**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Season 9 Delayed Why?

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★

Yeah I'm not on board with postponing it to begin with. A bit of lag and people complain, and it's postponed for everyone. I mean, I get the point, and I respect that they did it for people, I'm just not happy about it. We could have still played.

It was more likely to do with the global nodes they are going to introduce. It wasnt pretty.
    Oh? :/
    It’s the absurd number of bugs that make higher tier wars much more difficult than they needs to be that has caused the delays, so whilst it may not affect everyone in the same way as it depends on your war tier, it was the smart/right decision.

The new global buffs arent the reason for this delay, though they did imply they would be delayed because there were a few broken combinations (one that got removed mid beta was “crits give defenders 20% power” and “only deal damage with crits” which, paired with sinister, was pretty much impossible) but they were never due till season 10 at the earliest iirc.
    I understand the reasoning, I just don't like it. There are perfomance issues, but it's not unplayable. We're running AQ just fine. Essentially, everyone is on hold because of some issues that come and go, and aren't the same for all devices. I'm not really on a Podium, I just don't like it. Things are on hold because people may die now and then. Lol.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    It would be nice if Kabaam cleared up the why? But hey why be TRANSPARENT about what is going on with the game?
    It is what it is. I understand the reasoning. I think we could have run it anyway.
    Dtl7714 said:

It would be nice if Kabaam cleared up the why? But hey why be TRANSPARENT about what is going on with the game?

I think the why is apparent. People were asking to put it on hold because of the issues. Which is fair enough, I suppose.
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★

It is what it is. I understand the reasoning. I think we could have run it anyway.

Not with the number of random bugs popping up. It's the best decision they could take to avoid even more backlash than what they've been receiving due to the recent update.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    I really, really, really hope it's because they've found a way to punish/stop tanking.

We just got 70+ points in our war rating due to another tanking alliance... which is pretty much what we've faced all off season. Our war rating has inflated ~400 points.

It's cool. Free 6* and 5* shards.

We're looking forward to the increased challenge season 9 is going to bring us... even though we're more than likely going to be outclassed 90-100% of the season.
  • xXpenxXpen Posts: 24
    @Hamin BG1 will still beat them all :smiley:
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    xXpen said:

@Hamin BG1 will still beat them all :smiley:

Nerf BG1
  • 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    ThaDevil said:

Could we get some info possibly why its delayed, for bug fixes, rewards upgrading since their awful, this game needs another competitive mode cause its getting so boring with almost pvp activity only AW which is in shambles, my spending is done cause what is the point of rushing to build up roster, to do more arenas or same ole AQ fights everyday. Can we get some real action.

• Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★

Dtl7714 said:

I think the why is apparent. People were asking to put it on hold because of the issues. Which is fair enough, I suppose.
    The why is not apparent. Bugs, tanking, potential backlash about harder maps. Multiple reasons. They delayed it for a reason. Would it really be that big a deal to say "hey guys sorry for the delay but it needed to happen because of ...................". Wouldnt have required much added to their official delayed comment. But, hey, why keep us informed about the game other than where on a need to know basis and right now we dont need to know which is the opposite of transparent.