**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Wasp was an original Avenger?

2»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

JayCee said:

Marvel decides the the tags that a champion has, not kabam. So if you want to have a go at someone, have a go at Marvel.

I know Kabam has stated that Marvel has the final say on Tags.... but I actually wonder the actual validity of their statement. I'm always a bit cynical when it comes to Games Devs who pass the buck onto a larger company that people would simple go "Oh well if they say it's this company doing it, then it must be that". I'd love to see some actual confirmation from Marvel, not Kabam, stating they have the final say on the Tags for the game over Kabam. Straight from the Horses Mouth, so to speak.
    Marvel has been fairly protective for quite awhile about all of there properties. They want to control their narrative and image. I don't see any reason not to believe they wouldn't have final say. They are currently funneling all of their stuff outside of mobile games to their new streaming services. They wouldn't just put their name on something and let another company have free roam with it.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

So if Lang is an Avenger, why isn’t Wasp?

As far as tags go, this is one of the more baffling ones to me.

The Ant-man in this game is based on the one we saw in his first Solo movie. In that movie, he came across one Avenger (Falcon), but Scott himself wasn't an Avenger.

We saw him next in Civil War fighting for Captain America's side. Given that point in time, I'd argue that as far as the government was concerned, the Avengers consisted of Tony Stark and his team while Captain America's team (including Ant Man) were fugitives. This is why Ant Man is locked up by the end of the movie. Still not an Avenger. And even if Cap's side was still considered "Avengers", a single fight doesn't really get you "Avengers" designation. This can be seen with Spider-man who fought with Tony and spent his follow-up solo movie trying to earn a spot on the team.

Then Ant-Man was on house arrest from the End of Civil War to the end of his 2nd Solo movie and there were no Avengers in sight. Still not an Avenger.

Still won't spoil Endgame, but it's not clear to me that he's an official Avenger in that movie either.

So why the heck is he tagged as an #Avenger?

I don't lose sleep over this, but I have thought about it.
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Some of the tags are hilarious. Both blade and Stark are tagged as defenders... not saying they don’t have some defensive utility especially on some nodes. They’re so clearly not defenders though by comparison to their attack prowess.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

JayCee said:

Marvel decides the the tags that a champion has, not kabam. So if you want to have a go at someone, have a go at Marvel.

I know Kabam has stated that Marvel has the final say on Tags.... but I actually wonder the actual validity of their statement. I'm always a bit cynical when it comes to Games Devs who pass the buck onto a larger company that people would simple go "Oh well if they say it's this company doing it, then it must be that". I'd love to see some actual confirmation from Marvel, not Kabam, stating they have the final say on the Tags for the game over Kabam. Straight from the Horses Mouth, so to speak.
    Marvel has been fairly protective for quite awhile about all of there properties. They want to control their narrative and image. I don't see any reason not to believe they wouldn't have final say. They are currently funneling all of their stuff outside of mobile games to their new streaming services. They wouldn't just put their name on something and let another company have free roam with it.
    True, while Marvel (read: Disney) is protective of their properties, it does seem weird that they would have some sort of executive decision on something that's relatively small (no pun intended). There's many stories about other game devs saying "Oh it's the Publisher that made this decision to put this in the game" and it's later revealed that it was actually the Devs decision. As I said, I'm just a bit cynical when I hear a dev say it's a higher power making some decisions.
    ItsDamien said:

ItsDamien said:

JayCee said:

True, while Marvel (read: Disney) is protective of their properties, it does seem weird that they would have some sort of executive decision on something that's relatively small (no pun intended). There's many stories about other game devs saying "Oh it's the Publisher that made this decision to put this in the game" and it's later revealed that it was actually the Devs decision. As I said, I'm just a bit cynical when I hear a dev say it's a higher power making some decisions.
    I think it has more to do with misrepresentation than anything. Marvel has come a long ways since branching out from comics and into tv, movies and mobile games. With them trying to reclaim all of their properties, I wouldn't padt them that they have a department dedicated to it. Even my company has a branding department that everyone has to go through in order to create something the company can use.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

The Ant-man in this game is based on the one we saw in his first Solo movie. In that movie, he came across one Avenger (Falcon), but Scott himself wasn't an Avenger.

We saw him next in Civil War fighting for Captain America's side. Given that point in time, I'd argue that as far as the government was concerned, the Avengers consisted of Tony Stark and his team while Captain America's team (including Ant Man) were fugitives. This is why Ant Man is locked up by the end of the movie. Still not an Avenger. And even if Cap's side was still considered "Avengers", a single fight doesn't really get you "Avengers" designation. This can be seen with Spider-man who fought with Tony and spent his follow-up solo movie trying to earn a spot on the team.

Then Ant-Man was on house arrest from the End of Civil War to the end of his 2nd Solo movie and there were no Avengers in sight. Still not an Avenger.

Still won't spoil Endgame, but it's not clear to me that he's an official Avenger in that movie either.

Capts team would have been "new avengers"
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Lormif said:

Capts team would have been "new avengers"
    In the comics, Cap formed the "Secret Avengers" during the events of Civil War. I don't think I remember him naming his team in the MCU.

The "New Avengers" was a different team entirely and was formed a few years before the Civil War broke out.