**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What do I need for Magik ?

RaveNNRaveNN Posts: 174
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I have a 5* 2/35 magik, gonna take her to rank 3 soon as I can, but can someone tell me why does she seem "weak" in my team ? Do I need specific masteries for her to destroy everything or its because of her power control that she´s god tier and not her damage ?

+ her power index seems low... its only 3938

Comments

• Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    She is hands down the best power control champ in the game. Only ones who come close are Nebula, and Psylocke. And with those you need a setup of events to do.

One could argue for DV but again you need things to happen for all that.

You don’t really NEED specific masteries for her to function correctly.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Her power control & limbo are what make her an awesome champ. Her sp3 vs opponent with lots of buffs is also great.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,187 ★★★★★
    And yes it not he danmged output ther make he god
  • Options
    B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★

She is hands down the best power control champ in the game. Only ones who come close are Nebula, and Psylocke. And with those you need a setup of events to do.

One could argue for DV but again you need things to happen for all that.

You don’t really NEED specific masteries for her to function correctly.

DV is second to magik. I wouldn’t say psylocke or nebula are even close. They are more in the range of doc oc. Also forgot Dorm. Great power control champ. Just hits like a pillow.
  • Options
    jkcjmijijkcjmiji Posts: 283
    @RaveNN MD mastery can help, but i can't say that you absolutely NEED the mastery for her to be good cuz even without it she is still the goddess of Power control but i think with a few points in MD can make her better.
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Never base a champ off the power index
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    Hawkeye is pretty good at power control as well and only needs one bar so useful on specific nodes where Magik can't get to two bars.
  • Options
    RaveNNRaveNN Posts: 174
    I got a mystic awakening gem and was considering giving it to magik or doctor voodoo
  • Options
    DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Dshu said:

Never base a champ off the power index

I hate that prestige is a thing. I used to think that was the determining factory of which champ was better .
    I always tell people unless you are planning to run with a top 50 alliance prestige isn't that important. For the most part the top prestige champs in the game are mediocre at best for game content. Anymore pi of champs is only good for telling whether someone has a decent mastery setup