Monthly Events: Rewards and balancing of content

KezatiKezati Member Posts: 5
So this month has opened up some really good opportunities for newer players to get some challenging items and I definitely think a system like the objectives needed to be added and Kabam did a rather good job with implementing those. However, other than the release of Ronin and soon Cull Obsidian, the objectives are pretty much the only good thing added in this months content.

If anyone has been on YouTube there has been a lot of talk and criticism on this months "Last-Stand" crystals as well as the "Quest for the stones" content along with any of the frustrating bugs going on to the point where some youtubers have even said they are on the verge of quitting the event and waiting until next month. I think that is a little much but for people who are higher up on the scales of the game I understand because this month does not offer much for them.

I would like to understand why after the whole fiasco with the banning of 4* champs and the response of Kabam promising to make 5* champs more accessible, why the Greater Last Stand crystals have a ridiculously low drop rate for 5* and even 4* awakening gems and 5* shards and why the highest drop rates in the greater crystal, the highest of the three, are T4 basic fragments and 4* sig stones. This may just be one of those months but I was expecting so much more for this month considering the release of Endgame and past precedent on the last avengers movie because the release of Infinity War brought the infinity dust event and whatnot that was really good all around for all players. Continuing on though, majority T4 basic and 4* sig stones?? and 0.1% 5* gem + 0.4% 4* gem drop rates?? It seems like there is a missing tier above the greater crystal.

Like I said, it may just be one of those months and Kabam may have something up their sleeve for next month to compensate for this month. Like RichtheMan said "When Kabam gets it right they get it really right, and when they get it wrong they get it really wrong." After seeing those drop rates combined with the problems in the Quest for the stones and the forcible ranking up of not so good at all champs like OG Iron man and Cap, I think they got this month really wrong. I just hope they start making 5* gems either generic or class more accessible and don't fall short on progressing on making 5* champs easier to get as the game gets older and 6* champs make their way further into the contest.

I am hoping for greater things this year than what came with May's content and I am sure there will be better events with better rewards this year but I think it is good to point out that there should not be a repeat of this month again in terms of drop rates and forcible rank ups of bad champions. There is definitely more hype to live up to in the contest especially with the release of Spider-Man Far from Home next month which I hope brings some super fun and rewarding content, plus I am excited for Mysterio. I hope this sort of layed out how other people are feeling because I know this month's update was all kinds of bittersweet.

Comments

• RapRap Member Posts: 3,223 ★★★★
    Yeah i opened the t2 event crystal and got 1000 phc shards so i ground through the event and collected 3000 shards and in return got 1000 phc shards?????? Doesn't seem like it is worth grinding for these crystals!
    Years ago, right at the time of the "great nerfing" Kabam talked about "diminishing returns." I believe we have well and truly reach the point of "diminishing returns. " Grinding for shards to exchange them for things obtainable in greater quantity with less effort. GRINDING ENDLESSLY! To construct crystals that contain the exact same champs we have already ground for at lower levels that do the exact same things but are "bigger" and take more of everything in even more tiny parts which all added together equals 5x the grinding for??? )Why do we do this again? Not for much fun)...and then after all the effort the crystals can't even spit out 10 different champs from 10 different crystals! They spit out the same champ repeatedly!
    My clean cut crystal drop. My 2nd 4 star of the week...my second Thor.
    In the last week i have pulled Five 2 star ironmen, Three 3 star ironmen, Four 2 star Ronin, One 2 star scarlett witch, One 3 star scarlett witch, One 3 star carnage, and Two four star Thors...all that grinding sure didn't crack open much fun!
    What i am struggling mightily to understand is why i feel like i am the only one who thinks there is something seriously wrong with that!
    Everybody wants dupes...just not that many of the same champs over and over and over in a matter of 2 days, 3 days, like some kind of nightmare loop!
  • JRock808JRock808 Member Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Rap said:

What i am struggling mightily to understand is why i feel like i am the only one who thinks there is something seriously wrong with that!

You aren't. Most of us have just conceded that this is how it is. You either keep chasing that slim chance at something worthwhile or you stop caring.
    Sorry this is in several posts. This is my last. Everything we do in this game is "repetitive" what we earn from that repetition should not itself be repetitious to the degree it has become for me! It has now gone on through three months (almost exactly when i recieved my conqueror title) I have no desire to build anything! I log in get my free stuff and leave mostly. Thought i would grind for Ronin. Seems pointless though.
    One champ added after 2014...(now i am done)

Make that Two! 2 star scarlett witches and one 3 star! No one else sees anything wrong here?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,512 ★★★★★
    Rap said:

Years ago, right at the time of the "great nerfing" Kabam talked about "diminishing returns." I believe we have well and truly reach the point of "diminishing returns. " Grinding for shards to exchange them for things obtainable in greater quantity with less effort. GRINDING ENDLESSLY! To construct crystals that contain the exact same champs we have already ground for at lower levels that do the exact same things but are "bigger" and take more of everything in even more tiny parts which all added together equals 5x the grinding for??? )Why do we do this again? Not for much fun)...and then after all the effort the crystals can't even spit out 10 different champs from 10 different crystals! They spit out the same champ repeatedly!

That's not what Diminishing Returns is.
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Member Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Well said OP. I gave up on this horrible event. Ill be clearing Uncollected and Master and wont pay any mind to the other Endgame content. Such a let down. Kabam got it REALLY WRONG this month around for end game players. You can keep your "Greater **** Crystals" for the next sucker.

No, i will not rank up OG Cap or OG Ironman. Even if i did, i still bet i would need use items to clear epic difficulty Ebony Maw. Just because they suck so much lol. Ive did everything up to master and that is where i pump the breaks.

This month sucks. Thanks kabam
  • crogscrogs Member Posts: 772 ★★★
    Opened 20+ Greater crystals between my two accounts. Not one thing to help out with 5*'s. No 5* shards. No T2a shards. No T5b shards. Minimal gold. Minimal 4* shards. 4* sig stones. Just ****. Why have rewards for a star class you can't even use in Act 6? I'm trying to build my 5* roster to be able to attempt act 6, heck, and even finish Act 5. And all the effort to open all those crystals was for nothing. So the content sucks and all the update did was make the game crash more, screwed up chat more, introduced a plethora of other bugs. So they screwed the pooch pretty much on every level this month. For as great as the movie was, they sucked equally.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,993 ★★★★★
    I did ok for my level out of the greater crystals. 6 of T1A, 4+5* shards and I even saw some T5B shards.