**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Broken War Rating

DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
Hey not sure if this is connected with the delayed war season start or what, but our last win, instead of taking us UP 70 in War rating took us DOWN like 200 points and dropped our war tier, where we’re now in the noob map instead of the regular map.
There’s no reason a war win should drop our rating and map.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,602 Guardian
    edited April 2019
    That's the War rating of your opponent you faced that war, not your own War Rating. (and fyi, I think it is their rating after being adjusted for the win/loss of your particular war with them (?), as opposed to that alliance's actual current rating many wars later or the rating they had going into you War with them)
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★

That's the War rating of your opponent you faced that war, not your own War Rating. (and fyi, I think it is their rating after being adjusted for the win/loss of your particular war with them (?), as opposed to that alliance's actual current rating many wars later or the rating they had going into you War with them)

Maybe I’m confused about who’s rating is who’s, but the fact of the matter is: we won and dropped maps. That makes zero sense
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    A War rating drop of that much means someone in got you popped for cheating during the war, account sharing/ pioliting, and or hacking during the war
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    DukeZman said:

Maybe I’m confused about who’s rating is who’s, but the fact of the matter is: we won and dropped maps. That makes zero sense
    if yu fight someone across maps I think it is random whose map you get
  • There is no big drop there in pic. Those are WR for 2 different alliances, and it calculates out pretty well...

(1) Let’s assume both teams at the start of the 2nd to last war were both around 1261, so the opponent winning that war would have increased their WR to 1317 (1261+56).
    (2) And thus his own team went DOWN by the same 56 to 1205 (1261-56). This would be their WR entering last war.
    (3) And then assume last war was once again matched against a similar WR of what is now 1205. This time his team won and raised their WR. But opponent who lost had their WR lowered by 70, becoming 1135.
    (4) That's not too far off from the 1116 shown for the opponent's new WR in pic.

As to fighting on lower Tier map, depends on who you’re matched up against, if you are close to a Tier boundary but matched against someone just on the other side of that Tier boundary, etc.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DukeZman said:

Ever since they switched to the new enrollment match making system, the map selection has been doing weird things. In the past, you could get a map different from your own tier if you matched against someone from a different tier (because war rating was very close, but you were on opposite sides of the tier boundary). But now, you can get the map for your previous tier even after you go up a tier, and then you can drop back down to your original tier with a loss but still get the map for the higher tier. Sometimes you can get the map for the higher tier without ever being in that tier, and without your opponent being in that tier.