**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

So this is it huh? Bugged quests compensation lol

Comments

• AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Well, they can't really go back and give everyone exactly what they used. That would take forever.

What world do you live in? It's pretty easy actually, and not that long - computers are pretty fast today plus you can do users in different threads, so not that difficult. I'd expect then to have a beautiful log by now, after all those lame accidents they had compensating in past , so could be done in couple of hours at max plus computing time, let's say 48h. People waited even more actually
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    Weird I only got the compensation on my main account but not on my mini and I beat thanos on both accounts before the fix
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

Well, they can't really go back and give everyone exactly what they used. That would take forever.

What world do you live in? It's pretty easy actually, and not that long - computers are pretty fast today plus you can do users in different threads, so not that difficult. I'd expect then to have a beautiful log by now, after all those lame accidents they had compensating in past , so could be done in couple of hours at max plus computing time, let's say 48h. People waited even more actually
    No, it's not that easy. The Rewards are handled by the server. First you have to search the data for people who completed it before the fix. Then you have to compile a list of who used what, then manually send out those Items to each Account. It's not just the press of a button.
    Again, they're not going to make it into something that requires weeks of work. They have other jobs to do as well.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★

Aleor said:

No, it's not that easy. The Rewards are handled by the server. First you have to search the data for people who completed it before the fix. Then you have to compile a list of who used what, then manually send out those Items to each Account. It's not just the press of a button.
    Do you think that if something done on server, than it's difficult? Their servers are mostly a lot faster then your pc. And no reason to send it manually. Do you expect someone to press buttons with their hands to type in user nickname and his reward?
    Once again, they had issues like that a lot of times now, they should have action log now, and it would take just one pretty simple sql query to get list of users ids and number of items used. If they have decent logging. If they don't, it's only their fault
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 648 ★★★
    Aleor said:

Aleor said:

Do you think that if something done on server, than it's difficult? Their servers are mostly a lot faster then your pc. And no reason to send it manually. Do you expect someone to press buttons with their hands to type in user nickname and his reward?
    Once again, they had issues like that a lot of times now, they should have action log now, and it would take just one pretty simple sql query to get list of users ids and number of items used. If they have decent logging. If they don't, it's only their fault
    Yes, they have had issues like this time and time again over the years. And in that time, as far as i can recall, they have never issued individualized compensation, so why would you expect them to start now?
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,182 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Lyra sorry to sound rude but i beat nameless thanos on uncollected and didnt get anything . I won before he was fixed. My friend also did it and he got the compensation and i didnt.

Plz is this intended?
  • MattManMattMan Posts: 433 ★★★★
    Not. Good. Enough.

Take it to the team.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    All i can say is...how many more times? Anymore i wait and see before i try this stuff...i test it and if it is obviously gonna clean me out i stop. But it isn't right to keep this up. You guys never return anything near what it cost most of us meanwhile we get t1 revives and restores from chapter 5 quests??? And zero team restores and revives where i am...so how many times are we supposed to go through loosing because of gitches and getting a fraction of what is wasted back before we are free to ask if it isn't purposeful??? Are all the kabam players so beyond the bottom and middle they don't notice till we complain?
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    Am I crazy? Were the people who dumped all the units and items going for Legend titles? That's the only real reason I can see to try to ram through UC Thanos. It's only 12 energy to stop and give it another try. No items, no units, nada.

I can see dumping tons of items into a Legend run and if that's the case, people deserve 100% compensation.

Taking a Legend run early in the monthly event is a double edged sword. If there's a bug, you get this month's pain in the butt. If there's an exploit or cheese that gives us an advantage and it's not serious enough to nullify Legend run times, the AI gets adjusted over the month and it's harder to throw the cheese.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★

@Kabam Lyra sorry to sound rude but i beat nameless thanos on uncollected and didnt get anything . I won before he was fixed. My friend also did it and he got the compensation and i didnt.

Plz is this intended?

Hello,

For anyone who didn't receive the compensation message and believes they were eligible (meaning you'd attempted the Nameless Thanos fight before it was fixed on April 26) you must contact Support for that to be looked in to. We cannot look at your account to verify eligibility from the forum.
  • theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    May I ask you guys why the hell everyone gets a compensation pack and I did not? First of all I beated nameless thanos UC event released. Right after 3 Days. This means BEFORE fix (26 April) I also used revives and refills for that. Now I want my righteous compensation.

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    MMCskippy said:

Am I crazy? Were the people who dumped all the units and items going for Legend titles? That's the only real reason I can see to try to ram through UC Thanos. It's only 12 energy to stop and give it another try. No items, no units, nada.

I can see dumping tons of items into a Legend run and if that's the case, people deserve 100% compensation.

Taking a Legend run early in the monthly event is a double edged sword. If there's a bug, you get this month's pain in the butt. If there's an exploit or cheese that gives us an advantage and it's not serious enough to nullify Legend run times, the AI gets adjusted over the month and it's harder to throw the cheese.

1) UC is not part title, it is heroic and master runs..
    2) If you dont realize it is bugged it is very easy to see why some people would just spend their way through it, especially after practicing for a week, after all they may want to try for that legends title and they think there is no more that practice can get them. Many times people do UC to prepare for the legends run so they can see what the nodes offer.

Plz is this intended?

Hello,

For anyone who didn't receive the compensation message and believes they were eligible (meaning you'd attempted the Nameless Thanos fight before it was fixed on April 26) you must contact Support for that to be looked in to. We cannot look at your account to verify eligibility from the forum.
    A guy in my alliance received and he was finished UC Thanos before me. After 2 Days. I finished after 3 Days. What’s wrong with 3 Days? I’ll contact support No worries.

Plz is this intended?

Hello,

Can you at least tell us which tab should we click on support? Obviously this is not a technical issue or a bug problem.
    edited May 2019
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Dude you should stick to things you know, this you do not know. The fact that it is handled by the server makes it vastly easier. If it was handled by the client then they could not know at all. That it is handled by the server means it is logged somewhere, and if it is logged somewhere then a simple grep of the log/database can get you the data you need AND email out the rewards. I can think of 10 ways to automate this on a linux server, and my coworker can think of just as many on a windows server.
    Not when you have to do individual Accounts manually. You can send it via the server but it still takes manual work. Much more than a generic package. I do know what I'm talking about. The expectations are not realistic.
  • DalBotDalBot Posts: 1,616 ★★★★★
    3 full energy refills for a 9 energy board? Seems like y'all weren't paying attention and cookie cuttered something. 3 revives is a joke considering the difficulty difference

May I ask you guys why the hell everyone gets a compensation pack and I did not? First of all I beated nameless thanos UC event released. Right after 3 Days. This means BEFORE fix (26 April) I also used revives and refills for that. Now I want my righteous compensation.

I want to complain about compensation pack too. Unfortunately I don’t have anything to complain about!

Ace_03 said:

Why are some people getting better rewards for the same bug? I got 20% revives and others in the screenshot got 40% revives, better potions and more energy refills?

The items sent for this compensation were based upon the highest difficulty of the Nameless Thanos fight that you attempted before the fix was put live April 26. This is why it may look different for others.

1 year and a half ago, similar circumstances, much more generous package, inflation and devaluation are a constant in this game, now you have to do twice as much, for much more less in return.

Incredibly disappointing.
    You're comparing Ice Phoenix to an added Safeguard Node? Do you remember how insane she was?
    Do you? You weren't uncollected then and defended her.
    Lormif said:

Aleor said:

Dude you should stick to things you know, this you do not know. The fact that it is handled by the server makes it vastly easier. If it was handled by the client then they could not know at all. That it is handled by the server means it is logged somewhere, and if it is logged somewhere then a simple grep of the log/database can get you the data you need AND email out the rewards. I can think of 10 ways to automate this on a linux server, and my coworker can think of just as many on a windows server.
    Not when you have to do individual Accounts manually. You can send it via the server but it still takes manual work. Much more than a generic package. I do know what I'm talking about. The expectations are not realistic.
    what makes you think they have to do it manually? You can typically automate these things pretty completely. A simple for loop that looks up the information needed then pipes it to the process that does the mailing.

for i in `grep string log`
    do
    grep $i log | grep resources used| awk '{clean up data}'| xargs program for mailing
    fi
    This assumes it is a log file, it is probably a database, in which case you change line 3 to a sql statement that still piles to the file. That is a basic pseudo code for what can be done with the limited information, there are vastly cleaner ways to do it.. If they have to manually process this I would be very surprised.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Bottom line. It don't work, it harms many in this place, the forum, is starting to feel like a ghost town looping the same conversations among the same people as this all slide downhill.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I don’t think I even spent anything before the fix and I got the UC Thanos compensation... free stuff I guess, but weird. I think they just gave the same thing to everyone who tried it, regardless of what they spent. It’s probably hard to track down exactly what everyone spent and why if you’re talking about boosts. I don’t know how they keep track of stuff, but I don’t think they can just press a button, and everyone who went against a certain fight and used a certain amount of items, can be refunded exactly what they spent.
  • StarhawkStarhawk Posts: 614 ★★★
    I have 2 issues with this 1) I attempted Thanos and never got compensation. I actually gave up but that doesn't mean it didn't cost me resources. Guess i'll be contacting customer support and 2) Where is the compensation for the Darkhawk bug from months ago? I wasted more healths and revives for that than this and Kabam never honed up to it by providing compensation. how do they decide which ones to compensate???
    I think I just got one for havok, mine had the infinity stones in the picture and include 20k last stand shards.
This discussion has been closed.