button that says “Need more help? Contact us”.
This discussion has been closed.