**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Green Goblin as a Tech Champion [Merged Threads]

12346»

Comments

• nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    The reason I bring up 12 is because nerfs are never good. People are pleading for a clear cut counter to the insane amount of mystics in war. This is due to mystics having the best class mastery. I don't want to see md ever get messed with. Introducing fun new science classes with the tools to counter mystics would lead to more diverse war defenses and would be a nice way of showing they understand many people's frustrations. Gg seems like just another missed opportunity. That being said I get why he's tech. It truly does make the most sense. Maybe they could simply make the science mastery more useful.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    They planned changes. People voiced their concerns. They apologized for changing too much, too fast. They revisited some of it. Communication was the big win in that. Not some kind of leverage whenever people aren't happy about something.
  • MoeDur23MoeDur23 Posts: 46
    My only problem here is 90% of last few new champs have been tech. GG could go either way, tech or science. With so many techs, just tip the scales a bit and make him science would have seemed to be more sound logic. No one would have argued or batted an eye about him being science. The development team doesn't buy champs...we do...
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    I don't know if anyone's noticed but the new meta is that classes come in waves. It's been this way for well over a year now. When Civil War came out we got waves of skill champs. Then with Doctor Strange waves of mystics. Then waves of mutants. And this year with GOTGv2 and Homecoming waves of techs. Maybe it's to discourage folks from flooding the beginner bracket with alt accounts I don't know. But that's the way it's been.

As someone correctly pointed out Science used to be the most populous class in the game. I'm sure at some point we'll get a wave of Science. I know I give Kabam **** but I really don't think they're not releasing science in order to keep mystic class top dog. I mean case in point - Quake - probably one of the best science champs - shouldn't have even been science - she should've been cosmic since she's Inhuman in the show. So that kind of shoots that argument in the foot I think.
  • FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    I ALSO think this summer's surge of tech is warranted in order to not only bring it up to other classes, but also to take it beyond them, so that tech won't have to be messed with for awhile and other classes can be enhanced without tech perpetually playing catch-up.

This. Right here. Tech has been behind for a very long time now, even longer than it's been since a new Science champ! And there's no point in bringing Tech up to par, only to let it fade again as soon as they start releasing new champs of other classes. They have to bring it up slightly higher than the others, so that it can be stable while the other classes start getting *their* due attention.
  • LuisdontcareLuisdontcare Posts: 5
    With a signature ability as bag of tricks I don't see the science in that. we can agree some hero's have multiple attributes so this goblin signature ability would represent this champ well
  • LuisdontcareLuisdontcare Posts: 5
    As a tech sorry to disagree
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Although Green Goblin is a Tech champion, he will feature a very exclusive counter against Mystic Dispersion and any sort of Power Gain over time. For example, his Cunning Power Manipulation will also lower the amount of Power that Mystic Champions get from Mystic Dispersion.

Green Goblin also takes advantage of his Super Bomb to deal a lot of damage in a short period of time, just like other Tech Champions with Armor Breaks."

More information on his abilities will be available when his spotlight is revealed. I hope this sheds more of a light on the reasoning behind this choice, and why he didn't quite fit with the Science class.

@Kabam Miike It's cool that you are acknowledging mystic dispersion counters and trying to make champions who would be specific counters to it (I think that's the better way to go rather than nerf mystic dispersion/dexterity), but don't you think the best counter to overpowered mystic defenders should be a science champion? I know it may not fit with the "class theme" of science champions not having any power manipulation but I think those guidelines don't fit with today's meta.

The game needs science champions who can be natural counters to mystic defenders. It seems you guys were going that route with green goblin but you forgot to make him science. To make science a counter to mainly mystics and not every other class too, utilize class advantage/disadvantage in abilities such as Spiderman Stark where cosmics will shut down his auto-evade. Those type of mechanics are great.
  • SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    CammonRo wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone's noticed but the new meta is that classes come in waves. It's been this way for well over a year now. When Civil War came out we got waves of skill champs. Then with Doctor Strange waves of mystics. Then waves of mutants. And this year with GOTGv2 and Homecoming waves of techs. Maybe it's to discourage folks from flooding the beginner bracket with alt accounts I don't know. But that's the way it's been.

As someone correctly pointed out Science used to be the most populous class in the game. I'm sure at some point we'll get a wave of Science. I know I give Kabam **** but I really don't think they're not releasing science in order to keep mystic class top dog. I mean case in point - Quake - probably one of the best science champs - shouldn't have even been science - she should've been cosmic since she's Inhuman in the show. So that kind of shoots that argument in the foot I think.

I'd argue this is because they are tied to event quests which feature characters from their respective storylines. So, for example a lot of the characters in the Spiderverse would be science, but a lot of the characters from X-men are all undeniably going to be mutant.

Same thing with Dr. Strange, pretty much every character in his story lines has mystic ability.

That does create problems though if there are no new additions to a class for a very long time because the right event doesn't come along.

Personally I don't mind Green Goblin being Tech, but I always would have thought he was science before they announced that he wasn't. They list power control as a reason, but then again there are power control champions who are not tech. A lot of the rules they originally put forth for what each class stands for has been broken at this point.

Good point about Quake though, no idea why she's science.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    green goblin is green.. so hes science LOL
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    He could at least be like karnak at take science and tech cats to rank up. There have been too many recently released tech champs to keep up with resources to rank them up. There hasn't been a new science champ since quake, but lots of other classes. It's hard enough to keep up with all the mystics, now it will be a tough decision on which tech you chose to rank. 2-3 in a row is ok, but 7 straight techs is just too much.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Can't have a top tier science champ to kill all those AW bosses or Dormy in AQ. What do you expect from a scummy company like KABAM?

I don't get all the comments about protecting the mystic champs. GG may not be science and may not have the class advantage but it sounds like he is a real counter to mystic dispersion and power gain. People have been crying for nerfs for these every day. Kabam gives you a champ who essentially nerfs both and all there is is more complaining. I am far from a Kabam apologist but the community complaining is over the top. I'm not sure there is anything Kabam could do that wouldn't generate lots of complaints. If they gave everyone a 5* generic gem right now, some people would complain that they had to dupe their featured champ the hard way. I think GG should have been science but he also makes sense as tech. Stop it.
  • AlexVanDamme81AlexVanDamme81 Posts: 83
    Guys is useless talk and complain. Kabam take decision whit his criteria and he haven't interest of our opinion.
    1 year just one science and just one skill hero. A lot of mutants, a lot of mystic and now a lot of tech.
    Our skill and science items are garbage useless.
    Goblin is science hero. Stop. Don't care his suit because the same for Falcon but he still skill. Punisher2099 is skill hero but the choose was tech only for the suit. A hero like Falcon whit tech suit is skill and heroes like Goblin and Punisher2099 are tech??? No logic ma this is kabam choose.
    We can still keep our skill/science items and See be old and useless.

Very mad buy a 5s awakening jem for 110€ and find a Science jem.
  • AlexMiloAlexMilo Posts: 57
    edited August 2017
    Alright everybody, I just talked to the designers about this. In addition to the fact that his entire fighting style is powered by Oscorp Technologies, his abilities are heavily based on the Tech Class. This is what the team had to say:

"Green Goblin will have one of the most reliable Power manipulation abilities in the game, which matches with Tech champions since Mutant Champions rely pretty heavily on their Special Attacks for a lot of their abilities. Players will be able to take advantage of Collar Tech and Green Goblin's Special 1 to pretty much lock the opponent from getting Power.

Although Green Goblin is a Tech champion, he will feature a very exclusive counter against Mystic Dispersion and any sort of Power Gain over time. For example, his Cunning Power Manipulation will also lower the amount of Power that Mystic Champions get from Mystic Dispersion.

Green Goblin also takes advantage of his Super Bomb to deal a lot of damage in a short period of time, just like other Tech Champions with Armor Breaks."

More information on his abilities will be available when his spotlight is revealed. I hope this sheds more of a light on the reasoning behind this choice, and why he didn't quite fit with the Science class.

I’m sorry but that’s a nonsense excuse. Every class relies on their specials. If any, mystics relies more on their specials than mutants, since they mostly need their specials to cause debuffs, many mutants can do without. But going by what you’re saying here, Hawkeye needs to be tech as well because his arrows utilizes technology to cause power drain (exactly as Goblin) that has nothing to do with skill.
    Now you haven’t really showed us Goblin officially yet, but it sounds like he relies a lot on his bombs that are filled with chemicals, which are based on science and not technology.

I know I’m kinda finger pointing here, but to me it really feels like you secretly want to do 1 of 2 things (or both):
    1. Steering your players away from ranking SL, to increase difficulty of endgame content.
    2. Making him tech instead science to decrease his advantage over mystic champions.
  • Horrible decision not to have green goblin and doc Oct science class. Just flooding the tech class with new champs. What about those with resources saved for other classes? It's already terrible that the champs are so random you can spend way too much time waiting for a champ you need to move past certain game content.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    JJW wrote: »
    mkqppx8o62yb.png

Kabam, your bio for Green Goblin says his principle enhancement is the serum he took.

So,
    Serum =/= Science?
    Serum == Technology?

Well, if he was making use of the Serum's abilities while fighting, then making him a Science Champ would make more sense. As we have stated before, his method of fighting does not take advantage of his Serum, but of the Oscorp technology. This is just one of the reasons that he is a Tech Champion.

Oh miike how wrong you guys are, his cunning an madness are a direct result of his serum an obviously play a huge role for him, so how could he not be science
  • So it's official, no science champ this month. I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say don't expect one next month either. So that will make it more than a year since the last science champ.
  • NonuNonu Posts: 28
    Green Goblin got his powers by taking the Goblin serum similar to how Captain America did and Doctor Octopus got his powers due to exposure to atomic radiation which grants him control over his tentacle arms similar how Hulk did
    Both should've been Science champions.
  • nebneb Posts: 453 ★★★
    How come so many people hop on these forums to make the same point that's already been made 100 times before. Just click agree. It's almost like people spend no time reading posts. Hypocritical considering they accuse the mods of doing just that.
  • TrendlyFynnTrendlyFynn Posts: 35
    so is it confirmed, that science is now one of the weakest classes... especially in the end game setting?
  • AlexMiloAlexMilo Posts: 57
    Alright everybody, I just talked to the designers about this. In addition to the fact that his entire fighting style is powered by Oscorp Technologies, his abilities are heavily based on the Tech Class. This is what the team had to say:

"Green Goblin will have one of the most reliable Power manipulation abilities in the game, which matches with Tech champions since Mutant Champions rely pretty heavily on their Special Attacks for a lot of their abilities. Players will be able to take advantage of Collar Tech and Green Goblin's Special 1 to pretty much lock the opponent from getting Power.

I’m sorry but that’s a nonsense excuse. Every class relies on their specials. If any, mystics relies more on their specials than mutants, since they mostly need their specials to cause debuffs, many mutants can do without. But going by what you’re saying here, Hawkeye needs to be tech as well because his arrows utilizes technology to cause power drain (exactly as Goblin) that has nothing to do with skill.
    Now you haven’t really showed us Goblin officially yet, but it sounds like he relies a lot on his bombs that are filled with chemicals, which are based on science and not technology.

I know I’m kinda finger pointing here, but to me it really feels like you secretly want to do 1 of 2 things (or both):

1. Steering your players away from ranking SL, to increase difficulty of endgame content.
    2. Making him tech instead of science to decrease his advantage over mystics.
  • muita sacanagem, não faz sentido o duende verde ser tecnológico, nao consigo entender se ele obteve seus maiores poderes através do soro globin? guardei meus cc4 cientifico na espera disso e me decepciono vocês deviam ouvir a maioria e corrigir esse absurdo e mudar a classe dele para ciencia