**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Degen not activating willpower mastery

I was playing Act 5.1.1 when I first noticed this bug, in That chapter you gain 300% attack but also suffer from a constant degen. So I thought maybe gobal nodes don’t interact with your masteries so I tested it in a duel against an awakened Dormammu and the same thing occurred no counter regen against his degen. Also sent a help ticket about this and got response back telling me how the willpower mastery works and how I can change the set up of my masteries, no acknowledgment of the issue that degen isn’t registering as a debuff. I tested mostly all other debuffs and willpower triggers for them so it’s not the mastery.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Its debuff vs passive effects. Willpower works for debuffs, not passives.
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    Degen is a passive and not a debuff , so willpower will not work !?
  • Darui_7Darui_7 Posts: 9
    Doesn’t matter if it’s passive, it is still a debuff
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Darui_7 said:

Doesn’t matter if it’s passive, it is still a debuff

Doesn’t matter what you think. It’s a passive and won’t trigger willpower.
    Active and passive only describe buffs or debuffs
    Darui_7 said:

Active and passive only describe buffs or debuffs

Active and passive describe effects. a better way to understand it is active = buffs or debuffs, passive = effects
    @Primmer79 when you have the Hemidall and Angela synergy you get a passive fury and fury is a buff correct?
    Darui_7 said:

@Primmer79 when you have the Hemidall and Angela synergy you get a passive fury and fury is a buff correct?

I had to test this to double check. When I use that synergy I do not get a passive fury. I get a fury buff.
    Kabam I think needs to clearly define these terms because effects are anything that happens which would include buffs and debuffs. Buffs are anything the helps your champ and debuffs are anything that hurts your champ. That is my understanding of these terms.
    Darui_7 said:

Kabam I think needs to clearly define these terms because effects are anything that happens which would include buffs and debuffs. Buffs are anything the helps your champ and debuffs are anything that hurts your champ. That is my understanding of these terms.

There is more to it, but a passive does not have a white ring around it. A buff/debuff does.

Some examples of passive effects - dorm degen, magik limbo, most (all?) evade.

@will-o-wisp likes this subject, while I disagree with how he explains sometimes, he does understand it better than most.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    They have buffs and debuffs have a white border around them passive effects do not
    @Primmer79 okay that’s helpful. But now here is my problem effects can be countered with ability accuracy effects but ability accuracy effects don’t do anything against nodes that Kabam makes and there aren’t any degen immune champs so willpower would have been the only counter to this type of degen if Kabam is all about game balance why is there no counter to this?
    Darui_7 said:

@Primmer79 okay that’s helpful. But now here is my problem effects can be countered with ability accuracy effects but ability accuracy effects don’t do anything against nodes that Kabam makes and there aren’t any degen immune champs so willpower would have been the only counter to this type of degen if Kabam is all about game balance why is there no counter to this?

There is a counter to this. Hulk Ragnarok specifically counters passive degen
    @Primmer79 Thanks for the info. Just one champ? That is still very unbalanced.
    Darui_7 said:

@Primmer79 Thanks for the info. Just one champ? That is still very unbalanced.

I don't disagree. There has always been a lack of a direct counter to degen. There are other, partial, counters, just by being able to regen. Magik tends to be good for this at a high sig, and ghost rider is also good for this.