**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance Wars offseason is an embarrassment

New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
Although, I know it's a part of the strategy, but off seasons war, everyone is trying to lose.

It's kinda lame. I see 1* in defense. People try to lose as much as possible, force quit fights, don't even join, don't even place.

Total waste of time and most every alliance is doing it to.

Comments

• The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    What's the point of it?
    I get the idea, drop rating to get easier matches at the start of war but if everyones doing it you'll get the same match anyway
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    jUsT enJoY tHe fReE shArDZ
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    LoPresti said:

jUsT enJoY tHe fReE shArDZ

I guess what I'm saying that it's silly. Right now, we are in a war...They placed 1* and 2*. They are trying to get as much deaths as possible. So far, they have 3 kills and 7 deaths... It's just so silly. Wasn't meant to be this way.

Even look at the winners of AW last season. They are tanking. Such a joke.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    It's not "free Shards". You get Shards for the Win, then steamrolled by stronger Allies which shouldn't be that low, when Seasons start, costing you potential Shards from Wins and Season Points for the larger Rewards.
    Honesty, some people try to sell Magic Beans.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    The_One said:

What's the point of it?
    I get the idea, drop rating to get easier matches at the start of war but if everyones doing it you'll get the same match anyway

If u don’t then u will face higher tier alliances . It doesn’t matter at your tier but it is the difference in finishing plat 1 vs plat 3
    If people have to manipulate the system and ambush others just to get ahead, then they shouldn't be getting ahead.
  • TheDude1973TheDude1973 Posts: 49
    What would actually solve this is creating an average Top 8 champs total for each alliance, rather than looking at the average members totals. You only use 8 champs in AW, the rest are moot.
    It is a real shame.
    Having to face teams in the beginning of the season with 14,000 pt Offensive players, is crushing.
    Until this is implemented, the alliances without honor and integrity will continue to benefit from the flawed matchmaking system.

Nuff Said
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I know tanking happens but honestly i’ve Only run into one tanking alliance... at least obviously tanking since season started. (I’m G1 t-5) something funky is going on though. Maybe Because map seven was released and cost of 6 reduced, war seems to have taken a backseat... all of our opponents when our rating is around 1900 are pretty tough and give up few deaths. Then when we are at 2100+ our opponents seem easier. Same tier, same average alliance rating, same average prestige. I don’t know exactly what’s going on but it seems like the high skill alliances are maybe just not using items and boosting anymore and taking the loss leaving pay to win to advance...? No clue but it all seems counterintuitive.
    @WiMak Unfortunately I've run into it far too often and then gotten smeared by the very same teams once the season began.
    I even called the other alliance out in The War Room, in an effort to make them lose their cool and beat us.
    I told them that they were ruining the game, and they had less than zero integrity and honor.
    But they held steadfast to their plan.
    It was a disgrace!
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    An easy fix would be to make it where ratings freeze in the off-season therefore they don't change weather you win or lose.

An easy fix would be to make it where ratings freeze in the off-season therefore they don't change weather you win or lose.

That, or separate the two. Seasons progress separated from Off-Season somehow.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    Everyone can do it. Nothing stopping you from doing the same strategy
    Mjolinar said:

Look up the definitions of honor and integrity.
    Everyone can steal from others, as well.
    So I guess there's nothing stopping anyone from using the same strategy!
    Ever heard of fair play?
    Drooped2 said:

Mjolinar said:

Ever heard of fair play?
    I have fair play is following the rules. Until a rule exists this is fair play
    Ethical behavior isn't necessarily based on following written rules!
    If you really are under the impression that this is an example of fair play, I weep for you, and those who also use this twisted and demented logic.
    Rules and laws are written to address the extremes, the absolute worst you can do.
    If you need rules written out to guide your behavior, you're already way off the reservation.
    Win by any means necessary, right?
    Keep on destroying the game for those who respect the community at large!
    Stop being a part of the problem and act like a real hero!
    Or continue to rationalize your complete and total lack of honor and integrity!
    You have free will, make your choices and hopefully you will deal with their ramifications!
    I hope you don't end up on the wrong end of the stick.

It is sad that you don't have any confidence in your alliance, and feel the need to practice this behavior so you can compete.
    But hey, I guess everyone is doing it, right?

I have enough confidence in my alliance. I don't feel the need to act dishonorably. And make no mistake, you and your ilk are all guilty of doing that.

I can act holier than thou, because clearly I am!
    There's no rule about you not liking me or my beliefs. So hate away!
    Though I wonder who it is that you really hate?
    @Drooped2 I have great respect for the fact that your alliance doesn't tank wars.

And the last thing you need to do is explain to me anything about actual war! Though I agree with everything you just said regarding it. Every second lives lay in the balance! You can't purchase a revive and a heal doesn't work that way, as I'm sure you know!

But this is not actual war, this is in fact a game. And an escape and means of fun for many people.
    One doesn't have to sacrifice their honor and integrity, in order to win at all costs in the Battlerealm.

Unlike actual war, I don't think I need to remind you, your fighters are all still available for the next battle.
    It should never go without saying, Thank you for your service and sacrifice!
    @Drooped2 I think those are great and really original ideas, but of course you're 100% right about them never implementing them.
    Everything that's not nailed down is for sale, and at very reasonable prices! ;)
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    some even don't place final boss as well as those linked nodes
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mjolinar said:

Ever heard of fair play?
    If you really are under the impression that this is an example of fair play, I weep for you, and those who also use this twisted and demented logic.
    Rules and laws are written to address the extremes, the absolute worst you can do.
    If you need rules written out to guide your behavior, you're already way off the reservation.
    You have free will, make your choices and hopefully you will deal with their ramifications!

It is sad that you don't have any confidence in your alliance, and feel the need to practice this behavior so you can compete.

I have enough confidence in my alliance. I don't feel the need to act dishonorably. And make no mistake, you and your ilk are all guilty of doing that.

First of all my ally doesnt tank we just dont play war in the offseason at all..
    I've been to actual war you win at all costs or die.

Just to be clear, that's not Tanking. Tanking involves running Wars with the intention of losing to lower Ratings. Not running Wars in the Off is a reasonable choice.
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Mjolinar said:

Ever heard of fair play?

First of all my ally doesnt tank we just dont play war in the offseason at all..
    I've been to actual war you win at all costs or die.

Just to be clear, that's not Tanking. Tanking involves running Wars with the intention of losing to lower Ratings. Not running Wars in the Off is a reasonable choice.
    Agreed we try and do 1 bg sometimes but honestly finding 10 of us wanting to war is getting harder so we skip most wars.

If we cant find 9 members to *sign up* we dont enlist
    Fair enough. Seasons are intense. It's not unreasonable to use the off-time for a break. What I don't support is manipulating the Matchmaking just to steal Points from weaker Allies.