**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

It’s unreasonable to max 5* if you can get 6*

2»

Comments

• Options
    SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

gl getting a good 6 star that's worthy of r2 though. I have 9 six stars and none are good enough to rank up. I'm still using all my 5 stars for everything. 6 stars on the bench. In fact, my 5 stars are so good, they will be better than any of the 6 stars I have even if they are r3 or even r4.

They are great for arena, synergies, and especially Variant content. I’ll bet you $5 you have a good 6* for Variant. They are also just plain fun, because you get to play with high ranked champs you normally wouldn’t rank up.
    yeaaaa, noooo. I'm not dumping uber rare resources to rank up a mediocre champion. My 5 stars will do much better than any of my 6 stars. You would have to be really dumb to rank up a mediocre 6 star, just because it's a 6 star, when your 5 stars are thousand times better.

Also, I don't play arena. Don't have any 6 stars with good synergies (and I can also use an unranked 5 star for that). I'm also done with Variant 100% and I didn't use any of my 6 stars, only 5 stars.

I had the same problem with 5 stars, I was still relying on 4 stars to do 100% Act 5. It sucks, but it is what it is. Though I really wish we could just promote champions in stars. It gets really old to keep having to get "a good champion that you can rank" over and over in higher stars. I'm definitely gonna quit the game when 7 stars get released and I get gatekeeped by RNG again.
    Uber rare resources? What? You just need some iso and gold to take your 6* to 1/25. I take all my 6* to 1/25. I’m pretty sure most people do.

My point about them being good for synergies was that they are automatically the equivalent of a 4/55. So, rather than having a useless, low level 5* you’d never rank up along for synergies, they can actually do some damage.

Out of curiosity, what 6* do you have?
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

gl getting a good 6 star that's worthy of r2 though. I have 9 six stars and none are good enough to rank up. I'm still using all my 5 stars for everything. 6 stars on the bench. In fact, my 5 stars are so good, they will be better than any of the 6 stars I have even if they are r3 or even r4.

They are great for arena, synergies, and especially Variant content. I’ll bet you $5 you have a good 6* for Variant. They are also just plain fun, because you get to play with high ranked champs you normally wouldn’t rank up.
    yeaaaa, noooo. I'm not dumping uber rare resources to rank up a mediocre champion. My 5 stars will do much better than any of my 6 stars. You would have to be really dumb to rank up a mediocre 6 star, just because it's a 6 star, when your 5 stars are thousand times better.

Also, I don't play arena. Don't have any 6 stars with good synergies (and I can also use an unranked 5 star for that). I'm also done with Variant 100% and I didn't use any of my 6 stars, only 5 stars.

I had the same problem with 5 stars, I was still relying on 4 stars to do 100% Act 5. It sucks, but it is what it is. Though I really wish we could just promote champions in stars. It gets really old to keep having to get "a good champion that you can rank" over and over in higher stars. I'm definitely gonna quit the game when 7 stars get released and I get gatekeeped by RNG again.
    Uber rare resources? What? You just need some iso and gold to take your 6* to 1/25. I take all my 6* to 1/25. I’m pretty sure most people do.

My point about them being good for synergies was that they are automatically the equivalent of a 4/55. So, rather than having a useless, low level 5* you’d never rank up along for synergies, they can actually do some damage.

The threads main talking point is about using T5b on average 6*s instead of amazing 5*s, of course everyone should atleast take their 6*s to 1/25.
    But anyone who thinks using T5b on say a 6* rocket raccoon instead of 5* spark needs to sit down and rethink
  • Options

LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

The threads main talking point is about using T5b on average 6*s instead of amazing 5*s, of course everyone should atleast take their 6*s to 1/25.
    But anyone who thinks using T5b on say a 6* rocket raccoon instead of 5* spark needs to sit down and rethink
    Agreed. I thought I made that clear? Perhaps I missed something.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    edited April 2019

LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

You missed the fact that we are talking about ranking 6 stars, not levelling them. Taking them up to Rank 2+, using T5B, T2A, etc
  • Options
    LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

LoPresti said:

You missed the fact that we are talking about ranking 6 stars, not levelling them. Taking them up to Rank 2+, using T5B, T2A, etc
    No, I definitely understood that. The OP said there was no reason to rank up anything other than 6*. I disagreed. The conversation meandered slightly.
  • Options

Rank 1 max level 6* = rank 4 max level 5*.
    And the resources needed to rank 2 6* is almost identical to max 5*. But there is huge room for 6* to be ranked up even more.
    So I don’t see any reason to max 5*. Because if you can get 1 6*, certainly you can get more. And spending so much resources for 5* is a waste even if it’s god tier.
    It’s different in the case of 4*. 2 tier 4 class catalyst is not huge. You can easily get them so you can choose to max a 4* if you really love that champ. It’s not same situation with a 5*.

I’m fairly certain I’m on the right page. Ha
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I have a 6* Dare Devil and 5* awakened Blade. Which should I rank up? (This is a no-brainer). If you get lucky with 6* pulls, some may be worth R2, but I haven't pulled any yet. My best 6* is LC, but I have other 5* I would take to R5 before I took him to R2.
  • Options
    SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    Spurgeo14 said:

I have a 6* Dare Devil and 5* awakened Blade. Which should I rank up? (This is a no-brainer). If you get lucky with 6* pulls, some may be worth R2, but I haven't pulled any yet. My best 6* is LC, but I have other 5* I would take to R5 before I took him to R2.

It’s true that no brainer between Blade and Daredevil, or Hyperion and Collosus. But that’s not my point. I talk about your choice between comparable 5* and 6*, in my case it’s between Iceman and Emma Frost. I will not max my Iceman because I find a brighter future with 6* Emma.

Now think about it. You can get a new 6* every 4 months for average mid game players or in end game case it can be even faster. The chance for you to get a good 6* will increase. Once you get a good-great 6*, you will find it hard choice to choose your 5* over him.