**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So when is Dr. Strange getting buffed?

Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
Dr. Strange really needs to be buffed. From the 12.0 update you guys brought back Thor and Scarlet Witch characters that were nerfed to the ground and brought back up. Where is the same treatment for Dr. Strange? He needs to be better. The Sorcerer Supreme shouldn't be a pushover. I know other characters need the buff more than him but he needs some reworking. Please revert him back to his pre 12.0 glory days.

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The only one who was revisited was Thor.
  • GrinderGrinder Posts: 242
    They've said they're not changing strange again. He was tweaked after his nerf and it made him even worse.
    Grinder wrote: »
    They've said they're not changing strange again. He was tweaked after his nerf and it made him even worse.

I don't remember seeing that comment.
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    Simple answer: never
    Complex answer: never
  • TillerTheKillerTillerTheKiller Posts: 280 ★★
    Rip Midwife Strange
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    They probably never will and it's pretty sad. Neutered him bad.
  • Maybe they will make a new version of Dr Strange that is top tier. Spidey-E is a great example of this.

But I do recall one of the mods saying they will revisit DS once they see the impact the nerf had on his use in the game. I never use DS any more and I have him as 4* 5/50 sig 71. No one in my alliance uses him either. I imagine use for him has dropped drastically.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I think if strange was left how he was he would be on par with some of the new champs such as hyperion I mean imagine the old strange in this time he only seemed powerful back then but now i dont think he would be viewed as OP. Get what i mean?
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    He'll be buffed with the same update that bases are released.

LMAO welp rip
    Maybe they will make a new version of Dr Strange that is top tier. Spidey-E is a great example of this.

But I do recall one of the mods saying they will revisit DS once they see the impact the nerf had on his use in the game. I never use DS any more and I have him as 4* 5/50 sig 71. No one in my alliance uses him either. I imagine use for him has dropped drastically.

Maybe I need to stop using him. Like I know I'm one of the few that still uses him but thats because I really don't have any other good 4 star mystic champs. He's not the worst in the game but he definitely isn't as useful as some other mystics.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    Maybe they will make a new version of Dr Strange that is top tier. Spidey-E is a great example of this.

Same.
    I think if strange was left how he was he would be on par with some of the new champs such as hyperion I mean imagine the old strange in this time he only seemed powerful back then but now i dont think he would be viewed as OP. Get what i mean?

Right I see what you are saying completely I agree 100%.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian

That's what everyone was predicting, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Based on his basic arena scoring effort, he is still in very high demand as a champion. It certainly can't be for prestige so it has to be for usage.

In my experience, in the few instances I had first hand knowledge, when comparing vocal public opinion on how popular or unpopular something in a multiplayer game was verses what the actual usage statistics were, popular opinion was actually worse than randomly throwing darts at a board.
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    I just don't get how you can nerf Strange for his Regen, but then leave Magik as she is. Don't get me wrong, I don't want Magik nerfed at all, I'm just saying that if the reason he was nerfed was his Regen, you're bad at holding standards, because Magik can undo a whole SP3 if she doesn't die.
    Here's a question. Would people be unhappy if he was never nerfed at all, or would they still want him buffed? I feel that most of the dissatisfaction comes from comparing him to how he used to be, and not looking at his viability now. He's not that useless, actually.
    Here's a question. Would people be unhappy if he was never nerfed at all, or would they still want him buffed? I feel that most of the dissatisfaction comes from comparing him to how he used to be, and not looking at his viability now. He's not that useless, actually.

Winter Soldier isn't useless, but if Star Lord (one of the champs that people pour time, money, Awakening Gems, Signature Stones, and units on) was nerfed to be as good as Winter Soldier, I'd be ticked, and so would many. It's not that he's useless now, it's that he was made mediocre after all our effort.

Winter Soldier isn't useless, but if Star Lord (one of the champs that people pour time, money, Awakening Gems, Signature Stones, and units on) was nerfed to be as good as Winter Soldier, I'd be ticked, and so would many. It's not that he's useless now, it's that he was made mediocre after all our effort.

It's been about half a year. Lol. He was changed.

Its the dissatisfaction tbh. I know he still has his uses as I still use him very often. But using him now and using him before is like off brand food. They are the same but one is completely superior to the other.
    Dr. Strange Pre 12.0 update was Lucky Charms
    Dr. Strange Post 12.0 update is Marshmallows and Stars

The marshmallows and stars are still good but I want the Lucky Charms back.
    Isman1998 wrote: »

Its the dissatisfaction tbh. I know he still has his uses as I still use him very often. But using him now and using him before is like off brand food. They are the same but one is completely superior to the other.

They've outlined the reasons for the nerfs. Many times. He was OP. He was a Swiss Army Knife. To the point where they weren't capable of offering any new content. Logically, they didn't make the decision lightly, or without necessity. It wasn't an easy choice to make. A great deal followed, and they were aware that people would be upset, but it had to be done. We're about 6 months after the fact, and it's not reasonable to think they would go through all that just to revert him back. Nor would he be the same regardless because a great deal more has changed since then.
    edited August 2017
    :'(
    Isman1998 wrote: »

They've outlined the reasons for the nerfs. Many times. He was OP. He was a Swiss Army Knife. To the point where they weren't capable of offering any new content. Logically, they didn't make the decision lightly, or without necessity. It wasn't an easy choice to make. A great deal followed, and they were aware that people would be upset, but it had to be done. We're about 6 months after the fact, and it's not reasonable to think they would go through all that just to revert him back. Nor would he be the same regardless because a great deal more has changed since then.

I understand why he was nerfed but at the same time like you said if they revert him back a lot has changed so he would not be as overpowered as before. I really feel like they need to just give him something to make him a little bit better maybe a little more regen when he is in his life steal phase. I find it mindblowing that my 4/40 Dr. Strange regens only 173 health a hit. (with the recovery mastery maxed out) He is healing less than my 3 star Ghost Rider at 4/40. Ghost Rider at this rank is healing for 184 per hit. This is just mindblowing to me man. Something needs to be tweaked.
    @GroundedWisdom, I understand what you're saying. Doctor Strange might've deserved a nerf. It was just far too drastic. They should've done something like they did with Scarlet Witch, where she went from probably the best to top 10. But again, as to my earlier point, the standard Kabam set with Strange's nerf has not been kept at all. He was nerfed mostly for his immense Regeneration ability, especially when combined with his SP2. He had some other abilities as well, but that was his main selling point: Regenerative utility. Remind you of anyone?

Magik's Limbo is worse than Strange's Regen. It lets you take an SP3 to the face, and as long as you don't die, it's all undone. I mean, Strange could Regen that much health, but it took some skill at least. Magik's Regen takes much less skill than Strange's Regen. With Strange, you have to sync up his Power Bar with his Buff Cycle so that you can get the maximum effectiveness out of the time you had, and they didn't line up manually. You had to scramble to use SP moves at the right time while still actually maintaining your fighting skills. But with Magik, you just have to hit them, or even get hit, to gain Limbo. You heard me right, standing in place can reverse all damage from an SP3. Plus, Limbo does damage to the enemy! So not only is there higher Regen, it's also enemy Degen! And it takes less skill to use!

I'm not calling for a nerf on Magik. She's got weaknesses to utilize, and she's definitely beatable. I'm just saying that Kabam didn't hold to their standard of the main reason why Strange was nerfed. Just think about that.
    @GroundedWisdom, I understand what you're saying. Doctor Strange might've deserved a nerf. It was just far too drastic. They should've done something like they did with Scarlet Witch, where she went from probably the best to top 10. But again, as to my earlier point, the standard Kabam set with Strange's nerf has not been kept at all. He was nerfed mostly for his immense Regeneration ability, especially when combined with his SP2. He had some other abilities as well, but that was his main selling point: Regenerative utility. Remind you of anyone?

Magik's Limbo is worse than Strange's Regen. It lets you take an SP3 to the face, and as long as you don't die, it's all undone. I mean, Strange could Regen that much health, but it took some skill at least. Magik's Regen takes much less skill than Strange's Regen. With Strange, you have to sync up his Power Bar with his Buff Cycle so that you can get the maximum effectiveness out of the time you had, and they didn't line up manually. You had to scramble to use SP moves at the right time while still actually maintaining your fighting skills. But with Magik, you just have to hit them, or even get hit, to gain Limbo. You heard me right, standing in place can reverse all damage from an SP3. Plus, Limbo does damage to the enemy! So not only is there higher Regen, it's also enemy Degen! And it takes less skill to use!

I'm not calling for a nerf on Magik. She's got weaknesses to utilize, and she's definitely beatable. I'm just saying that Kabam didn't hold to their standard of the main reason why Strange was nerfed. Just think about that.

They were two different Champs, and they both had their own individual changes. It's not just the nerf that was changed. We also had a new system introduced which had an affect as well. The simple fact is, the intended change has happened because he hasn't yet been revisited, so clearly there is a reason for it. People have been talking about it since and they haven't revisited him yet. I'm not implying people can't voice themselves or that they won't. I'm just stating that he will not be what he was at the present time. In fact, I've said myself that his output could be increased slightly, on the Fury Cycle. However, there must be a reason they have left him the way he is, and it's a slippery slope to revisit it. After all that's passed and the compensation that's been given, plus the fact that any change runs the risk of creating the same problem. The reality is, people relied on those Champs for everything. That wasn't the reason for the nerfs. They used them for everything BECAUSE of the reasons for the nerfs. It's just not as simple as buffing him because people miss him is what I'm saying.
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    We never even received compensation for the issues 2-3 months ago that lasted over a month, I wouldn't expect to see a buff

They were two different Champs, and they both had their own individual changes. It's not just the nerf that was changed. We also had a new system introduced which had an affect as well. The simple fact is, the intended change has happened because he hasn't yet been revisited, so clearly there is a reason for it. People have been talking about it since and they haven't revisited him yet. I'm not implying people can't voice themselves or that they won't. I'm just stating that he will not be what he was at the present time. In fact, I've said myself that his output could be increased slightly, on the Fury Cycle. However, there must be a reason they have left him the way he is, and it's a slippery slope to revisit it. After all that's passed and the compensation that's been given, plus the fact that any change runs the risk of creating the same problem. The reality is, people relied on those Champs for everything. That wasn't the reason for the nerfs. They used them for everything BECAUSE of the reasons for the nerfs. It's just not as simple as buffing him because people miss him is what I'm saying.

And I'm saying that nerfing someone just because they're one of the best isn't necessary. I was simply saying that if they're gonna be okay with Magik and her Regen, then they shouldn't have had a problem with Strange's. That's all I have to say. Goodnight.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    edited August 2017
    DS absolutely needs to be revisited. He's a travesty right now. Speed up his power gain at the very least.

Or if not that allow him to gain power like everyone else in addition to his auto power gain.

And I'm saying that nerfing someone just because they're one of the best isn't necessary. I was simply saying that if they're gonna be okay with Magik and her Regen, then they shouldn't have had a problem with Strange's. That's all I have to say. Goodnight.

That's not the point of the nerf. The point is that they were so overpowered in combination with the old Percentage System, Masteries, and Synergies, that they couldn't produce any more challenging content. Good night.