**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Kabam’s Questionable Drop Rates

LordGenesisLordGenesis Posts: 292 ★★★
Ever since Kabam was forced to release the drop rates for all crystals, we now have something to consider when making a decision about whether or not to purchase crystals. It’s great, because now we know that there are specific chances for specific crystals, rather than buying one and not knowing the drop rates.

However, I couldn’t help but notice that after the update for the drop rates, many Summoners, including me, began to pull more 4*s from PHCs. I had a feeling that, since Kabam were forced to release the DR, they bugged them slightly so that they wouldn’t look like a joke when players found out that the chance to get a 4* had been 0.1% for the past few years. Had it not been for the new regulations, those DR would never have changed.

...And this brings me to my main concern. Kabam have reiterated that the chance to pull a specific champion is equal in a crystal like a 5* crystal. That’s great and all, but I don’t like the way drop rates are displayed on the gold crystals. Currently, they state ‘100% for gold’, and I think to myself: ‘Well, duh?’ The point is, I think they should list the precise chances to get a specific quantity of gold, since you sometimes get 2,400 or 10,000. Basically, I’m complaining because it’s like giving someone a biased dice and saying: “If you roll this dice, there is a 100% chance of getting a number!”

Just been something on my mind lately. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• TsoderbeTsoderbe Posts: 32
    You have to think of the drop rates in terms of the likelihood to get what the crystal has available to it, not in it. So, if you get one of the crappiest crystals, PHC or GM crystal, you get the percentage of a chance to get a certain type (2*-5* depending on the crystal), but it doesn't have to include what your chances are to get what you might even care about. Same goes for gold. In a gold crystal, what chance do you have to get gold? 100%. But what chance do you have to get the highest amount? Well, they don't have to say that. Which also means they do NOT have to make it fair or available properly. Every company that does pay to play will do everything they can to secure their money. Never forget that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    I bet they ran out of tinfoil at your supermarket with you huh.....Nothing anyone of sound mind can say that would make a difference here since real logic doesn't exist in this thread.

To touch on the gold crystals, they aren't required to show individual reward rates. Just like the champions in crystals, drop rates are equal across the board unless stated other wise.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★

My thoughts are no matter what they post, the conspiracy surrounding those Crystals will never die. In fact, I made that point a long time ago.

Unless you are a programmer or developer from Kabam, you really don't know if they implemented true RNG.

That's a never-ending argument. Asking unanswerable questions does not make a conspiracy true. I've made this point many times when the subject of Drop Rates was brought up. People who are suspicious are not going to believe the Rates posted either way.
    However, we do have the ability to examine the results over many pulls, and the Rates that have been posted have been consistent with what they have shared. Players have been analyzing their own drops for a long time, and there is no evidence to suggest any deception.
    Fact of the matter is, the Drop Rates are as posted, and regardless of whether people believe them or not, that doesn't make them untrue.
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    What I think is funny is that we earn our way to the cavalier crystal and it wasn't an easy road and they give us this awesome cavalier crystal that is supposed to be better but it is not. Why are level 1 potions and level 1 revives in this crystal. For what we have spent and done to get here it is not loyal to your fans to Upgrade the crystal with more level 1 potion drops. If these were percentage based (which they should be) than I would understand because the crystal would scale.

Level 1 potions only benefit newbies so why are they even in the cavalier crystal anymore. It is sad. A level 1 potion gives my 5* 5/5 maxed blade 1.37% of my health back. I would need 70 of those bad boys to get him back to 100% if he was at 1% health. It is laughable Kabam.

@Kabam Miike
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    ThaDevil said:

When they say 5% chance to get a 5* champ they are right there is a 5% chance to get one, they fail to say there is a 90% chance you will get a.champ in the garbage bracket and a much smaller chance you will get a desired champ, its smoke and mirrors. More manipulation.

Dude.... You need to stop watching InfoWars or Prof Hof.

The amount of trash champions compared to those that arw desired is huge. Hence why you seem to think you pull them more often.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,034 ★★★★★

ThaDevil said:

When they say 5% chance to get a 5* champ they are right there is a 5% chance to get one, they fail to say there is a 90% chance you will get a.champ in the garbage bracket and a much smaller chance you will get a desired champ, its smoke and mirrors. More manipulation.

Dude.... You need to stop watching InfoWars or Prof Hof.

The amount of trash champions compared to those that arw desired is huge. Hence why you seem to think you pull them more often.
    good advice
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Hero crystal conspiracy aside, the gold crystal question seemed like a legitimate question to me, that no one has really given a solid answer to that I can tell. I don't think it would be unreasonable to list the chance for each amount.. personally.
  • KarnageKarnage Posts: 152 ★★
    The drop rates are a joke, theres no point looking at them. Starky has a 3% chance to evade attacks and can pull off an evade 2-3 times in a row when fighting him. But go for a crystal with a drop rate of 5 or 10% and you can open 30 and not get what you want....
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    The percentages in this game are not to be trusted
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340

The percentages in this game are not to be trusted

my latest crystal experience...
    opened 10 cavalier crystals with an 11% chance for a 5* and got none...so that's fair i only had a 1 in 9 chance.
    right after i opened 10 greater last stand crystals which have a 9% chance for gold and 3 pulled gold...so with a 1 in 11 chance i hit the s**t pull of gold 3 times
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★
    If Kabam was lying about their drop rates they'd be committing fraud. Not only would they be committing a crime, they'd also be documenting and recording every instance of that crime.

The risk of getting caught far outweighs any benefit they get from inflating the drop rates.

• RogerRabs said:

If Kabam was lying about their drop rates they'd be committing fraud. Not only would they be committing a crime, they'd also be documenting and recording every instance of that crime.

The risk of getting caught far outweighs any benefit they get from inflating the drop rates.

This right here. There is absolutely no benefit for us to lie about these. We also don't want to deceive you guys in any way or form. You get to make educated decisions on where you spend your resources, and we want to help you do that.

The Drop Rates are correct, and there is no conspiracy y here.
This discussion has been closed.