Alliance War Season Rewards for Season 13 have now been distributed. Compensation for individual Wars will be sent later today (Nov 20). You can leave your alliance and still receive the individual Wars Compensation. We are also investigating an issue with Champions stuck in AQ. At the moment Days 1-4 of Honor Rewards have been paid out, Day 5 and full Rewards are still coming!

Nick Fury vs Masochism/Buffet

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,488 ★★★★★

It's relevant because it's a) working as intended, and b) just a piece of text that hasn't been updated to reflect Champs with newer Abilities.

a) As I’ve said many times, the only indication non-forum users have of intent is the description. These descriptions were essentially identical but are treated differently. That lack of consistency can make it hard for users to understand and trust Kabam.

b) This doesn’t have much to do with new champs. It’s just faulty text/faulty functioning.
    a) The issue has reemerged because Nick Fury was fixed and people were unhappy about it. It's been brought up before and explained that it's how it's intended to perform. All this does is perpetuate the misconception that there is a contradiction here.
    b) It has everything to do with new Champs. They couldn't include that in the Description if Champs that applied multiple in one instance never existed at that time.
  • UmbertoDelRioUmbertoDelRio Posts: 2,663 ★★★★★
    edited May 22

It's relevant because it's a) working as intended, and b) just a piece of text that hasn't been updated to reflect Champs with newer Abilities.

a) As I’ve said many times, the only indication non-forum users have of intent is the description. These descriptions were essentially identical but are treated differently. That lack of consistency can make it hard for users to understand and trust Kabam.

b) This doesn’t have much to do with new champs. It’s just faulty text/faulty functioning.
    a) The issue has reemerged because Nick Fury was fixed and people were unhappy about it. It's been brought up before and explained that it's how it's intended to perform. All this does is perpetuate the misconception that there is a contradiction here.
    b) It has everything to do with new Champs. They couldn't include that in the Description if Champs that applied multiple in one instance never existed at that time.
    a) You call it a “fix” for Nick Fury. Why was it a fix? Because it wasn’t working as described. The same would go for Buffet/Masochism/King Groot, but those aren’t being changed.

b) I’m saying that Buffet/Masochism not functioning as described has nothing to do with any champion. It has to do with functionality. That functionality affects certain new champions, but it’s about the node, not the new champs.
    It was fixed, because it was not working as INTENDED. People already tried to tell you that and you still sit on your weak point of two sentences sharing not even 50% of the same words being "essentially identical".
    Even besides the wording of buffet/masochism definitely making sense, as I've tried to explain to you several times by now, the wording is completely irrelevant when it comes to the intent, which is in the end the only important factor.

The way you're acting as if no one countered your points so far seems extremely deliberate. You even acknowledged how you completely misunderstood what I said, without actually bringing that in contezt with your own points of course, and now you again sit on the idea of the descriptions being "exactly the same", which is exactly wrong.

What kind of a circus even is this?

Edit:

You can flag this comment as well, if you feel like I did a meany to you again. lol
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,150 ★★★★★

Haji_Saab said:

Intended IS what actually matters.

Do you not see how this could be an issue? Two things are described the same way, and then Kabam determines that they function differently. I am one of the people who refused to call the Nick Fury fix a “nerf” because it was technically a bug. But if Kabam is just going to redefine identical functions to be completely different, how can we trust that any given ability won’t be nerfed by a “fix” in description or functionality? I’m all for bug fixes, but if identical descriptions are treated differently, we as a player base have no way of knowing what else could be changed.

Do you want Kabam to put an "s" in the description?
    I want the description to match functionality. If that means changing singular terms to plural by adding an “s”, then the answer would be yes. You can diminish my argument all you want but it’s a legitimate concern.

I am not diminishing anything but essentially that is your demand. As you just said in the post above this that they need to use plurals. If you had said that out of the gate, most people would have actually supported your demand.

I think people perceived this thread as you asking Masochism / buffet to change to match NF or vice versa, which is not going to happen.